WNBA Draft Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What were Stewart, Jefferson and Tuck ranked coming out of HS?
Breanna and Moriah were 1st and 2nd. Morgan, as I recall it, was 5th in Blue Star but ranked much weaker in Hoopgurlz because of missed HS playing time due to injury.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
upload_2016-4-14_23-57-34.png

New favorite picture! Wait a minute, maybe that's why they kept holding up three fingers!

Reaction Score
Biggest non UConn player cheers of the night "UCONN!, HUSKIES! . . . . etc." I don't know if ESPN televised that but there was no doubt - the crowd was all UConn.
TV definitely caught it loud and clear. It was comparable to what you would have heard during a game.

arch

Reaction Score
Not really. I think that is yours. And maybe you should follow that rule as well.
One vote for - Seattle had the best draft. Wouldn't trade Stewart for all the Sun's picks (not to mention what the Sun gave up in trade).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wife and I were at the draft. Big roar went up when Morgan was picked. It was a combination of UCONN going 1,2,3, Morgan staying in Connecticut and the fact that she was drafted so high. Banham vs Courtney Williams? Time will tell but if the Sun's goal was to get a dead eye shooter, then Banham was a better choice. They will need a point guard now.

Reaction Score
View attachment 13219
New favorite picture! Wait a minute, maybe that's why they kept holding up three fingers!
Thanks for this photo. They're just gorgeous.

Wasn't it just the other day when the tall freshman rode the bench during yet another loss to Notre Dame ? And the little speedster was running aimlessly in all directions ? And the smiling, serious looking one was still looking for her groove ? Who knows where the time goes ?

Reaction Score
When the announcers said that Boyette is Pam McGee's daughter I could feel the gray hairs just exploding on my scalp. Damn that made me feel old lol :D

Reaction Score
The Sun had the best overall draft by far. 3 of top six picks, Tuck, Banham, Jones, plus Weisner in 2nd. Could spell the end of Kelly Faris time here. I hope not.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Correct - but:
#3 Alexis Jones is still at Baylor
#4 Jewell Loyd came out last year as #1
#5 was Bashaara Graves and we all know what happened to her - she enter the death star otherwise known as TN. :rolleyes:

So they basically came in and went out as the best in their class. It would be interesting to see how many of the top recruits in that class also graduated near their HS ranking and how many fell below it. I suspect that there are a number of players who were not nearly as highly ranked who proved to be much better players than it was anticipated they would be.

Reaction Score
Anyone else surprised at Copper before Williams? That said, I think Courtney has a great spot!

Reaction Score
wait a minute....what about Pulido.....do they draft team doctors????
The team trainer/Doctor draft wasn't televised by The Worldwide Leader because the consensus # 1 pick, Briana Pulido, turned out not to be available in the draft pool.

Anonymous sources* are claiming that a secret deal is in place between Pulido and the University of Connecticut that would secure her services as team trainer after she completes medical school. It is expected, given Pulido's extraordinary track record, that she will finish med school in as little as two or three semesters- not the usual seven to eight years.

Sources further report that in the interim the position will be "held down" by Heather Buck.
Questions about Buck's eligibility and the secret arrangement with Pulido were raised with the NCAA in a 999 page document submitted by an SEC school.

The NCAA dismissed that complaint after pointing out that both Heather Buck and Briana Pulido have been classified 4F. Forever Final Four Finishers.

* Nan: sources available if required.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ah no! I said due to a combination of various players as a whole. Not just The #1 player. Do your homework.

I know what you said and I still disagree. This is the pros, the teams that win have stars, not numbers. And to go even further, you need athletes, not just players that had good numbers in college. Compare and contrast KML and Kiah Stokes. KML was a multi-All American in college and and could barely get off the bench on the 2nd worst team in the league. Meanwhile, Stokes, the bench player in college, is a budding star on a team that won in the playoffs.

I think this draft is another bust for the Sun. They chose two unathletic college players that project to be journeymen at best at the next level. As bad as their coaching has been lately, their personnel moves have been almost as bad. They don't know what they are doing. It's clear that any success they had in the past was due to Mike T. and no one else.

Reaction Score
The team trainer/Doctor draft wasn't televised by The Worldwide Leader because the consensus # 1 pick, Briana Pulido, turned out not to be available in the draft pool. Anonymous sources are claiming that a secret deal is in place between Pulido and the University of Connecticut that would secure her services as team trainer after she completes medical school. It is expected, given Pulido's extraordinary track record, that she will finish med school in as little as two or three semesters- not the usual seven to eight years. Sources further report that in the interim the position will be "held down" by Heather Buck. Questions about Buck's eligibility and the secret arrangement with Pulido were raised with the NCAA in a 999 page document submitted by an SEC school. The NCAA dismissed that complaint after pointing out that both have been classified 4F...Forever Final Four Finishers.
Pulido's extraordinary track record? I thought she only did track her first year at UConn?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I think this draft is another bust for the Sun. They chose two unathletic college players that project to be journeymen at best at the next level. As bad as their coaching has been lately, their personnel moves have been almost as bad. They don't know what they are doing. It's clear that any success they had in the past was due to Mike T. and no one else.

And they traded away a pretty good point guard in Gray and next year's 1st round pick in that Jones trade. That was a steep price to pay for Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom