WNBA draft results | The Boneyard

WNBA draft results

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
She was #14 in the second round, to the Mystics
Oh:( … The second choice of the second round… (I will fix the title)

Reaction Score
Crysten likely went to a good place for her. I like Evina in Seattle. ONO in LA might be tough unless they want her to become a 3.

Reaction Score
Crysten likely went to a good place for her. I like Evina in Seattle. ONO in LA might be tough unless they want her to become a 3.
Sparks have a log Jam at 4 and 5. Katie Lou and ONO may have a tough time making this roster.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Christyn went to a really good organization. Tibeault loves him some UConn alums. Good luck to her.

E to Seattle likewise.

LA has been a hot mess the last few years, but hopefully that is straightening out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
CW was drafted ahead of Naz Hillman, Kianna Smith and Elissa Cunane......
Not surprising. The type of players that make it in the WNBA are often different compared to the college game. It’s faster, bigger, and more athletic. To me a player like Naz will have a tough time because she is undersized for her position, and hasn’t developed any outside game to transition to the wing.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Congrats to the UCONN trio. Wish them all the best. Damn, what a kick in the backside to Henderson and Hillman.

Kind of shocked Hillmon dropped so far after being projected #4 or #5 most of the year. I'm guessing GMs dont want to wait for her to develope since she has 0 game outside of 5-10 feet and didn't work to develop any midrange or perimeter shot during her 4 years. Her style of play wont work in the WNBA where players are longer and taller.

Henderson dropping that far does surprise me though after the effort she put in during the title game. I think she could make a final roster though. Not much competition from other young PGs in Indiana after they traded away Allemund. I think she could be the steal of the draft.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I don't even know what you can do with Hillmon in the WNBA. You cannot be a 6'2 pure post player in the W. Even at the 4 she's going to be giving up size most of the time. And she has no perimeter offensive game. So I just don't see how she can consistently score in the league. And defense isn't her calling card...so what are we left with.

Williams landed in a nice spot with Washington...she seems to be exactly the kind of wing Thibault likes. Wouldn't surprise me at all if she turns out to be a better pro than a collegian.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Westbrook is gonna have a hard time making the roster w/ the Storm. Bird and Loyd obvious starters in the backcourt. They've had Prince there several years, they know what to expect from her. Signed January as a free agent. Traded for Gabby Williams. Still have Talbot. Plus Burke and Herbert-Harrigan. Just don't see a spot for her at the 1, 2 or 3.

Reaction Score
KLS more of a 3 than 4, esp with her shooting/spacing & finesse game.
Sorry l should have clarified my point. I was not meaning to link KLS as post. I'm just saying how there is a log Jam and ONO and KLS could feel the squeeze at their perspective positions.

Reaction Score
Westbrook is gonna have a hard time making the roster w/ the Storm. Bird and Loyd obvious starters in the backcourt. They've had Prince there several years, they know what to expect from her. Signed January as a free agent. Traded for Gabby Williams. Still have Talbot. Plus Burke and Herbert-Harrigan. Just don't see a spot for her at the 1, 2 or 3.
January, Bird, and Prince have logged a lot of miles over the years. They might well need a younger guard, just for some insurance. Stewie/Magbegor, Russell/Cunane, Gabby/Talbot, Jewel/Prince, Bird/January. That leaves two spots. Maybe one big and one small. Herbert-Harrigan (who's not listed on the roster) and Burke might well compete for the forward, leaving Evina a shot at the guard. She could do it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom