UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If France wins this final it might be the most undeserved final

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They have one shot and it wasn’t any of the two goals

That's insane. 2 goals on meh plays (although griesman had a great ball off a terrible call}. On top of the mere fact that that offensehas generated only one shot.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
That's insane. 2 goals on meh plays (although griesman had a great ball off a terrible call}. On top of the mere fact that that offensehas generated only one shot.
They don’t build anything up. They look to counter quickly with Mbappe and pogba

Reaction Score

Yeah, this is actually bad for soccer with the casual fan. Croatia is dominating, yet playing uphill with both unlucky goals.

Will the soccer Gods let the true victor emerge with the cup?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don't complain much about garbage calls, but that penalty was a garbage call.
What was worse was the foul call on Griezeman which led to the own goal

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yeah, this is actually bad for soccer with the casual fan. Croatia is dominating, yet playing uphill with both unlucky goals.
Yeah. For causal fans they won’t appreciate how beautiful Croatia plays and how ugly (in a way) France plays. They’ll just look at the score

Reaction Score
Anybody cheering for France in here? Lol.

So, France has had zero shots on goal. There was a flat dive that led to the call on the first one. The second one appeared to be an unintentional hand ball.

Soccer guys, help me out here? Is the rule that any unintentional handball in the box is a penalty? If so, that's a terrible, awful rule on par with the NFL catch rules and tuck rule. Just horrible. The punishment does not fit the crime there. At all.

When you're talking about a game where, in a half, the only shot on goal was Perisic's beautiful rocket, it sucks that a handball not done to stop a goal leads to an easy goal. I know there's more resistance to change in soccer than in ever baseball, but that distorts the outcome of a game, as it did here. Guys shouldn't have to play with their hands behind their backs, as I've seen - that's ridiculous.

In any event, Croatia appeared to my ignorant eye to have played the better half. They had more opportunities.

Fun game. It's a shame the U.S. isn't more committed to it.

Reaction Score
Soccer guys, help me out here? Is the rule that any unintentional handball in the box is a penalty? If so, that's a terrible, awful rule on par with the NFL catch rules and tuck rule. Just horrible. The punishment does not fit the crime there. At all.

When you're talking about a game where, in a half, the only shot on goal was Perisic's beautiful rocket, it sucks that a handball not done to stop a goal leads to an easy goal. I know there's more resistance to change in soccer than in ever baseball, but that distorts the outcome of a game, as it did here. Guys shouldn't have to play with their hands behind their backs, as I've seen - that's ridiculous.

Its unfortunate that it wasn't a demonstrative, blatant attempt to stop the ball going into a goal with the hand, but because the hand "made the body bigger" it had to be called. Just a rule that has to be upkept. Very unlucky.

Pique for Spain had an unfortunate one too. You can't not call it.

Reaction Score
Its unfortunate that it wasn't a demonstrative, blatant attempt to stop the ball going into a goal with the hand, but because the hand "made the body bigger" it had to be called. Just a rule that has to be upkept. Very unlucky.

Pique for Spain had an unfortunate one too. You can't not call it.

yeah, I think it was a good call

Reaction Score
Anybody cheering for France in here? Lol.

So, France has had zero shots on goal. There was a flat dive that led to the call on the first one. The second one appeared to be an unintentional hand ball.

In any event, Croatia appeared to my ignorant eye to have played the better half. They had more opportunities.

Fun game. It's a shame the U.S. isn't more committed to it.

@Jay-Bone put it in a single helpful phrase

I’ll also say that I believe intentional use of the hand leads to a red card. It was only just a PK specifically because it was an unintentional incident.

And I doubt the rule will be changed. THE big rule in soccer is “you can’t use your hands”. They’re not going to start trying to determine ways by and contexts in which it can be legal to “use” one’s hands. That would actually significantly complicate things.

Just like they never will (and we’ll never want them to) change the rules in basketball to note ways by and contexts in which you can kick the basketball.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So frustrating croatia thoroughly playing france

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member