Women’s AP All-American Team | The Boneyard

Women’s AP All-American Team

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I think the 1st team is spot on.

I don't feel a lot of separation between the 2nd team and 3rd team. All are worthy of recognition but you could easily swap the labels and have it feel equally accurate.

Reaction Score
She just hasn't gotten better since her Sophomore year. Her and Fran Belibi have such high ceilings but seem to have gotten stuck on the third floor.
I really thought Fran was gonna be a beast ..

sun

Reaction Score
Lou & Nika are Honorable Mentions on the AP AA list.

HONORABLE MENTION (alphabetical order)
Georgia Amoore, Virginia Tech; Brea Beal, South Carolina; Grace Berger, Indiana; Leigha Brown, Michigan; Sonia Citron, Notre Dame; Makira Cook, Illinois; Monika Czinano, Iowa; Rori Harmon, Texas; McKenna Hofschild, Colorado State; Jordan Horston, Tennessee; Rickea Jackson, Tennessee; Ta'Niya Latson, Florida State; Charlisse Leger-Walker, Washington State; Lou Lopez Senechal, UConn; Nika Muhl, UConn; Charisma Osborne, UCLA; Celeste Taylor, Duke; Kaylynne Truong, Gonzaga; Hailey Van Lith, Louisville; Keishana Washington, Drexel; Madi Williams, Oklahoma

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
She just hasn't gotten better since her Sophomore year. Her and Fran Belibi have such high ceilings but seem to have gotten stuck on the third floor.
Agree, and furthermore. A big reason why Stanford's #1 seeding is a mistake. The four times I watched them play they were not fluid on offense. They may prove me wrong, so bring it on. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Tough competition on this list. 15 solidified candidates. Call me a homer if you want. Aliyah should be second team and Lou should be third team.
Because the Huskies were not a top four team in the polls for most of the season, the individual players didn't get the National notice. Hope that provides a lot of motivation during this NCAA run. It looks like only four Big East players made this list?

Reaction Score
I think this just sets the stage for next year when the Huskies will have at least four potential All American candidates. Paige, Azzi, Aaliyah, and Nika. Nika should also get a lot of attention for national defensive POY.
Isn't there a limit of 3 players any given team can nominate for AA?

Reaction Score
AE being on the third team is a crime. The WBCA better come through in the end and get her on the wall
Is the wall for those that have exceptional careers or just for popular players?

Reaction Score
The AP awards are voted on by the media and they can vote for whoever they want.

Must be some other flavor of AA team I was thinking of. Thanks for the info.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom