WNBA Draft Tonight 04/13/ at 7PM ESPN2 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft Tonight 04/13/ at 7PM ESPN2

Reaction Score
Doesn't matter who declares early, Wilson WILL be the number 1 player in the draft. WNBA teams don't draft based on who the media talks about more, they draft based on talent and need. It will be interesting to see who is at the bottom of the barrel at the end of the season.
In my opinion Kelsey Plum was chosen because of how much she was in media and all of the buzz she created throughout the season more so than her talent. She is talented as heck, don't get me wrong, but San Antonio did not need her based on what they already have unless they wanted to trade for what's needed. Players that have scored many, many points at non perennial power schools i.e. Jackie Stiles, Andrea Riley, Alysha Clark, Jerica Coley, etc. had the ball in their hands a lot and were free to make any decisions they wanted. The talent in the WNBA is the best talent in all of women's basketball. You don't get to do that in W and sometimes those scorers fold and careers fade out very shortly. As you can see in the media lately Plum's agent is not wanting her to be change positions. Stating things along the lines of "why draft the #1 pick and have her out of position." To me it just wasn't a good pick because there's no way she'll be unseating Moriah at the PG position because Mo is just flat out better. Unless Mo is at PG, Plum is at 2, and McBride at 3, which by the way her agent disagrees that you can play all three at the same time. Well just have to wait & see. As far as A'ja goes, you could be right because there are not a lot of bigs with the athleticism, mobility, finishing ability like her in the league. She's so big and strong and kind of reminds me of Tina Charles...BUT, Azura Stephens is a real "Ferrari in the garage," with REAL inside/outside ability. She has had a year of tuneups and polishing under auto mechanic Geno Auriemma and hasn't been driven in over a year. All I will say to you is WATCH OUT FOR Z!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom