Wolf deserves his own thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Wolf deserves his own thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if EW's demeanor has prevented more playing time. The kid didn't seem to exert himself in the WF game. I'm not saying he didn't exert himself, he just doesn't look to be exerting himself. If he practices that way he didn't catch JC's eye for playing time. Probably not KO either. I'm hoping KO understands there are some people who play at 100% but don't look to be playing at 100%. Like everyone else I would like to see more minutes, but my impression of EW is he's a cerebral player and plays with an economy of motion. Of course his condition efforts this off season helped.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
KO had the quick hook for Nolan so he's not against using it. The problem with that steal was more on the other four UConn guys on the court with Wolf during that play. There was no movement by the players and all four of the players were on the baseline. Wolfe was at the top of the key with no one to pass to for a very long time.

That may be have been true about the other 4 dudes but olf was oblivious to the defender behind him and I don't think he had the ball high enough. I think it was at his ear.

Reaction Score
I disagree about the athletic part, he looked like a sloth the past couple of years but he's clearly put in a ton of work on conditioning and improving his body over the summer. The way he moves now compared to last year is like night and day.
When healthy, I've always thought Wolf looked plenty athletic for a kid his size. I wasn't sure how his BBIQ was but so far he seems solid. His biggest problem is to stay healthy so he can gain experience and PT to improve his conditioning.
I remember seeing a pretty athletic big man running the floor in his recruiting clips. Over the past two seasons he was never healthy. He had gained the wrong type of weight and was in poor shape. He looks much leaner now and considering he's coming off another concussion he's only going to get stronger and better. What impresses me most it is his footwork. Take a close look at it. Equally impressive is his hands, which has been a pleasant surprise.

arch

Reaction Score
I remember seeing a pretty athletic big man running the floor in his recruiting clips. Over the past two seasons he was never healthy. He had gained the wrong type of weight and was in poor shape. He looks much leaner now and considering he's coming off another concussion he's only going to get stronger and better. What impresses me most it is his footwork. Take a close look at it. Equally impressive is his hands, which has been a pleasant surprise.

I submit for your review that 2 others saw this coming: AO and his dad. That's right, they knew, they knew.

On the other hand, I'm guessing that we'll see Travisian-like EW threads after games against tough Big East rebounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom