WNBA Final Sun vs Mystic, who you got? | The Boneyard

WNBA Final Sun vs Mystic, who you got?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Is this EDD’s year to hoist up the trophy?

It would be nice for the Sun to win it all, I think the Mystic will win it due to home court advantage

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Mystics in 3. It’s their year. :cool:

I'll be back when the series is finished to either eat crow if I'm wrong, or take my "victory" lap. :cool:

Post edit: I'm back. I was wrong. The Mystics won’t sweep, but they’re not out of it yet. Playing the next two games in Connecticut makes winning the chip a little tougher, especially if EDD is not able to play.

An MRI revealed that she has a herniated disc. I've eaten my bowl of crow. I can still come out of this smelling like a rose if Washington can take care of business. This is now a best of 3 series. I think whoever wins game 3, wins the championship.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I got the mystics. Rooting hard for a couple of Philly area products EDD and Natasha Cloud.

Reaction Score
Curt Miller told his team to "make them feel us." The Sun will wear them down and they will look like LA did at the end, like the walking wounded. Games 2, 3, and 4 will go to the Sun. And the Mystics will be happy when the series is over. I wish I could be there for game 4. That will be exciting. Rah, rah!

Reaction Score
Curt Miller told his team to "make them feel us." The Sun will wear them down and they will look like LA did at the end, like the walking wounded. Games 2, 3, and 4 will go to the Sun. And the Mystics will be happy when the series is over. I wish I could be there for game 4. That will be exciting. Rah, rah!

you might be right!:eek:

Carnac

Reaction Score
That prediction didn't live too long.

No it didn't. I just finished my bowl of crow. My prediction didn't anticipate EDD going down in the 1st quarter and not returning. But.....................injuries are a part of the game. Congratulations to the Sun. They took advantage of EDD's absence and did what they had to do, which is win one in Washington.

The Sun can close this thing out at home. EDD's status will play a large part in the remainder of the series.
When she's not in the game, Jonquel Jones runs amok like she did tonight with 32/18. I expect Jones to be even more aggressive at home feeding off of the energy from the home crowd, knowing the championship is at hand, and they can win it in front of their fans. I think whoever wins game 3 wins the championship.

Delle Donne will undergo an MRI on Wednesday

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hate to see a game or series decided by an injury or illness!
Both teams should be healthy throughout, then let the chips fall where they may!
I've been a Sun fan from the very beginning but I've said all season that Washington was the best team in the WNBA this season! My 2 favorite teams in the League.
Luckily for the Mystics the next game is not until next Sunday in CT, unless EDD needs surgery she'll have enough time to heal!
If CT plays their normal game they are the most spectacular team in the league, check the Sparks losing in 3, but Washington is the steadiest!
There is a chance that even if EDD returns she won't be 100% so this could be very interesting!
Will EDD become "Willis Reed" vs the Lakers?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Mystics have but an outside chance of beating the Sun if Delle Donne returns, but it's slight. The long break of the next few days may help them a bit, but they are so sore today that they are not looking forward to the next game. The Sun take the next two and win the championship. They Mystics are already defeated, totally quiet in the huddle toward the end of this last game. The Sun can be physical and fast. It tires their opponents and gives them, the tougher team, a great advantage in a series.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I have great seats for Sunday. Much happier with the series being 1-1. EDD taps out in the big spot? I'm shocked! Not!

Lucky you, enjoy the game. :)

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
The Mystics have but an outside chance of beating the Sun if Delle Donne returns, but it's slight. The long break of the next few days may help them a bit, but they are so sore today that they are not looking forward to the next game. The Sun take the next two and win the championship. They Mystics are already defeated, totally quiet in the huddle toward the end of this last game. The Sun can be physical and fast. It tires their opponents and gives them, the tougher team, a great advantage in a series.

The path to the championship became steeper for the Mystics with that loss. Had they won, they could have played the next two games with house money, knowing they had an ace up their sleeve with a 5th and deciding game back in Washington.

At this point, EDD’s health and availability is the key to the remainder of the series. She’s the only one that can halfway keep Jonquel Jones in check. EDD goes out, Jones goes off and has a career night. In a post game interview, she told Holly that she was going to turn it up a bit come Sunday because the team needs her energy and involvement. I don’t think the Mystics can withstand another 32/18 game from her and win.

Post edit: EDD had an MRI today that revealed she has a herniated disc.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Mystics have but an outside chance of beating the Sun if Delle Donne returns, but it's slight. The long break of the next few days may help them a bit, but they are so sore today that they are not looking forward to the next game.
The Sun has next to no bench so the long break has to help them. Still, I think the Mystics have more than an outside chance.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score

The Sun's very own Tony C!
I wish I could be that confident. I literally have butterflies right now over game 3 and it'll only get worse as the week goes on.

1570033391001.png
*SIGH*

Reaction Score
I've had back spasms and they're awful. Even with traction, muscle relaxer and pain killer I had limited range of motion for quite some time. Most intense pain I've ever had to endure, even more so than rotator cuff surgery and subsequent rehab.

My heart goes out to EDD and I hope she's able to come back for Game 3.

I still want the Sun to win it all though. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom