WNBA Final Sun vs Mystic, who you got? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

WNBA Final Sun vs Mystic, who you got?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Yes, of course the longer you play the greater the chance of injures. Taurasi played 8 games in 2012, her 9th season in the league. EDD has now been in the league 7 years, only significant time she's missed was in her 2nd season when she played in 16 games. She's never played all 34 games in a season, but only once has missed a large portion of the season.

W/ Tina Charles, Big Syl and Chiney all doing something similar, that seems like a non-issue to me.

Forcing a trade to a specific team or refusing to play is just a bad look in general. I get that players have their individual preferences and needs, but when it leaves their original team (and teammates/coaching staff) it comes off as a really selfish move IMO. Just because other players have done this doesn't make it a non-issue in my book.

And Taurasi and Bird have played year round for most of their career. I dont think either missed any time until they were 30+. This is the 4th time in 7 seasons that EDD has had an injury in the playoffs or right before the playoffs. Probably just a string of bad luck but it's far more than any other star player I can think of in any sport.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Forcing a trade to a specific team or refusing to play is just a bad look in general. I get that players have their individual preferences and needs, but when it leaves their original team (and teammates/coaching staff) it comes off as a really selfish move IMO. Just because other players have done this doesn't make it a non-issue in my book.

Okay, maybe not non-issue. But since several other players have done it there's no reason to single out EDD for it.

Reaction Score
I just can't get past EDD's game. I want that jump shot. I want those counter moves. I want to be 6'5". Did I mention I want to shoot like that? I can't even remember anything that happened off the court. Did we talk about the jump shot yet? I want that jump shot.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Okay, maybe not non-issue. But since several other players have done it there's no reason to single out EDD for it.

I'm not--it's being used as one example in many instances to show how basketball hasnt always appeared to be a top priority for her.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I guess. I have no idea where the Apple sauce reference came from, although I do like it.
Carnac always called someone "fill-in-the-blank breath" (for a laugh) every time he did the bit, it seemed.
And when you came along picking against the home team but getting the day wrong I saw a chance to turn the tables. Applesauce just popped into my head and I went with it cause it seemed a bit funny without being too mean.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Carnac always called someone "fill-in-the-blank breath" (for a laugh) every time he did the bit, it seemed.
And when you came along picking against the home team but getting the day wrong I saw a chance to turn the tables. Applesauce just popped into my head and I went with it cause it seemed a bit funny without being too mean.

I either wasnt born or was too young to watch the Tonight Show for most of its run..... but the Carnac segments were my favorites when I was old enough to watch.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Now that you mentioned it, I remember that. He aimed all of those arrows at his straight man, Ed McMahon. Good one. :p

Carnac

Reaction Score
I either wasnt born or was too young to watch the Tonight Show for most of its run..... but the Carnac segments were my favorites when I was old enough to watch.

Johnny Carson’s final tonight show was May 22, 1992. He had no guests that night.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ironically, EDD was definitely moving better this game and could do more inside actions. I expect a monster game from her on Thursday.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Carson had a number of characters he portrayed. They were all part of the “Mighty Carson Art Players.” Carnac the magnificent was among that group.

Reaction Score
Johnny Carson’s final tonight show was May 22, 1992. He had no guests that night.

Carnac- - -Robin Williams was a guest but Bette Midler was Johnny's last guest on his last show, she sang ONE FOR MY BABY AND ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD

Reaction Score
On Thursday night the ? is which team will show up, the Sun of game 4 or the Mystics of game 3?
Each team has been good and they both have been off their feed!
Delle Donne was friskier tonight and was playing more like her normal self but the Sun played her a lot smarter this game than last game!
I really like both teams so I'll be both happy and sad at the end of game 5.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Carnac- - -Robin Williams was a guest but Bette Midler was Johnny's last guest on his last show, she sang ONE FOR MY BABY AND ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD

I believe that Bette Midler was the last guest, but that was on the penultimate show along with Robin Williams. On the final show, Johnny sat on a stool alone.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ironically, EDD was definitely moving better this game and could do more inside actions. I expect a monster game from her on Thursday.
She should be well rested. She took the 4th quarter off last night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom