WNBA Draft Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft Thread

Reaction Score
Hmmmm

images
yep dissapointed, esp cause I follow the nhl and watch the oilers, never even popped in my mind

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I really don't know much about Goodwin, but Saniya may need to pick up her game. Saniya has shown she can really help the flow of offense for Dallas. They often stagnated when she wasn't in. I hope that and her good stint in Israel will keep her on the roster.

I'm more with you than with Shades, who said Saniya is in trouble.

Dallas led the league in offense and was last in defense. I think, as far as their senior years in college (the sixth for Goodwin), Goodwin is a clearly better offensive player than Chong. But Saniya was clearly the better defensive player, plus as you pointed out, a calming/organizing influence on the team offense. Couple that with her very good offensive performance in the Israeli league (top ten in scoring, top five in assists (that with a point-forward on the team in Crystal Bradford, too), I think Saniya should have an edge going in.

Not that she should be complacent.

Edit: I just looked up Goodwin's stats. She shot 0.412/0.262/0.722; IIRC Chong was around 50/40/80 her senior year. Goodwin's pts/reb/asst were very impressive 20.6/6.7/5.5 .

In the Israeli league, Chong was third-team all-pro; averaged 17.7/3.5/4.7, shot 0.512/0.310/0.815 . I hope she can build on that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, I would say Chong is in trouble.
I like Goodwin. She’s a heady player that makes others around her better.
Talented with the ability to create for herself and score too.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Rebecca Greenwell of Duke played with a bad knee all season......... had surgery on the same day...... nine months of recovery so obviously she wont be playing this season.

Owensboro native Becca Greenwell drafted into WNBA

But, her career's had some setbacks. Greenwell tore her ACL twice in high school.
Her most recent surgery was yesterday, Thursday morning, on her right knee. It was the same day as the WNBA draft.

“I was expected to get picked 2nd or 3rd round, but it was getting down to the end - and my name still wasn’t called, so I was starting to get a little nervous but then I saw my name pop up with the Washington Mystics in the 3rd round so that was huge relieve,” Greenwell recalled.

First the surgery, then the draft. Now, nine months of recovery and building up her strength to keep that spot in the pros.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Connecticut in the summer is much nicer than No Carolina in the summer.

Depends on which part of the state ..... Western NC is quite nice in the summer....... when its 95 degrees and humid here in the piedmont ...... the average summer high in many places out west is a blistering 75 degrees :eek:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I’m sorry to hear about Greenwell missing the season. I’ve always liked her. Hearing about the knee adds a little understanding to why she didn’t progress as much during college as I would have expected.

Reaction Score
And most everyone else didn’t. Hence my correctly used phrase “almost no one.”

Last year:
#23 Breanna Lewis DAL
#26 Saniya Chong DAL
#29 Alexis Prince PHX
#30 Lanay Montgomery SEA
#33 Makayla Epps CHI

.... are rookies that survived a WNBA season.
I wouldn’t be surprised if none survive this season.

I would agree it's unusual to have that many late rounders survive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom