WNBA Fantasy Basketball | The Boneyard

WNBA Fantasy Basketball

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
So, for the first time, there will be a fantasy basketball game offered by ESPN for this WNBA season.

Anyone other than me interested in a Boneyard league? And, if there was another post about this that I couldn't find, feel free to tag me in it!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Awesome!! Would we prefer a live draft? Or just have it set to autopick?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I've set up an eight team league to get us started with a autopick draft set up for Sunday, May 1. Happy to change that to a live draft if that's what the majority of those who join want -- first game is Friday, May 6. I can decrease the number of teams to four or increase it up to ten, and happy to do all of that as we see fit.

I'm super pumped that there is, at the very least, a little interest.

Reaction Score
I've set up an eight team league to get us started with a autopick draft set up for Sunday, May 1. Happy to change that to a live draft if that's what the majority of those who join want -- first game is Friday, May 6. I can decrease the number of teams to four or increase it up to ten, and happy to do all of that as we see fit.

I'm super pumped that there is, at the very least, a little interest.

I understand it’s probably difficult to arrange a live draft, but does an auto draft select players for you? Takes the strategy out of it, if that’s the case.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I understand it’s probably difficult to arrange a live draft, but does an auto draft select players for you? Takes the strategy out of it, if that’s the case.
If it’s like fantasy football, it’s just a different kind of strategy. You can prioritize players and when it gets to the end of the list you’ve prioritized (because, likely, others have, too), then it just goes to next best available.

There is still the strategy of trading, picking up players out of FA, paying attention to injuries and matchups, etc.

I’m happy to do some more research tomorrow!

Reaction Score
I will join if you need more players or even take over if someone drops out mid-season, if required.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
We're at six!

I read some more about the autodraft, and I think that'll be the way we go. If people are really into it this season and we want to do a live draft next year, I'm all for it.

After you join, if you click "My Team" at the top and then edit draft strategy...
1649853567234.png

From that screen, you'll be able to change the rankings of players you want to prioritize and exclude any players you don't want on your team. Make sure to hit save when you're done!

When you're happy with that you can choose autopick strategy...
1649853621424.png

And from there you can decide how many players you want to carry on your roster in each position and, if you want to be really specific, which position you want to prioritize in each round of the draft.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Was just going to suggest this - great idea, and thanks for organizing! The Farm Team reporting for duty!

I'm game for as many folks as we can find who are interested, and also in doing a live drift if there's critical mass. I've done fantasy drafts where we draft live and those who can't join for all or some of it have an autopick in place.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
We've made it to eight and I've upped the number of teams to ESPN's max of 10!

I'm so excited!

When we're officially all in, I'll start a poll about people's draft preferences. I'm fine with live if that's what the majority wants!

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The league is full. I guess you snooze, you lose!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I snoozed!

If someone else starts one up and needs a team hit me up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom