WNIT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

WNIT

Reaction Score
Arky will be scary next year with Dungee and Ramirez. I know Ramirez didn’t put up huge numbers at TCU, but I think she is someone that can put up a lot of points, and players tend to do that under Neighbors.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Arizona overcame an off night from McDonald, Reese led the way. Beat Idaho St. 66-56. Lots of action out west. Denver beat New Mexico and Wyoming took out Northern Colorado. Idaho was up big on LMU at the half but the Lions are chipping away at the lead in the 2nd half. Running out of time though.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Good effort by Houston. Game was tied with 0:19 in regulation, and Houston had the ball. Not sure why Houston settled for a 3. Drive to the hoop and make a layup or get a foul called. They got massacred in OT. Still great effort - was Arkansas the overall 1 seed? Great representation from the AAC over a team that was one of the last 4 out of the NCAA's.
The WNIT doesn't do seeding. They group teams into "tiers" to achieve a semblance of balance, but they don't disclose which teams are in which tiers. Safe to say Arkansas would have been in the upper tier, though.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Arky will be scary next year with Dungee and Ramirez. I know Ramirez didn’t put up huge numbers at TCU, but I think she is someone that can put up a lot of points, and players tend to do that under Neighbors.

Plum's Sr. year he had a pair of Fr. in McDonald and Melgoza. Aari was a starter most of the season, showed some flashes, averaged around 9 ppg. Amber barely played, averaged about 2 ppg. Who knew in addition to Plum he had 2 other players that would end up being capable of going out and getting 30 any given game?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Arizona overcame an off night from McDonald, Reese led the way. Beat Idaho St. 66-56. Lots of action out west. Denver beat New Mexico and Wyoming took out Northern Colorado. Idaho was up big on LMU at the half but the Lions are chipping away at the lead in the 2nd half. Running out of time though.
Was at the Arizona game. My wife's first sporting event in well over a year, as she is (now) slowly recovering from her December liver transplant.

- Like Reese's game, but she needs to work on her footwork, and, as I said much earlier in the year, continue to concentrate on going up strong. Did sometimes, even mostly, but a few times, meh.
- It was one of the most physical games I have ever seen. Tackles, bodies flying around, etc. Lots of fouls, mostly on Idaho State, but, as is normal in the PAC, the actual fouls called were mostly ticky-tack. First rate refs, Price, Schofield and Bacon (Schofield lives in Tucson). Price had to pick up some pom-pom droppings from the cheerleaders at the open, and gave them to my wife to dispose of, exchanging pleasantries. Her 2nd ref interaction, 2 years ago she got a high five from In'fine Robinson.
- It was a rematch of our opening game of the season, FWIW.
- You said something earlier in the year (I think) about Alonso. Thank goodness for her tonight, part of the problem was we were (at times) a bit out of control, especially McDonald, and Alonso reeled things back in. Also hit a couple of 3's.

Reaction Score
The WNIT doesn't do seeding. They group teams into "tiers" to achieve a semblance of balance, but they don't disclose which teams are in which tiers. Safe to say Arkansas would have been in the upper tier, though.
Arkansas would've caused trouble for any team in the NCAA field the way they're hot now.

Reaction Score

Arkansas needs a legitimate "BIG" to stiffen up their defense.

McCowan and Brown won't be there so they have a great chance to go far next year.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
You said something earlier in the year (I think) about Alonso.

I can't remember what I said a week or two ago. No idea what I might've said early in the season.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
USF Bulls buried Stetson 84 - 50. Good for the AAC.

The young players are gaining valuble experience. Elisa Pinzan, freshman, led the team with 23. Enna Pehadzic, sophomore, had 19, and Sydni Harvey, freshman, had 18. USF is going to be a far better team next season.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Arkansas would've caused trouble for any team in the NCAA field the way they're hot now.
Oh yeah, beating Houston in overtime proves they're hotter than ever.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, beating Houston in overtime proves they're hotter than ever.

Does that mean Houston "could" have been in the talk about the "First Four In?"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom