With Newsome commit, UCONN cracks Rivals top 40 for star rankings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

With Newsome commit, UCONN cracks Rivals top 40 for star rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a person who grew up in Shelton and still keeps track of valley football, I am struggling to think of players from the valley, outside of Ansonia, who have had trouble staying enrolled/getting admitted. Can someone advise who those non ansonia valley players are?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Absolutely not, because we'll most likely be there anyway in 3-5 years.

You better make a bowl every single year....if you have losing records over the next few years it's probably not going to happen. Say all you want about RU, we have been to a bowl 6 out of the last 7 years (since 2005 we only missed the 2010 bowl I think). Even though you think RU addition was all about location, it's still an easier sell to everyone knowing that RU at least makes bowl games. Try making that same case for UCONN if you were to have 2 or 3 straight losing seasons (this might happen now since RU and SU will be picking off all local recruits). For UCONN, it's not going to get easier over the next couple years.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
You better make a bowl every single year....if you have losing records over the next few years it's probably not going to happen. Say all you want about RU, we have been to a bowl 6 out of the last 7 years (since 2005 we only missed the 2010 bowl I think). Even though you think RU addition was all about location, it's still an easier sell to everyone knowing that RU at least makes bowl games. Try making that same case for UCONN if you were to have 2 or 3 straight losing seasons (this might happen now since RU and SU will be picking off all local recruits). For UCONN, it's not going to get easier over the next couple years.
I don't know what the future holds for UConn. We certainly can't rule out the possibility of a dark period ahead if the administration becomes complacent. But I do know that Rutgers has a record of heralded recruiting classes that never were able to win a Big East football championship and I have no reason to expect future heralded recruiting classes will be able to win any Big 10 championships. You know, your school could put resources into bball, since Big 10 bball is less athletic than the old Big East. If you can manage to find a halfway decent bball coach who doesn't abuse student-athletes and actually graduated college, maybe you'll have a chance to make the NCAA tournament.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
No championships but I'm sure you would trade every win in your program's history just to be in our shoes claiming the BigTen as a home.

Only if you throw in the 1/2 of a fencing title you can stake a claim to.

Reaction Score
Location is tho only reason RU is in the B1G. The athletic programs, including FB, have done little regarding success.
Top off the joke of their coaches behavior, and their hiring process. Coaches w/o degrees.AD not properly vetted. Yeah, RU is a real prize.

Reaction Score
Main thing for Rutgers is to get their internal house in order. RU and their coaching/admin has been a national joke.

R U kidding?Rutgers football and hoop's have NEVER been in better hand's but it's your program's coaches and admin's who are questionable?RU football has been in the same hands for 12 years at least and getting more popular daily?They have to turn kids away!!

Reaction Score
Location is tho only reason RU is in the B1G. The athletic programs, including FB, have done little regarding success.
Top off the joke of their coaches behavior, and their hiring process. Coaches w/o degrees.AD not properly vetted. Yeah, RU is a real prize.

@Who needs a degree to coach and who care's?Damn,can't I wake up and browse either here or at SU fan . com w/o this obsession with RU?Find someone else to obsess over (BC)!!

Reaction Score
I don't know what the future holds for UConn. We certainly can't rule out the possibility of a dark period ahead if the administration becomes complacent. But I do know that Rutgers has a record of heralded recruiting classes that never were able to win a Big East football championship and I have no reason to expect future heralded recruiting classes will be able to win any Big 10 championships. You know, your school could put resources into bball, since Big 10 bball is less athletic than the old Big East. If you can manage to find a halfway decent bball coach who doesn't abuse student-athletes and actually graduated college, maybe you'll have a chance to make the NCAA tournament.

@When was the last time RU started a QB that wasn't a true or RS freshmen or soph?Imagine if they actually had a Jr or Sr QB?They still manage to win!!

Reaction Score
I actually like it that so many SU and UCONN fans care about Rutgers. There are literally at least 50 posts daily containing the word "rutgers" when you type it in the search box in the top right corner. Please continue.

Reaction Score

@Abuse,ARE you a MAN?What abuse?PC is the only thing that drove that particular train!!It's like crying about Calhoun's exaggerated issue's!!You can do better than that!

Reaction Score
@Who needs a degree to coach and who care's?Damn,can't I wake up and browse either here or at SU fan . com w/o this obsession with RU?Find someone else to obsess over (BC)!!
First, a RU poster started this thread ripping UConn. Second, what the hell has RU done in any sport on a national basis??? Nothing!!!
Finally, no, one doesn't need a degree to coach. But, when the school announces Jordan graduated, but, he didn't, it opens up a lot of questions. Just as the behavior of your last 3 hoop coaches has. Let alone the hiring of RU's new AD.
Go back to Newark, Nicky!!

Reaction Score

@Yeah,and the fact that UConn is in Connecticut is the reason your not in the Big5!

Reaction Score
First, a RU poster started this thread ripping UConn. Second, what the hell has RU done in any sport on a national basis??? Nothing!!!
Finally, no, one doesn't need a degree to coach. But, when the school announces Jordan graduated, but, he didn't, it opens up a lot of questions. Just as the behavior of your last 3 hoop coaches has. Let alone the hiring of RU's new AD.
Go back to Newark, Nicky!!

Im in Cos Cob and in the heart of RU COUNTRY!!

Reaction Score

Your a bitter little man!!I feel for your dog!!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
@Abuse,ARE you a MAN?What abuse?PC is the only thing that drove that particular train!!It's like crying about Calhoun's exaggerated issue's!!You can do better than that!
What Mike Rice did was abuse. Period. Real men, real coaches don't do what he did. Calhoun may have come close to the line but Rice went way over. It is possible to be verbally abusive without physical contact, but Rice did both. Funny thing is, people who commit verbal or physical abuse often are have deep-seated insecurities. Then the cycle repeats when the victims go on to commit abuse to people under them. And until the tapes were made public and Pernetti was forced to fire Rice, he and Rutgers were enabling the problem. If you want to talk about being a MAN... a MAN would have stopped the situation immediately instead of waiting until Rutgers got the Big Ten invite. We can all do better than that.

Reaction Score
And after all that 1 BCS appearence to zero for any of those teams

@Flood,I think printing this is a little "over the top" and not really warranted to considering how lucky we were!Ya know "but for the grace"?

Reaction Score
What Mike Rice did was abuse. Period. Real men, real coaches don't do what he did. Calhoun may have come close to the line but Rice went way over. It is possible to be verbally abusive without physical contact, but Rice did both. Funny thing is, people who commit verbal or physical abuse often are have deep-seated insecurities. Then the cycle repeats when the victims go on to commit abuse to people under them. And until the tapes were made public and Pernetti was forced to fire Rice, he and Rutgers were enabling the problem. If you want to talk about being a MAN... a MAN would have stopped the situation immediately instead of waiting until Rutgers got the Big Ten invite. We can all do better than that.

Mike Rice is so 1999. I didn't know we even had a bball team.....does anybody even care about basketball?

Reaction Score
For being sympathetic to you?Probably!!
No, It's more like your view of RU!!!
BTW, you are the obsessed with UConn guy. After all, I'm not the one trolling on another's board like you.

Reaction Score

@I get where your going and agree BUT it's the only way we've been coached for generation's and as a former Marine we could say the same claim's about there training in Parris Island!But to make the claim that its unique too RU is insane!!

Reaction Score
Mike Rice is so 1999. I didn't know we even had a bball team.....does anybody even care about basketball?
Why would Rutgers care about hoops. Look how poor they are at hoops.

Reaction Score
No, It's more like your view of RU!!!
BTW, you are the obsessed with UConn guy. After all, I'm not the one trolling on another's board like you.

Not trolling...visiting as a friend and sympathizer of SANE UConn fan's..grumpy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom