WNIT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

WNIT

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Marquette Beats Purdue, 77-62. Behind Von Kleunan's 27 Points.
Host Toledo in Thursday's Sweet 16 Contest.

Megan Duffy's Warriors keep moving onwards in WNIT.

OMG, are UConn fans and ND fans rooting for the same team?:D

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Gosh, I wish:cool:;).
Just a fellow ND alum and fan who admired her as a player and watched her progress in the coaching ranks.
I know. Just kidding of course. You mention her a lot for good reason. I like her too. I thought her team deserved an NCAA bid ahead of DePaul but Marquette didn't have the likely NFOY.

Reaction Score
Taylor Soule 33 points 16 boards in Boston College 2nd round win

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I know. Just kidding of course. You mention her a lot for good reason. I like her too. I thought her team deserved an NCAA bid ahead of DePaul but Marquette didn't have the likely NFOY.
Marquette also didn't have a win over Kentucky. They played two meaningful nonconference games, against Georgia and Colorado, and got routed in both.

Marquette did show improvement in conference play, but not enough to make up for their OOC nothing sandwich, and they still finished 5th behind DePaul.

Anyway here's a nice article about Marquette being the last Wisconsin team still in postseason play. Van Kleunen had an amazing game vs. Purdue, with 27 points and 11 rebounds.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Boston College blew a 17-point lead and loses to Colombia 54-51. Court storming.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ivy League humbles another Power 5 opponent

Columbia trailed by 17 in this game but came storming back to take the lead in the final seconds to send Boston College back home with a loss.

Columbia will next face Seton Hall, who won a tough game against Drexel.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Marquette also didn't have a win over Kentucky. They played two meaningful nonconference games, against Georgia and Colorado, and got routed in both.

Marquette did show improvement in conference play, but not enough to make up for their OOC nothing sandwich, and they still finished 5th behind DePaul.

Anyway here's a nice article about Marquette being the last Wisconsin team still in postseason play. Van Kleunen had an amazing game vs. Purdue, with 27 points and 11 rebounds.

I guess my point is that Marquette was the better team at the end of the season as evidenced by the NET quarterfinal game. Maybe Marquette didn’t belong, but neither did DePaul. I think we know there was a Morrow effect.

Plebe

Reaction Score
lol@ the event security participating in the storming.
If you saw the broadcast on ESPN3, you could see that some of the security guys formed a partial human chain to prevent folks in the near stands from storming the court. In the meantime, fans from the far side just flooded the court anyway LOL.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
We forget when we say ... only one team ends the year with a win - there are two tournaments and a chance for the also ran programs to have a shot at a crown.

Columbia sports have been pretty dreadful and WCBB hasn't made any noise in a long while - third winning season since 1987 - and they pushed Princeton hard in the Ivy this year.

Plebe

Reaction Score
We forget when we say ... only one team ends the year with a win - there are two tournaments and a chance for the also ran programs to have a shot at a crown.

Columbia sports have been pretty dreadful and WCBB hasn't made any noise in a long while - third winning season since 1987 - and they pushed Princeton hard in the Ivy this year.
This young coach of Columbia has a very bright future. We might as well learn her name now. It's Megan Griffith.

Reaction Score
That last trap by Patrick and Davis on Swartz won it. BC had a one pt lead with :12 on the clock and the ball and bam! Possesion lost. Game over. Swartz heck of a year. Her weak point is ball handling against a good defender. Patrick is a monster and Kaitlyn Davis timed the trap perfectly. Then they teamed up to execute the winning basket on the other end.
Columbia executed perfectly in the final seconds and grabbed the win.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Boston College blew a 17-point lead and loses to Colombia 54-51. Court storming.
Vintage BC. They did the same with NC this year and NC St. Had huge 2nd half leads. BC looked beaten after halftime. Looked like they were hoping to cruise through until they found out it’s not going down that way. Give BC credit for playing the tourney. They were the first the team out in NCAAT. Some teams would have not even played. BC couldn’t match up with Kaitlyn Davis and Jaida Patrick and that includes Taylor Soule. They had some big collisions that didn’t go Soules way
BC missed the scoring of Makayla Dickens who entered the portal

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Curtains for Marquette as well. They lose a high-scoring, back-and-forth shootout with Toledo.

The Rockets end the game on a 15-4 run to steal the win.

Toledo advances to face Middle Tennessee in the quarterfinals.

Reaction Score
Marquette goes down against Toledo. Marquette was winning going into the 4th, but got lit up in the 4th quarter 22-8. Final 92-82 Toledo.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
UCLA vs Wyoming was quite a game. It was close all the way and went to 3OT.

UCLA tied it at 62-62 with 1.9 seconds left in the first overtime. Wyoming had a turnover on the subsequent inbound, sending the game to double overtime.

UCLA tied the second overtime when Osborne was fouled attempting a 3 pointer and made all 3 free throws.

Final was UCLA 82, Wyoming 81 in 3OT. Quite a game!

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
New Mexico was torching Oregon St. at the half (44 pts, 9-19 behind the arc), but cooled off in the 2nd half. OSU won 78-73. Mack and von Oelhoffen did most of the scoring.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Sorry y'all, I couldn't follow the later games of the WNIT because I was too busy watching my Cougs destroy Arizona in the men's S16 :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom