WNBA Draft Tonight 04/13/ at 7PM ESPN2 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft Tonight 04/13/ at 7PM ESPN2

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I wonder if Karlie will get invited to a camp. She could try for Europe. Or she could move into coaching. Does Stanford have grad assistants?
I think she will try for an invite to a WNBA camp. If she doesnt make it there I am guessing Europe or Australia. Coaching down the road, I am sure is in the works for her. #GoKarl!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I agree 33 for Epps is a bit low but her outside shot and speed are questionable.

Reaction Score
1) Why was Makayla Epps drafted SO late?
2) I also thought Kaela Davis could've been higher because of upside. Though I understand why she was drafted low because she didn't play particular well or consistent this year. Felt like she couldn't really be herself because Dawn wanted everything to go through Coates and Wilson.
3) Nina Davis & Karlie Samuelson went undrafted. There were plenty players that both had better careers than that were drafted.
4) I don't get why Chicago didn't use their second pick on wing player like Allisha Gray/Davis. They chose Coates, they already have Dolson and Boyette. They're all centers which is I don't understand that pick.
5) overall, I thought the 1st round picks were good picks especially the last with Wiese at 11 & Jones at 12. Wiese is a prolific 3point shooter and Kristi Toliver was traded. Jones has the chance to flourish in the Lynx system because they are really efficient shooters and excellent at finishing. Her flashy passes will implement that system well if she can keep her turnovers down.

Random thought: I seem to keep thinking that Chiney will eventually force a trade to LA to play with Nneka similar to what Fowles, Delle Donne, and Charles did. That would be a nice team!

Reaction Score
CHONG, CHONG, CHONG!!!!!! Way to go Saniya. Everyone is so proud of you. Now get that Uconn diploma and go show these people what you are made of. Basketball is fun again, go for broke and play your heart out in The Big D like you did in The Big O.

Reaction Score
1) Why was Makayla Epps drafted SO late?
2) I also thought Kaela Davis could've been higher because of upside. Though I understand why she was drafted low because she didn't play particular well or consistent this year. Felt like she couldn't really be herself because Dawn wanted everything to go through Coates and Wilson.
3) Nina Davis & Karlie Samuelson went undrafted. There were plenty players that both had better careers than that were drafted.
4) I don't get why Chicago didn't use their second pick on wing player like Allisha Gray/Davis. They chose Coates, they already have Dolson and Boyette. They're all centers which is I don't understand that pick.
5) overall, I thought the 1st round picks were good picks especially the last with Wiese at 11 & Jones at 12. Wiese is a prolific 3point shooter and Kristi Toliver was traded. Jones has the chance to flourish in the Lynx system because they are really efficient shooters and excellent at finishing. Her flashy passes will implement that system well if she can keep her turnovers down.

Random thought: I seem to keep thinking that Chiney will eventually force a trade to LA to play with Nneka similar to what Fowles, Delle Donne, and Charles did. That would be a nice team!

I agree Chicago made some weird picks.....maybe they wanna build through trade.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Disappointed for Davis but not terribly surprised. I can't recall ever seeing a player at that level have a worse shot. She was done a disservice by every coach who ever touched her career.

I thought Alexis Prince would go higher but I'm THRILLED that she is going to Phoenix. Another reason for the Mercury to be my favorite. BG, DT and Prince. I'm :):):):):)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Its nights like this that make it enjoyable to be a WCBB fan... and to show just how time flies. For example....... out of the 10 players invited to the draft..... I saw 5 of them.... 4 playing (1 injured on the bench) playing at the 2014 ACC tournament in person .... and now to see how they get drafted in the first round is kinda cool. All told.... I got to see 13 of the 36 drafted players play in person multiple times whether it was games @Duke...... @the ACC Tournament.. or @in the Sweet 16/Elite 8 (2015)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Since next years draft is loaded. I hope its in a better place.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised that Epps went so late.

I am but I'm not. She has all the talent in the world but seemed to get away from good fundamental basketball at times while trying to be a bit of a showboat.

Reaction Score
Since next years draft is loaded. I hope its in a better place.
Indeed. I hope it's back to the traditional style/format when the players go on stage and take a pick with prez and hold their new team's jersey. With top players like Aja Wilson, Gabby Williams, Diamond Deshields, Brianna Turner, Jordin Canada, Kelsey Mitchell, Kia Nurse, Monique Billings, Ariel Atkins, Brooke McCarty, Mariya Moore, Myisha-Hines Allen, Mercedez Russell, Jaime Nared, Stephanie Muvanga, Linnae Harper, Lexie Brown, Becca Greenwell, Victoria Vivians, Shakayla Thomas, Imani Wright Chatrice White, Khaalia Hillsman, Katelynn Flaherty, Tyler Scaife, Rebekah Dahlman, etc. and there's a chance that Azura Stephens could forego her final season if UConn wins the championship. This a LOADED draft class. I feel like the top 20 picks could make and legitimately contribute to any team. The league needs to capitalize, market, and promote off such a great class to increase the viewers, visibility, and fan bases.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Indeed. I hope it's back to the traditional style/format when the players go on stage and take a pick with prez and hold their new team's jersey. With top players like Aja Wilson, Gabby Williams, Diamond Deshields, Brianna Turner, Jordin Canada, Kelsey Mitchell, Kia Nurse, Monique Billings, Ariel Atkins, Brooke McCarty, Mariya Moore, Myisha-Hines Allen, Mercedez Russell, Jaime Nared, Stephanie Muvanga, Linnae Harper, Lexie Brown, Becca Greenwell, Victoria Vivians, Shakayla Thomas, Imani Wright Chatrice White, Khaalia Hillsman, Katelynn Flaherty, Tyler Scaife, Rebekah Dahlman, etc. and there's a chance that Azura Stephens could forego her final season if UConn wins the championship. This a LOADED draft class. I feel like the top 20 picks could make and legitimately contribute to any team. The league needs to capitalize, market, and promote off such a great class to increase the viewers, visibility, and fan bases.

I made a thread back in 2015 about 2018 being the deepest draft ever. Now two years later.... there are even more players than I originally posted about :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reaction Score
I made a thread back in 2015 about 2018 being the deepest draft ever. Now two years later.... there are even more players than I originally posted about :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
This a class that you literally cannot make a mock draft for. It is a legit class where even the second round picks are really good. I want to do a first round mock and I want you to make one also if you don't mind.

1) A'Ja Wilson
2a)Gabby Williams
2b)Diamond Deshields
3Jordin Canada
4)Kelsey Mitchell
5) Jaime Nared
6Brianna Turner
7) Kia Nurse
8)Victoria Vivians
9)Lexie Brown
10)Mercedes Russell
11)Becca Greenwell
12)Shaq Thomas

....so hard to make a list this early lol. Especially since we don't really know how they'll perform in their final year. If Azura declares early, she would be the number one or two pick. Aja gets a lot of credit and conversation from the media so she's prolly gonna be the number one pick from that alone (similar to Plum this year). My personal number one pick, and I'm little biased, if I were a GM or Head Coach would be Gabby Williams especially if she learns to shoot off the dribble penetration/screens and adds that three point shot to her arsenal.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This a class that you literally cannot make a mock draft for. It is a legit class where even the second round picks are really good. I want to do a first round mock and I want you to make one also if you don't mind.

1) A'Ja Wilson
2a)Gabby Williams
2b)Diamond Deshields
3Jordin Canada
4)Kelsey Mitchell
5) Jaime Nared
6Brianna Turner
7) Kia Nurse
8)Victoria Vivians
9)Lexie Brown
10)Mercedes Russell
11)Becca Greenwell
12)Shaq Thomas

....so hard to make a list this early lol. Especially since we don't really know how they'll perform in their final year. If Azura declares early, she would be the number one or two pick. Aja gets a lot of credit and conversation from the media so she's prolly gonna be the number one pick from that alone (similar to Plum this year). My personal number one pick, and I'm little biased, if I were a GM or Head Coach would be Gabby Williams especially if she learns to shoot off the dribble penetration/screens and adds that three point shot to her arsenal.

Im assuming no (RS) juniors leave early.... and I assume that Turner will miss the entire season with injury and return to ND for 2018-19.

That being said........ lemme take a shot

1) Aja Wilson
2) Monique Billings
3) Diamond Deshields
4) G. Williams (UCONN)
5) Kelsey Mitchell
6) Lexie Brown
7) Jordin Canada
8) Mercedes Russell
9) Kia Nurse
10)Jamie Nared
11) Mysheia Hines-Allen
12) Rebecca Greenwell

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Im assuming no (RS) juniors leave early.... and I assume that Turner will miss the entire season with injury and return to ND for 2018-19.

That being said... lemme take a shot

1) Aja Wilson
2) Monique Billings
3) Diamond Deshields
4) G. Williams (UConn)
5) Kelsey Mitchell
6) Lexie Brown
7) Jordin Canada
8) Mercedes Russell
9) Kia Nurse
10)Jamie Nared
11) Mysheia Hines-Allen
12) Rebecca Greenwell
Not a bad effort. My one question would be with DD. While she has all the ability in the world, unless she significantly improves her level of consistency and effort, it's difficult to believe that a WNBA GM will take a flyer on DD with a high draft pick.

Reaction Score

That being said... lemme take a shot

1) Aja Wilson
2) Monique Billings
3) Diamond Deshields
4) G. Williams (UConn)
5) Kelsey Mitchell
6) Lexie Brown
7) Jordin Canada
8) Mercedes Russell
9) Kia Nurse
10)Jamie Nared
11) Mysheia Hines-Allen
12) Rebecca Greenwell

How about Kaylee Jensen from Oklahoma State?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How about Kaylee Jensen from Oklahoma State?

Had no idea who you were talking about, so I did a bit of research. I kinda remember seeing her play a bit in the NCAA tourney a few years back. Her size and stats are very impressive. She might be a sleeper to keep an eye on.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

1) A'Ja Wilson
2a)Gabby Williams
2b)Diamond Deshields
3Jordin Canada
4)Kelsey Mitchell
5) Jaime Nared
6Brianna Turner
7) Kia Nurse
8)Victoria Vivians
9)Lexie Brown
10)Mercedes Russell
11)Becca Greenwell
12)Shaq Thomas

Doesn't matter who declares early, Wilson WILL be the number 1 player in the draft. WNBA teams don't draft based on who the media talks about more, they draft based on talent and need. It will be interesting to see who is at the bottom of the barrel at the end of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom