Women’s NIT field announced | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Women’s NIT field announced

Reaction Score
In addition to Regan Schenck the four and five place assist leaders this year are in the tournament.

I would take Stephen F Austin as the presumptive favorite in this tournament.

I'm guessing that both Caitlin Clark and Nika Muhl will individually will total more assists in their tournament than Regan Schenck and the Drexel and Colorado State point guards in total will dish out in the WNIT. I think the 5'2 Drexel point guard offset two points in her last game with 12 assists.

Reaction Score
Oregon gets a #1 seed and will host North Dakota State at MKA in the first round. Quite an opportunity. Just keep winning at home and they can play all the way to the title game. Last year South Dakota State did just that… 4 straight in Brookings and a home win over Seton Hall.
Hopefully the Ducks have that mindset, just keep winning. One game at a time.

Reaction Score
Entertaining game in Albuquerque. Any Lobo fans know why the La Duff twins are not playing?

Reaction Score
NAU concluded their season as the wandering Lobos advance with a convincing 72-64 win. New Mexico too athletic for the Jacks. Lobos' Mc Gruder was very impressible with a double double.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm watching Washington against San Fransisco. I might not make it to the end of the game. Tied at 19 at halftime. Both teams have 12 TOs. USF shooting 23%, UW 32%. Dawgs o-fer behind the arc while the Dons have made 3. This is some of the ugliest basketball I've ever seen. Looks like attendance of about 100 people. Can't blame anyone for not wanting to pay to watch this.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'm watching Washington against San Fransisco. I might not make it to the end of the game. Tied at 19 at halftime. Both teams have 12 TOs. USF shooting 23%, UW 32%. Dawgs o-fer behind the arc while the Dons have made 3. This is some of the ugliest basketball I've ever seen. Looks like attendance of about 100 people. Can't blame anyone for not wanting to pay to watch this.
There have always been some ugly games, I suppose, but I haven't had to watch too many of them. A few years back, UCSB was my prime "go-to" as their scores would come in relatively late and were often putrid. Other teams have taken their place.

That said, I have watched a few stinkers recently, there were even a couple in the conference tournaments. On the brighter side, some of them picked up a bit in the 2nd half.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Washington decided to play some basketball in the 2nd half and ran away 61-46. Mostly sparked by a pair of Fr. guards Stines and Ladine. New Mexico up next. During the broadcast they said the Duff twins opted out of playing in the NIT for the Lobos.

Reaction Score
Ugh. I am kicking myself. I was planning on watching the WNIT games and it appears that I have missed some decent games so far

Reaction Score
Entertaining game in Albuquerque. Any Lobo fans know why the La Duff twins are not playing?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Maybe there's more to this story, but that has to be a big disappointment for their teammates. This isn't like NFL draft prospects skipping their teams' bowl games (which I happen to think is pretty lame).

Reaction Score
Oregon wins by 39 over North Dakota State. Paopao 26 pts, 9-11 FG, 6-7 3pt. Man oh man, I can’t believe how (why) she went so completely MIA during the 7 game losing streak that killed the Ducks season. Next up: Rice

Reaction Score
Syracuse plays Seton Hall on Monday. I’m torn because I want to see Big East teams be successful (to grow the conference brand) but also I really like ‘Cuse’s new coach and want her to be successful. I think it should be a good match up, though I am leaning towards Syracuse getting the W.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
WEIRD game. Washington outscored New Mexico by a combined 46-17 in Q1 and Q2, to offset being outscored 39-21 in the middle quarters. Huskies await winner of Kansas St.-Wyoming.

Elle Ladine is a baller. She really came on strong late this season. Rescued the Dawgs today. Took over when they were down by 10 and looking dead in the water in the 3rd quarter.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Washington wins again. Beat Kansas St. When you can shoot 1-20 behind the arc and still win...you take it. Dawgs will be hosting their 4th WNIT game against Oregon on Sunday. At least the Pac 12 will get a team in the Final 4 in one post season tournament this year. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Washington wins again. Beat Kansas St. When you can shoot 1-20 behind the arc and still win...you take it. Dawgs will be hosting their 4th WNIT game against Oregon on Sunday. At least the Pac 12 will get a team in the Final 4 in one post season tournament this year. :rolleyes:
How do they choose where this game was played? If it was Kansas St, it would have been in Eugene due to travel locations. Also a brief side note off topic: What do you know about a Sara Barhoum of Clackamas who just had an Oregon visit. I know she is a team mate of Jazzy Davidson

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
How do they choose where this game was played? If it was Kansas St, it would have been in Eugene due to travel locations. Also a brief side note off topic: What do you know about a Sara Barhoum of Clackamas who just had an Oregon visit. I know she is a team mate of Jazzy Davidson
Schools bid on hosting. The deeper in the tourney, the more substantial the bids are. When Arizona won and hosted all 6 games a few years back, a couple times the bid was very competitive, in one case Arizona got it by adding concession revenue to the guarantee.

Reaction Score
Good to see Oregon (playing against Washington) & Arkansas (playing against Kansas) are still playing in the month of March. I am enjoying watching/listening to the WNIT field. The WNIT committee were able to invite some really top-notch teams to the field. Harvard & Columbia will face off, again (4th time this season). Some really great basketball this weekend and into Monday.

Reaction Score
That’s a lot of WBB in Seattle Sunday. I guess with so many fans in town for the NCAA maybe the organizers are figuring “hey…bonus game…let’s check it out“. No time conflict. So maybe a draw.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Ive been able to catch some WNIT games and the 8 left standing are playing good. I will say that Florida and Oregon have been the most impressive thus far and for very much the same reason.

Florida has everyone healthy finally and with Correa and Merritt back the teams looks completely different. Same for Oregon getting Van Slooten back.
Florida has BG next which has looked good as well.
Harvard has been impressive but they will have to play Columbia, which beat Syracuse, for a 4th time. Harvard has some good players.

So we have:
Oregon vs Washington
Kansas vs Arkansas
Harvard vs Columbia
Bowling Green vs Florida.

Reaction Score
Ive been able to catch some WNIT games and the 8 left standing are playing good. I will say that Florida and Oregon have been the most impressive thus far and for very much the same reason.

Florida has everyone healthy finally and with Correa and Merritt back the teams looks completely different. Same for Oregon getting Van Slooten back.
Florida has BG next which has looked good as well.
Harvard has been impressive but they will have to play Columbia, which beat Syracuse, for a 4th time. Harvard has some good players.

So we have:
Oregon vs Washington
Kansas vs Arkansas
Harvard vs Columbia
Bowling Green vs Florida.
Oregon is playing well right now. Too bad they had that long lull in the season

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads