Wisky stupidity + refs blown calls= Duke win | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Wisky stupidity + refs blown calls= Duke win

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is no "but" when the officiating is biased. It doesn't matter what Wisconsin could have done if the officiating is biased.

I would look like a good defender if I could grab jerseys and slap at arms wihout being called for a foul.

Reaction Score
Duke foul trouble won them the game.

Genius move of K to get his best players in foul trouble early to make room for Allen to take over the game and to give the officials cover for executing on the pre-game plan to give the game to Duke in the second half. Hall of fame level stuff.

Duke plainly not a top 25 team this year after losing Parker.

Reaction Score
Yeah I mean you're right. Imagine playing that kind of defense as guards for Duke, that "tight and physical" for 40 minutes mind you, and having ONE fool on your 4 guards? I mean of course it was what determined the outcome :rolleyes:
If you watched the game--you'd agree. Sitting Okafor and Winslow at that time was crucial. The guards took over down 9 and won them that game.

Reaction Score
It's hard to not like Jones, even with the uniform he wears. Reminds me a lot of a certain former UConn point guard . . .
I disagree, I found it very easy to dislike him. What I saw last night was a lot of pre-flopping, where he rises into the air for a shot where he knows he will come into contact with a defender and instantly makes his body limp, so any contact he receives looks like a head on collision, and when he lands he will inevitably stutter to gain his footing.

I watched maybe 3-4 drives in a row where he did this and got the foul call EVERY time, once I saw him drive to the hoop strong uncontested and he clearly didnt do this little trick

he can shoot though, talented kid at times, which is why its a shame he resorts to that cheating. When your uni says "DUKE" I guess you learn to just rely on the whistles

Reaction Score
There is no "but" when the officiating is biased. It doesn't matter what Wisconsin could have done if the officiating is biased.

I would look like a good defender if I could grab jerseys and slap at arms wihout being called for a foul.
Or use both hands... watched one play specifically in the 2nd half where 2 consecutive defenders put both hands on the guy with the ball as they approached, something our guys were whistled for instantly, no whistle for either one. Not gonna say they did it every play, they definitely didnt since I was watching for it after that play, but they were doing it and getting away with it just fine

Reaction Score
Coach K is a great coach I will say. But he was forced to find out "how good' Allen could be. Without foul trouble he uses him as much as he used him all year, very little. He looked brilliant only because. He is by the way a great coach but this situation he was forced into certainly helped matters for him. The kid Allen made him look "brilliant"as did the guys in stripes!

its a fair point but he had other big men that he could have subbed in and didnt

Reaction Score
If we can see a contact lens fly out of a guy's eye (which also wasn't called a foul) they should be able to see a finger making contact with and altering the trajectory of a ball

I thought I saw a contact fly out on that replay, but I wasn't sure and they didn't show it again. Then the announcers were talking about how the Wisconsin trainers were having trouble getting the contact lens out of Gasser's eye and I figured that wasn't a lens coming out.

Now I'm wondering what the training staff was trying to remove from his eye. ;)

Reaction Score
"Wanting" to win has nothing in regard to being the better team who is prepared

"Anyone can have the will to win ... but who has the will to prepare?" - Ted Nolan 1995 (when he was an assistant coach with the Hartford Whalers

Reaction Score
What floors me is the fact you have 3 referees huddle around what, a 14" monitor to look at a replay..Did Winslow tip the ball? They said no, and their opinion is the one that matters. But he did touch the ball, and to those of us watching the replay on 46" HDTVs, this was obvious. So, why wouldn't you send the call up to a media room to have a ref watch the damn play on a screen large enough to ... you know ... utilize the HD video the game is shot in?
The truly incredible twist is now that the refs allegedly somehow never got the angle we all got at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom