WNBA Thread - Post Olympics | Page 19 | The Boneyard

WNBA Thread - Post Olympics

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I just saw the end of the Sun game. I was shocked to see Alyssa (wasn't following the BY for a few hours :oops: ). I'd been thinking that if an Achilles injury takes a year to rehab, she might's well get a shoulder fixed, too. But she'd never come back in 9 months if she'd done both, so my bad.

She looked good. I can understand some concern about disrupting a winning formula, but, geez, she does everything. I think she'll embrace the role of coming off the bench and injecting energy. Plus I'm a fan of having two completely different players at the same position -- I would have fits trying to defend Brionna Jones followed by Alyssa Thomas at the 4.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I just saw the end of the Sun game. I was shocked to see Alyssa (wasn't following the BY for a few hours :oops: ). I'd been thinking that if an Achilles injury takes a year to rehab, she might's well get a shoulder fixed, too. But she'd never come back in 9 months if she'd done both, so my bad.

She looked good. I can understand some concern about disrupting a winning formula, but, geez, she does everything. I think she'll embrace the role of coming off the bench and injecting energy. Plus I'm a fan of having two completely different players at the same position -- I would have fits trying to defend Brionna Jones followed by Alyssa Thomas at the 4.
I was at the Sun game last night and the enthusiasm from the crowd was electric when AT took the floor. I was one of a few to question about what the Sun would do next year when AT came back. Well, its answered, and she looked great for someone who hasn't played all year. When she went in, Bri Jones came out, worked good IMHO.

Tidbits from the game:
-AT playing
-DJ Carrington going wild, scoring, rebounding, steals, the kind of player we saw LY when playing Baylor.
-At halftime, on the big board it showed Natasha Heidemen on her knee asking Jasmine Thomas to marry her.
-Trailing at halftime, completely obliviated Liberty in the second half. Sebrina looked terrible
-13 game winning streak, one final game Sunday vs Atlanta.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I was at the Sun game last night and the enthusiasm from the crowd was electric when AT took the floor. I was one of a few to question about what the Sun would do next year when AT came back. Well, its answered, and she looked great for someone who hasn't played all year. When she went in, Bri Jones came out, worked good IMHO.

Tidbits from the game:
-AT playing
-DJ Carrington going wild, scoring, rebounding, steals, the kind of player we saw LY when playing Baylor.
-At halftime, on the big board it showed Natasha Heidemen on her knee asking Jasmine Thomas to marry her.
-Trailing at halftime, completely obliviated Liberty in the second half. Sebrina looked terrible
-13 game winning streak, one final game Sunday vs Atlanta.
Mind numbing that 2 of your best players Ionescu and Howard had 9 TO's each. Maybe some stickum. :oops::oops:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Mind numbing that 2 of your best players Ionescu and Howard had 9 TO's each. Maybe some stickum. :oops::oops:
I saw the last quarter, and at one point three Liberty possessions in a row ended with Sabrina throwing the ball away. She was visibly angry. I think if you throw one ball away, it may be the teammate's fault, but three in a row, it's probably your own problem.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tiffany Hayes with a monster game. :cool:
Tiffany trying to put Atlanta on her back but no help at all from anyone else. 13 of 23 first half points. But trailing LA 32-23.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I am guessing from HS, Club and College days Sabrina has never been on a team that has had a big losing record. Different players, when going from a highly successful career, team wise, go to a losing team, handle the game and the pressure of the game differently. Sometimes they press more, or they try to do too much, and sometime the mental wear and tear affects the game. Wish her the best, because when she is "on" she is fun to watch.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
TOs is a team wide problem. Laney has been up in the 8-9 TO range several times this season. Whole team just throws the ball to nowhere in particular way too often.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
LA nudged Atlanta to keep their playoff hopes alive. Another big game for Hayes.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Anyone care to go through the scenario's for the final playoff spot?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Anyone care to go through the scenario's for the final playoff spot?
Washington and New York play tomorrow. It should be a lot simpler after that game to figure out who needs to do what to get the final spot.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Can the Lib avoid another late game collapse? Up 9 w/ under 2 minutes to go.

Really, NOBODY wants the #8 seed.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
NY beat Washington. I think 3 teams are still in play for that last playoff spot.

edit--24 pts/10 reb for Howard and 22 pts/9 assists for Ionescu

Lib kept their TOs to 13, a very low number for them, nobody w/ more than 4

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Kelsey Plum picking up where she left off last game. 18 points at halftime, 6-8 from the floor. Aces up BIG--61-39. Cambage was maybe supposed to play today but looks like she hasn't so far. Looks like everybody is red hot for LV, except for Wilson, who of course has the most FGA.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Howard and Sabrina were very big down the stretch. Only get in if Mystics beat Lynx and Sparks beat Dallas on Sunday. I trust the Lynx to play hard but I think Dallas who is already in may not be up to a desperate Sparks team.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Kelsey Plum picking up where she left off last game. 18 points at halftime, 6-8 from the floor. Aces up BIG--61-39. Cambage was maybe supposed to play today but looks like she hasn't so far. Looks like everybody is red hot for LV, except for Wilson, who of course has the most FGA.
Stokes with 6 rebounds and 6 assists . :eek:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Darn it, Plum went cold during the break. Williams and Hamby did most of the scoring in Q3. Young having another solid game. Aces up by 32 midway thru Q4.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Most of the way thru the game, Stokes and Wilson are tied for a team high 7 assists.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
103-70 final. Williams 22, Plum 20, Hamby 17, Young 16, Wilson 14, Gray 10. Stokes and Wilson both in double figures in rebounding.

Parker had 20 and Copper 18, not much else from the rest of the Sky. Sloot seems to have hit a wall lately, her assists numbers are way down over something like a 5 or 6 game stretch (around 6 per game instead of her usual 9).

edit--I think Aces secured #2 seed

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Loyd is feeling better today. 12 pts. in 3 minutes to start the game. There's been some ND on ND and UConn on UConn violence so far (Loyd/SDS; KLS/Nurse).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Showed Stewie on the bench, looks like her hair is black now.

Storm started Russell and Magbegor, so absolutely no bench help in the post today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Canada is back for Seattle. Storm couldn't ask for a better start offensively, but Phoenix is right there hanging around. Doubt Seattle is gonna keep hitting 70% overall and behind the arc.

Russell is actually going toe to toe w/ Griner (outscoring her 10-8 so far), but they can't keep Britney off the glass.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Peddy w/ a braindead foul on a 3 w/ 0.2 left before the half. Would've been a desperation heave from about 35 feet.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
61-47 at the half. Loyd cooled off, but still has 28 at the mid point.

Griner nearly a double double 14/8 (and a dunk).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom