Women's World Cup | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Women's World Cup

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Very physical match so far. USA getting a few chances late and will break through eventually.

Reaction Score
Very physical match so far. USA getting a few chances late and will break through eventually.
Feels like 2011 final against Japan. USA dominating but not putting the opponent down.

Reaction Score
Just glad I flipped to the neutral BBC broadcast and bouncing to Le Tour de France to avoid the over-the-top US homerism

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Just glad I flipped to the neutral BBC broadcast and bouncing to Le Tour de France to avoid the over-the-top US homerism

Isn't it nice to have a team in the finals.

Reaction Score
Dutch only have 1 SOG?

Edit: They just got their 2nd shot, first that actually got to the goalie!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Depth of the US just wears teams down
Yea, they didn't even play their best player. Great win for the women. Well done.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yea, they didn't even play their best player. Great win for the women. Well done.

?? Who? It’s amazing we bring players like Press and Lloyd off the bench. And we played 20-21 deep across the tournament keeping people fresh.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
?? Who? It’s amazing we bring players like Press and Lloyd off the bench. And we played 20-21 deep across the tournament keeping people fresh.
Horan.

Reaction Score
Lavelle and Daelkemper were the POG's of the game for the US, IMO

Reaction Score
Isn't it nice to have a team in the finals.
Sure, yapping homer broadcasters not so much.
What part of the prior response inadequately confirmed the answer?
:rolleyes:
Isn't it even better to have a World Cup champion.
No, I wished the US lost. Happy now? And, homer broadcasters are boring regardless of nationality. Hence, the advantage of hoping the US wins while listening to neutral non-Yank broadcasters who know far more about the sport and don't ceaselessly yap away with unbalanced USA this, oh US American was fouled when he/she wasn't, blah blah blah.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought Heath had the best game of the tournament for her so far. And maybe for the entire US team. She plays at a higher level. It's as though she's waiting for someone at her level with whom she can play. I suspect that person is Mallory Pugh but by then, Heath will be old and retired.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I thought Heath had the best game of the tournament for her so far. And maybe for the entire US team. She plays at a higher level. It's as though she's waiting for someone at her level with whom she can play. I suspect that person is Mallory Pugh but by then, Heath will be old and retired.

I didn’t see it that way. When she got in scoring position she looked clumsy. Didn’t manage to do much with the ball.

Reaction Score
Didn’t the women go from ‘99 to ‘14 without winning a WC? Seems like the world caught up and then we stepped up our game.

The European Leagues will be flush with American players. MLS still isn’t the moneymaker that it needs to be to lose millions and millions a year on the women’s club game.

Reaction Score
I didn’t see it that way. When she got in scoring position she looked clumsy. Didn’t manage to do much with the ball.

She set up her teammates all game, held the ball, got her teammates into optimal position. 4 of the shots on goal came from that. Twice with Press (who didn't do much), once with Morgan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom