Wins needed for 2019 NCAA Bid | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Wins needed for 2019 NCAA Bid

Reaction Score
Is Dunkin Donuts Park in Hartford avilable?

They DDP is available for the Regional but not the Super Regionals and I believe (have heard) it is desirable by the NCAA to be able to bid on both.

Reaction Score
Updated base on recent conference tournament results: College Baseball Projected Field Of 64: May 24 • D1Baseball

UConn projected as the 2 seed in the Nashville Regional w/ host Vanderbilt (which D1 projects as the #2 overall seed). UConn is matched against #3 Samford while Vandy has Southern University.

ECU is projected as the #9 overall seed.
Houston is the #3 seed in Lubbock
UCF as the #3 seed in Atlanta.

Last Five In: 60. Texas State, 61. Florida, 62. Houston, 63. UCF, 64. UC Irvine
First Five Out: 65. Missouri, 66. Southern Miss, 67. Liberty, 68. Arizona, 69. Oklahoma

Heck - there are some brackets I'd rather be the #3 seed based on match-ups

Reaction Score
Can't wait until Elliot Park is open next year, it should help with recruiting/exposure. I played a lot of games on JO Christian and I am somewhat sad to see it go, but a new park is imperative for UConn at this point.

Not to mention, it will help us secure a (future) regional. Or so I've been told by people who follow/report on college baseball.

Reaction Score
Updated base on recent conference tournament results: College Baseball Projected Field Of 64: May 24 • D1Baseball

UConn projected as the 2 seed in the Nashville Regional w/ host Vanderbilt (which D1 projects as the #2 overall seed). UConn is matched against #3 Samford while Vandy has Southern University.

ECU is projected as the #9 overall seed.
Houston is the #3 seed in Lubbock
UCF as the #3 seed in Atlanta.

Last Five In: 60. Texas State, 61. Florida, 62. Houston, 63. UCF, 64. UC Irvine
First Five Out: 65. Missouri, 66. Southern Miss, 67. Liberty, 68. Arizona, 69. Oklahoma

Heck - there are some brackets I'd rather be the #3 seed based on match-ups
Nashville is doable.

Reaction Score
They DDP is available for the Regional but not the Super Regionals and I believe (have heard) it is desirable by the NCAA to be able to bid on both.

It's not completely available for the Regionals. Unless the regional starts on Friday, DDP is booked on Thurs. May 30th.

As for the criteria for hosting, I read somewhere (possibly here) that in order to be eligible to host a regional you must also be able to host a super-regional. DDP is booked solid during the supers. You'd have to coordinate with the Yard Goats and Eastern League to block off those 2 weekends in order for DDP to get hosting considerations.

Reaction Score
Is Dunkin Donuts Park in Hartford avilable? It's sort of on-campus as it just a block or two from UConn Harftord. I would also think that the opportunity to bring the tournament to the Northeast where it does not go often would be attractive to the NCAA committee to expand it's exposure. That said, I know its UConn.

According to Aaron Fitt, DDP much like Dodd is a no-go. The committee prefers on-campus, according to Aaron, and DDP is not on-campus.

Reaction Score
It's not completely available for the Regionals. Unless the regional starts on Friday, DDP is booked on Thurs. May 30th.

As for the criteria for hosting, I read somewhere (possibly here) that in order to be eligible to host a regional you must also be able to host a super-regional. DDP is booked solid during the supers. You'd have to coordinate with the Yard Goats and Eastern League to block off those 2 weekends in order for DDP to get hosting considerations.

Regionals are scheduled to begin on the 31st: 2019 NCAA Baseball: Conference tournament brackets, automatic qualifiers

Reaction Score
According to Aaron Fitt, DDP much like Dodd is a no-go. The committee prefers on-campus, according to Aaron, and DDP is not on-campus.

They may prefer it but the NCAA bid requirements allow for on-campus or other approved alternate sites.

Reaction Score
UConn plays a number of home games at DDP. And you would think that hosting an NCAA regional there would be be a good draw, meaning more money for the NCAA.

You would be wrong. I was told last year by Aaron Fitt, when I gave him a real hard time about Dodd and DDP (should it be available), that the NCAA values very highly on-campus stadiums. Not to mention you need to convince the Yard Goats and by extension the Eastern League to block off 2 consecutive weekends so you can host the regional and super-regional. Good luck trying to figure out that scheduling disaster.

Reaction Score
Especially in this context. Who cares if it is on campus? Just about every school is on summer break right now.

The NCAA committee does. Very much if Aaron Fitt is to be believed

Reaction Score
They may prefer it but the NCAA bid requirements allow for on-campus or other approved alternate sites.

I'm just telling you what Aaron Fitt told me last year. On-campus is considered before off-campus. Every day and twice on sunday. If two hosting sites are "tied" with the committee, whomever has the on-campus stadium gets to host. It's not fair but according to Fitt, thems the breaks.

Reaction Score
Regardless of what the NCAA committee thinks, my point is still valid. And who the flock is Aaron Fitt, anyway?? lol

If your point was "Who cares if it's on campus?" then your point isn't valid at all. In fact I'd say you didn't have a point at all, but that's just my opinion.

As for who Aaron Fitt is? He writes for D1 Baseball.com and I had it out with him last year when he said UCONN had no shot at hosting because their on-campus stadium was antiquated.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I like Aaron Fitt :(. 95% of the time he talks UConn, he is enormously positive.

Reaction Score
If your point was "Who cares if it's on campus?" then your point isn't valid at all. In fact I'd say you didn't have a point at all, but that's just my opinion.

As for who Aaron Fitt is? He writes for D1 Baseball.com and I had it out with him last year when he said UCONN had no shot at hosting because their on-campus stadium was antiquated.
You should let UConn know they're wasting their time seeing as they keep applying to host

Reaction Score
You would be wrong. I was told last year by Aaron Fitt, when I gave him a real hard time about Dodd and DDP (should it be available), that the NCAA values very highly on-campus stadiums. Not to mention you need to convince the Yard Goats and by extension the Eastern League to block off 2 consecutive weekends so you can host the regional and super-regional. Good luck trying to figure out that scheduling disaster.

He’s wrong a lot

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Does “on campus” have to be on our campus? What’s good with ECSU’s field?

Reaction Score
Does “on campus” have to be on our campus? What’s good with ECSU’s field?

31.1.3.2.1 Criteria for Site Determination. The following criteria are to be used in the evaluation of sites for all competition in NCAA championships: (Revised: 11/1/01, 11/1/07 effective 8/1/08, 8/7/14, 10/4/17)
(a) Quality and availability of the facility and other necessary accommodations;
(b) Revenue potential (e.g., a financial guarantee or guideline that ensures fiscal responsibility and is appropriate for the particular event, as recommended by the governing sports committee and approved by the applicable sport oversight committee or the Competition Oversight Committee);
(c) Attendance history and potential;
(d) Geographical location; and
(e) Championships operating costs

31.1.3.2.3 On-Campus Versus Off-Campus Sites. Preference shall be given to conducting competition on the grounds or in the buildings of educational institutions unless there are compelling reasons, based on evaluation of the criteria in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1 (which shall be applied to both on-campus and off-campus sites), to conduct the competition in an off-campus facility. In those instances in which it is advisable to conduct the competition at off-campus sites, the host institution(s) shall have complete control, supervision and management of the facility being used. (Revised: 12/3/90)

Also to 31.1.3.2.1b above: Prospective host institutions must submit a minimum financial guarantee of $50,000, which shall be 75 percent of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the hosting proposal (online proposed budget)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Not to mention, it will help us secure a (future) regional. Or so I've been told by people who follow/report on college baseball.
You know it doesn't look like it would be big enough, at least as initially built. Then again, the smaller stands would make the crowd look better on TV (or internet.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom