WNBA Thread - Post Olympics | Page 25 | The Boneyard

WNBA Thread - Post Olympics

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I missed the push in the back. The swipe at the ball is what I thought drew the foul, and I didn't see much contact there.
It does not have to be much of a foul, just a foul. They don't call them based on the degree of the foul.:rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It does not have to be much of a foul, just a foul. They don't call them based on the degree of the foul.:rolleyes:
True there is no degree of foul. But it is HIGHLY variable what will or won't draw a whistle from a ref at any given time, as anyone who has watched any basketball knows. I have seen a lot more contact than this not get called a foul a countless number of times.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
True there is no degree of foul. But it is HIGHLY variable what will or won't draw a whistle from a ref at any given time, as anyone who has watched any basketball knows. I have seen a lot more contact than this not get called a foul a countless number of times.
If this call was so borderline, why did NO ONE on the Liberty even so much as look funny at the ref making the call? Especially on such a critical play? Just because Turner wasn't tackled or shoved into the first row doesn't mean it wasn't an obvios foul.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Tweets out there by Holly and Ryan Ruocco about today may be the last time we see Sue and DT on the court together. A hint of retirement by one or both? I have Sue playing one more season. I don’t think DT is done.

Reaction Score
Tweets out there by Holly and Ryan Ruocco about today may be the last time we see Sue and DT on the court together. A hint of retirement by one or both? I have Sue playing one more season. I don’t think DT is done.
You never know. I can see them both retiring after this season, I can see them both playing another season. Neither of their teams are going to get better talent if they stay, they take up some cap space. This isnt the NBA where sometimes the Dirk's or Duncan's take a pay cut to get more talent. I would never expect a WNBA player to take a pay cut for that. But they are getting old. I think Bird could do another year, although I think Las vegas will abuse her if they meet again. Taurasi doesnt look that great.

Phoenix vs Seaatle is good so far.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Absolutely stupid finish to Q1 by the Storm. Canada lobbed a pass into traffic that had no chance of connecting, Phoenix gets a run out and layup right at the buzzer. Instead of down 5 or even 3, they are down 7.

Burke barely played all year and today was first off the bench and played 5 minutes in the quarter. That's an interesting choice by coach.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
W/ Stewie out, Seattle can't afford quiet games from Loyd and Bird, but that's exactly what's happening. Russell can't do it all by herself, but nobody else is stepping up.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
W/ Stewie out, Seattle can't afford quiet games from Loyd and Bird, but that's exactly what's happening. Russell can't do it all by herself, but nobody else is stepping up.
Lloyd now cooking Lou also giving them solid minutes.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Storm looked dead in the water, but Phoenix has been kind enough to let them back in the game.

32-29 late in Q2, both teams shooting under 40%. This is kind of a stinker.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Storm looked dead in the water, but Phoenix has been kind enough to let them back in the game.

32-29 late in Q2, both teams shooting under 40%. This is kind of a stinker.
They should never let SDS rest on the bench. Cunningham does not have the mystical touch today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Lloyd now cooking
She's 3-9. She's been forcing shots, a couple finally dropped.

Sue is M.I.A. 0-1, 1 assist in 13 minutes.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Bird splashes a 3 and Seattle takes the lead (13-0 run).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
That would have been cool if Lou beat the buzzer on the made 3.

Lou solid on boards and good smart non fouling defense.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
15-0 run to end the half.

Turner is a really good defender, but she's having a hard time w/ Seattle's smaller lineups. KLS and Talbot have both been able to drive on her.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Griner was rolling earlier, but kinda went quiet. Russell has exactly matched her 10 pts and 6 reb in the first half.

Reaction Score
Storm 41 - 39. Kia put a three and KLS added another three right away.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
SDS is taking over for Phoenix.

Loyd is hurting Seattle. 4-14 shooting, she just had a TERRIBLE turnover on an inbound pass. She's trying too hard, taking bad shots that aren't in the flow of the offense.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Commentators are really pushing this "could be the last game for Bird and Taurasi" thing. Getting annoying.

edit--maybe it will be, but it's purely speculation on their part, and it's a distraction from just letting the game unfold

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Good action in Q4, back and forth we go. Bird stepping up this quarter.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Loyd 4-16. Other players are getting buckets. She's killing the Storm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom