Women's hoops on TV today....EDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Colonial Athletic Association semis are on CSN this afternoon:

UDel game is at 2:00 against Hofstra.
Finals are at 2:00 tomo0rrow....same station I presume.

I would not be a bit surprised to see UDel get a 4 or 5 seed....and advance from the first weekend
[they host] and get sent to Bridgeport.

BTW: if the NCAA committee wants to give Duke a one seed and not us, they have their explanation.
It is appropriate that they give serious weight to conference championships [imo] and Duke won the regular season title and the conference tourney. We won neither.

If I am Duke I would rather be a #2 in Norfolk with ND my #1 than be #1 in Bridgeport with UConn my #2.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Duke could beat ND. Theyre tall athletic and have good guards. Would be interesting. With our SOS and playing ND 3 times Baylor once and Duke playing us once. I dont think theyre a number 1 seed but we saw a few years back Penn St get a 1 seed and come to Bridgeport and scoring less then 10 pts in the first half. Diana had a great nite.

It really bothers me when people on the committee think this way. UConn ND and Baylor are far above any other team in WCBB and that very clear.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
ETT: I see Baylor as favorite against the field....sorry to say.
Having said that, what team that might be a #2 seed in your region would be a bit of danger to you?

I do agree with Kara Lawson that UConn has the best shot at knocking off Baylor.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
ETT: I see Baylor as favorite against the field....sorry to say.
Having said that, what team that might be a #2 seed in your region would be a bit of danger to you?

I do agree with Kara Lawson that UConn has the best shot at knocking off Baylor.
Blake gotta agree with you on that one. UConn hasnt been firing on all cylinders however Breanna looked good againest ND. If UConn plays ND and gets by them imo we have the best shot at Baylor.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
IMO, UCONN is the only team with a shot at Baylor. But it will require Hartley coming on strong. At this point I don't see a team with the talent at PG and center to stay with Sims and Griner. I doubt that KML could repeat the performance she had against us in February.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Colonial Athletic Association semis are on CSN this afternoon:

UDel game is at 2:00 against Hofstra.
Finals are at 2:00 tomo0rrow....same station I presume.

I would not be a bit surprised to see UDel get a 4 or 5 seed....and advance from the first weekend
[they host] and get sent to Bridgeport.

BTW: if the NCAA committee wants to give Duke a one seed and not us, they have their explanation.
It is appropriate that they give serious weight to conference championships [imo] and Duke won the regular season title and the conference tourney. We won neither.

If I am Duke I would rather be a #2 in Norfolk with ND my #1 than be #1 in Bridgeport with UConn my #2.

Why would the Committee give Duke a #1 seed and not UCONN ?? Thats not even in the realm of possibility. There is a greater chance that I become a vegetarian than UCONN not being a #1 seed

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Is it just my eyes or does EDD look thinner this year? She didn't look nearly as strong as I remember from last year and she seemed to be bumped out of position fairly easily. Maybe the Lyme Disease has hampered her ability to sustain muscle?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
no difference... and she was going up against a very "physical" player so that may be the reason for being bumped out of position.

EDD was EDD... in my opinion

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The last two years she has looked quite a bit leaner than before.

Reaction Score
Very unimpressed with del. Drexel has wanted it more and has close a 17 pt gap to 3 with lots of time. Del has long stretches where their offense is terrible.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Drexel on a huge run, wiping out double digit deficit, now down by 3 with 7:37 left ...

Reaction Score
Not impressed with EDD either. She would not be first team AA onmy ballot.

Drexel down 2 with 3 to go.

Reaction Score
Drexel finally ties it after multiple chances. 1:44 to go.

Reaction Score
Bad call by Dennis demayo gives del 2 free throws. Up 1 with :35.

Reaction Score
Del narrowly beats a Drexel team that won't even make the NCAAs. I would not bet on del making the sweet 16.

Reaction Score
You might could envy the 13th seed ;)

LOL True.

But looking at Creme's projections we have the dangerous winner of Maryland/South Carolina. Another 1 seed gets the Delaware and a Georgia team that can't break 55 points? Quite a difference there.

There are times when I think Creme secretly puts together the toughest road for UConn based on wishful thinking.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Hope Coach Tina Martin enjoys the Post Season this year. After EDD leaves she will slip back to anonymity.
That Drexel coach is sick of losing to Delaware. She'll be happy for next year.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Just makes much more interesting potential matchups if UConn and Delaware and UConn and Tennessee are potential matchups. I would be happy to see Delaware as the 8'seed

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I've never seen Del play but wouldn't you think a team that essentially returned their entire starting 5 from last season would be BETTER this year? I thought the same of Kansas at the end of last season. I thought Kansas and Del would be 2 teams in the top 15 all season long. I get that Del was without EDD when they lost some early games, but to barely escape against Drexel is NOT a good sign this late in the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom