OT: - World Cup 2018 | Page 43 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup 2018

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
In case people didn't know, FoxSports.com has an amazing "highlights" feed, that shows significant chances and goals, all from about 10 different camera angles, and often in slow motion. It's interesting to see these plays unfold from different perspectives.

Reaction Score
My 12 year old daughter observed last week that her team appears to be the only team in our league that doesn't flop and stall. It never even crosses our players' minds and we never even address it as coaches. But it does seem that every team we have played has at least a few floppers, and a few teams seem to be coached to stall, complete with their coach yelling not-so-subtle cues to do so.

Wow--at 12 years old???!
My daughter is the same age and we never ever see kids doing that.

Reaction Score
Japan put on a clinic of how not to play with a 2 goal lead

I'd have to look back, but I dont think the first two Belgium goals were the result of getting caught up-field. Give Japan credit, they took it to Belgium, and damn near put a 3rd goal in. I'm sure they would have loved to have kept a few more people back on that last corner kick.

Reaction Score
I'd have to look back, but I dont think the first two Belgium goals were the result of getting caught up-field. Give Japan credit, they took it to Belgium, and damn near put a 3rd goal in. I'm sure they would have loved to have kept a few more people back on that last corner kick.

It could have been much worse for Japan if Lukaku had a better day with headers. Missed one point blank, and on two he was all alone and headed it right at the goalie.

Reaction Score
Wow--at 12 years old???!
My daughter is the same age and we never ever see kids doing that.
agreed - never seen a diver at either of my son's games, and we play town, premier and HS.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It could have been much worse for Japan if Lukaku had a better day with headers. Missed one point blank, and on two he was all alone and headed it right at the goalie.

Yep. They didn't seem to make as much of an effort to go through the air in the first half. Almost like they were waiting for the perfect combination and finish from inside, which played into Japans strengths on the ground. They should have attacked up the wing (and across) relentlessly from the get go.

Reaction Score
France v Argentina was match of the tournament until today, but Belgium Japan take over that spot now. Some great Quarter Final games coming up

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yeah. That header was crazy

Reaction Score
Damn, that's how you run a break. Was really impressed by Japan and super tough way to lose. Match of the tournament.

It's easy for me to say now, but I had a feeling once I saw the speed Courtois rolled the ball to De Bruyne.

It reminded me a lot of the US counter vs Algeria, but was probably a little nicer overall.

Reaction Score
It's easy for me to say now, but I had a feeling once I saw the speed Courtois rolled the ball to De Bruyne.

It reminded me a lot of the US counter vs Algeria, but was probably a little nicer overall.
It was poetry in motion. Perfect execution from start to finish, with 5- 6 guys working in complete rhythm. Simply an incredible counter.

Reaction Score
just watched the replay of the game, just spectacular. Belgium has such fire power and another gear. Could this be their year??

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
just watched the replay of the game, just spectacular. Belgium has such fire power and another gear. Could this be their year??

I'd say that the winner of Belgium - Brazil has a good shot, but France is very strong as well, and Uruguay is no slouch. England is the only team on the other side I think has any realistic chance to beat one of those four teams.

Sucks the way the bracket fell.

Reaction Score
Wow, how many missed chances this game? These guys can't even put on frame.

Reaction Score
Could've done better with that volley. It was in that strange too low to head and too high to get a good foot on it zone.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
what a terrible own goal. Keeper had it easy

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I think this foul is on the outside edge of the box

Reaction Score
"So glad he went to the monitor to check."

It was literally past 90+3 (93') when he was fouled. Just blow it all dead.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sweden is the latest example of the Ewing theory.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
England looks pretty good. Speed, and very crisp passing. Just need to break through.

Reaction Score
I'd say that the winner of Belgium - Brazil has a good shot, but France is very strong as well, and Uruguay is no slouch. England is the only team on the other side I think has any realistic chance to beat one of those four teams.

Sucks the way the bracket fell.

I'd also give Croatia a solid shot to come out of that side of the bracket - they've looked tough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom