WNIT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WNIT

Reaction Score
Trying to find the link for some (If not all) of these WNIT games.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Honestly, that's ridiculous and sour grapes. "We didn't get an invite to the big dance, we thought we deserved one, so we are taking our princess tiaras and heading home".

I'm sure the players follow along with the energy/attitude of the coaches. If the coaches go to the players and say "We got dissed, and NOW they want to give us a bid to the NIT. How disrespectful. By the way do any of you feel like playing in the lowly WNIT?" What do you think the players will say?

I blame the coaches for being poor leaders and poor sports and poor ambassadors for the game.

I could picture Geno, and many other top level coaches, saying "Maybe you feel we should have gotten in, but we lost games we needed to win to make it so that they HAD to give us a ticket to the NCAA's. So put on your big girl pants and let's go and rock the WNIT"...

Best way to prove you belonged in the NCAA is to win the NIT (or at least make the final game). Of course maybe those coaches are worried that they will take a beating in that tourney too and then everyone will know they were rightfully omitted.

Reaction Score
Oops. Never mind. So far the WNIT just shares links to the games but no actual video link. Tried watching the Ohio St/Morehead State game and looks like a monthly subscription is on the line. But if you go to the stats link, you can listen to the game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Best way to prove you belonged in the NCAA is to win the NIT (or at least make the final game). Of course maybe those coaches are worried that they will take a beating in that tourney too and then everyone will know they were rightfully omitted.

Exactly. If my team didn't make it to the Big Show and we are a 18-12 team, I would definitely be okay with going to the WNIT, or the CBI, and looking to make some noise for the future of the program. Plus it gives the players more chances to play before the summer.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Plus it gives the players more chances to play before the summer.

Exactly. Especially if it's a youngish team, it's more practice time. What is the downside of that?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Pepperdine vs California Baptist. I had no idea California Baptist was a school... and they are in the WAC. :eek: The travel costs for those WAC schools must be insane.

Reaction Score
That's what's up!!! Thank you California Baptist and Pepperdine...Video and audio!!

Reaction Score
Pepperdine vs California Baptist. I had no idea California Baptist was a school... and they are in the WAC. :eek: The travel costs for those WAC schools must be insane.

The WAC pulled up all these schools from D2 and independents to survive.
Other than poor New Mexico St, not sure any of them were D1 twenty years ago. And now Dixie St (Utah) is moving up as well.

There's a concentration of schools in the southwest, but yes Chicago St, UMKC, and Seattle are a ways away.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The WAC pulled up all these schools from D2 and independents to survive.
Other than poor New Mexico St, not sure any of them were D1 twenty years ago. And now Dixie St (Utah) is moving up as well.

There's a concentration of schools in the southwest, but yes Chicago St, UMKC, and Seattle are a ways away.

I miss the old WAC :(

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

Tru dat. At least Hawaii moved to the Big West so they don't have to deal with that long flight, but their geographic footprint covers about half the country.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I miss the old WAC :(

How far back ya going? The WAC basically became the Mountain West, but then several of those teams bailed (Utah, BYU, UTEP...?). Arizona and Arizona St. were WAC once upon a time but that was when I was too young to be paying attention. I miss a lot of things the way they used to be. Ain't no going back.

Reaction Score
Tru dat. At least Hawaii moved to the Big West so they don't have to deal with that long flight, but their geographic footprint covers about half the country.

1553127750491.png

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oops, more like 2/3 of the country. Thanks for the map. I was having a hard time visualizing in my mind exactly what that would look like. Truly a ridiculous setup. If you could throw out 4 outliers it would be about typical for a Western conference.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How far back ya going? The WAC basically became the Mountain West, but then several of those teams bailed (Utah, BYU, UTEP...?). Arizona and Arizona St. were WAC once upon a time but that was when I was too young to be paying attention. I miss a lot of things the way they used to be. Ain't no going back.

Pre- MWC

Reaction Score
Ohio St lost to Morehead St 71-61, so the band-aid season in Columbus is over. 6 players (most transfers in) graduate, leaving 1 jr, 1 so, 3 fr + 4 recruits. Wouldnt be surprised if they try for more grad transfers.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Two wins by WCC teams, both on the road: Pepperdine over Cal Baptist and Pacific over Fresno State.

The WCC was the second-best mid-major this year, after the MAC.

Pacific might get Arizona next if Arizona can get past Idaho St.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Two wins by WCC teams, both on the road: Pepperdine over Cal Baptist and Pacific over Fresno State.

The WCC was the second-best mid-major this year, after the MAC.

Pacific might get Arizona next if Arizona can get past Idaho St.

Is AAC a mid major in your opinion? The Big East?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
In an old Southwestern Conference throwback game, Houston has acquitted itself well against Arkansas. They’re headed to overtime.

This is Houston’s 7th (!!) overtime game of the season.

Reaction Score
In an old Southwestern Conference throwback game, Houston has acquitted itself well against Arkansas. They’re headed to overtime.

This is Houston’s 7th (!!) overtime game of the season.
That Chelsea Dungee is something else! Up to 32 points.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My HPU Panthers gave it a valiant effort..... they were leading Ohio after 3 quarters.... but alas it wasnt meant to be as they were outscored 23-13 in the 4th quarter to lose by the final score of 81-74 :( A fine season ends for the purple panthers at 22-9.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good effort by Houston. Game was tied with 0:19 in regulation, and Houston had the ball. Not sure why Houston settled for a 3. Drive to the hoop and make a layup or get a foul called. They got massacred in OT. Still great effort - was Arkansas the overall 1 seed? Great representation from the AAC over a team that was one of the last 4 out of the NCAA's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom