OT: - World Cup 2018 | Page 47 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup 2018

Reaction Score
I think France wins 2-1.

I'm pulling for Belgium, and they can win, but they're a lesser version of the Dutch teams from the late 1990s. There is something lacking there and I think Brazil has whatever that is. I hope I'm wrong, but I think Brazil wins 3-2

Russia is riding a wave like Korea in 2002, minus the funny business. I think it ends here for them. Croatia 1-0.

England Sweden is a toss up for me as well. Sweden has been impressive, though, and I think they have something going for them. 2-1 Sweden.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think France wins 2-1.

I'm pulling for Belgium, and they can win, but they're a lesser version of the Dutch teams from the late 1990s. There is something lacking there and I think Brazil has whatever that is. I hope I'm wrong, but I think Brazil wins 3-2

Russia is riding a wave like Korea in 2002, minus the funny business. I think it ends here for them. Croatia 1-0.

England Sweden is a toss up for me as well. Sweden has been impressive, though, and I think they have something going for them. 2-1 Sweden.

Interesting comment. I liken this France team to those Dutch teams. Loaded with young talent. But can they put it together? Belgium on the other hand, seems like team that exceeds their talent. Their coordination in attack is very impressive.

So if I had to predict:
Uruguay
Belgium
Croatia
England

I’m really curious to see if this Brazil team has the discipline to play defense for 90 minutes. So often they don’t. The Belgian counter is brutal.

Uruguay I pick on physicality. France might struggle dealing with it.

England just has better players than Sweden, even if they can’t seem to finish. The defense is also pretty solid. Close one.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't give a lick either way about the English national team, but I will say that the majority of their hardcore football supporters tend to be louts. Just a cultural thing.

There's a reason every World Cup host seems to specifically prepare to manage drunk English hooligans.

Popped up on my feed today and made me chuckle. English fans in Kent celebrate their team with a good ol' fashioned donnybrook.

England fans brawled at £50 a table pub in Chatham during the Colombia game

Reaction Score
I’ve got France at +700, England at +1600, and Belgium at +2000. So I’d be happy if any of them won.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

It depends if they give Bobby Firmino the start. If they do, you know they are serious about winning.

Reaction Score
I’ve got France at +700, England at +1600, and Belgium at +2000. So I’d be happy if any of them won.

Belgium at +2000 is nice. That's actually probably "fair" unlike most futures odds.

Reaction Score
I’m really curious to see if this Brazil team has the discipline to play defense for 90 minutes. So often they don’t. The Belgian counter is brutal.
Similarly, I’m really curious to see if this Belgian team has the discipline to play defense for 90 minutes. So often they don’t. The Brazilian counter is brutal.

Reaction Score
Popped up on my feed today and made me chuckle. English fans in Kent celebrate their team with a good ol' fashioned donnybrook.
So, a tad bit different than an ol' fashioned cat fight in Shanghai during yesterday's game: English vs Colombianas. "You're fat & ugly reportedly set off one English gal". ;)
Info shared by uninvolved English, Chinese, Italian and Kiwi friends BSing on WeChat today

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Seems as if the rumors of Ronaldo to juventus are picking up. No clue why he would want to go there but seems to be a lot of traction there

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Seems as if the rumors of Ronaldo to juventus are picking up. No clue why he would want to go there but seems to be a lot of traction there
That will crank my Juve hate to 11.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For some people, ronaldo's departure to Juventus may even make it a little easier to not root against Real Madrid.

Not for me. It's forever the team of Franco in my mind. And even if that is exaggerated they are still the equivalent of the Yankees. Plus, Suarez is just as unlikable as Ronaldo, maybe more so for me.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Suarez may flop and embellish everything but his hustle and grind is unmatched. Best in the world

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Uruguay is not playing around with the tackles. They’re going in hard. Love that. France is going to have to adapt to that

Reaction Score
France keeps picking off their own passes intended for teammates.

And by France I mean pretty much just Griezmann.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom