Wisky stupidity + refs blown calls= Duke win | The Boneyard

Wisky stupidity + refs blown calls= Duke win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow! Missed the step out of bounds and blow the tip out of bounds which led to 5 duke points. Foul Dukes best ft shooter with 42 seconds left? wtf?!!! Grayson goes wild bringing Duke back from 9 point deficit? Wisky gave it away!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The officiating in this game echoed what we saw all year - incompetence that usually plays to the betterment of one team
A disgusting trait that has to end
I am sure some of those will say the officiating played no part but the blown calls came at the most crucial times. These refs are just not up to the task - they don't watch what they should and usually blow the whistle in anticipation rather than in real time, The quality sucks.
Calls today cost Wiscy dearly at crucial times (3 missed charges, stepping out of bounds, a ball off the finger tips) BUT Wiscy also decided to play one of their worst games offensively all game and defensively in the 2nd half
Letting that Allen guy beat you is plain BS - no switch not adjustment

Reaction Score
The most important play in the game was the failure to change the out of bounds call. Wisconsin ball under their own hoop, down 2. Very different from bringing it up 20 seconds later down 5.

Reaction Score
The officiating in this game echoed what we saw all year - incompetence that usually plays to the betterment of one team
A disgusting trait that has to end
I am sure some of those will say the officiating played no part but the blown calls came at the most crucial times. These refs are just not up to the task - they don't watch what they should and usually blow the whistle in anticipation rather than in real time, The quality sucks.
Calls today cost Wiscy dearly at crucial times (3 missed charges, stepping out of bounds, a ball off the finger tips) BUT Wiscy also decided to play one of their worst games offensively all game and defensively in the 2nd half
Letting that Allen guy beat you is plain BS - no switch not adjustment
What bothers me is this is two games in a row where they went to review, the call was blatantly obvious, and they STILL got it wrong. Why bother w replay?? Just give the ball to KY or Duke, and don't insult our intelligence that you are actually deliberating.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Everybody said all season long that the officials were going to make sure that either Duke or Kentucky won this year.
So, why should anyone be surprised that when Duke was down 9 that Coach K calls the official over for a tete'a tete'
and suddenly Duke get every single whistle. And eventually wins the game. What sickens me that most that Wisconsin will play the willing chumps and go to post game press conference and utter cliches even though they have just been robbed of their dream.
And once they see how badly they have been robbed watching game film, they will bitter about the experience.
Hect, I'm bitter about it.

Reaction Score
I really hate when people say this. Its absolute bs 99.9% or the time. wisky wanted it just as much as duke did. get out of here with that nonsense!

You are wrong

Duke was the aggressor and just snagged balls away from Wisky

Wisky was passive out there, afraid.

Reaction Score
I really hate when people say this. Its absolute bs 99.9% or the time. wisky wanted it just as much as duke did. get out of here with that nonsense!
You can want it as much as you want, but that won't change anything. The team that shows up mentally and physically prepared and has put in the proper work will win

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What bothers me is this is two games in a row where they went to review, the call was blatantly obvious, and they STILL got it wrong. Why bother w replay?? Just give the ball to KY or Duke, and don't insult our intelligence that you are actually deliberating.

How does that happen?

There is just no explanation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Very poor officiating. You know I was okay with Duke winning another natty but this game just disgusted me. It was ridiculously bad and one sided.

Reaction Score
When one team is pushing the other around and the other team isn't fighting back, that tells a lot

A good team made a run. The other good team had the chance to respond taken away. End of story and the entire story.

Reaction Score
You can want it as much as you want, but that won't change anything. The team that shows up mentally and physically prepared and has put in the proper work will win
Wtf does this even mean in regard to my post? This has nothing to do with which team wanted it more.

Reaction Score
How does that happen?

There is just no explanation.
If you're gonna F me up the A, just get it over with. Don't let me think there's a chance you might not do it. I'd love to hear the reason these two calls we're ot overturned.....it wasn't indisputable??

Reaction Score
I mean in the replay they showed you can see his finger tip bend when it hits the ball.

Was that view the one that the refs see? Because other than that view I can understand how they may not have had enough

Reaction Score
"Wanting" to win has nothing in regard to being the better team who is prepared
My point is both teams wanted it. Upstater said Duke wanted it more. Thats ridiculous! Thats all i meant. All this other crap has nothing to do with what i said. Unless im completely missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom