Wins needed for 2019 NCAA Bid | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Wins needed for 2019 NCAA Bid

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Interesting...

At this point, I think we'd be the favorite to win the American tournament with Houston and ECU set to play each other in an elimination game today. Still don't think it gets us there, but should lock down a 2 seed I'd think.

Reaction Score
Baseball America Projected Field of 64 (5/22/19)

UConn projected as the #2 seed in the Fayetteville Arkansas Regional w/ host Arkansas (#5 overall seed). The other teams in the bracket are Virginia (#3) and Stony Brook (#4).

ECU hosting in Greenville and projected as the #8 overall national seed.

Houston projected as the #3 seed in the College Station Regional.

Last Four In:
Arizona
Clemson
Florida
Virginia

First Four Out:
Missouri
Central Florida
Southern Mississippi
Oklahoma

Next Four Out:
Wake Forest
Washington
Louisiana Tech
Liberty

Reaction Score
At this point, I think we'd be the favorite to win the American tournament with Houston and ECU set to play each other in an elimination game today. Still don't think it gets us there, but should lock down a 2 seed I'd think.

Only chance winning out gets us at home is if we beat ECU on the way there. Otherwise, even as tourney champ, I don't see it. RPI won't be top 16 and the committee tends to see us as weaker than our RPI.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing other than a shred of bragging rights because we beat them both... #12 ACC seed BC just knocked off ACC top seed and #7/#9/#10 ranked Louisville in the ACC Tourney 5-1 moving BC to the ACC Semifinals.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing other than a shred of bragging rights because we beat them both... #12 seed BC just knocked off top seed and #7/#9/#10 ranked Louisville in the ACC Tourney 5-1
And they beat Clemson yesterday so they are on into the Semi's of the ACC.

Reaction Score
Baseball America Projected Field of 64 (5/22/19)

UConn projected as the #2 seed in the Fayetteville Arkansas Regional w/ host Arkansas (#5 overall seed). The other teams in the bracket are Virginia (#3) and Stony Brook (#4).

ECU hosting in Greenville and projected as the #8 overall national seed.

Houston projected as the #3 seed in the College Station Regional.

Last Four In:
Arizona
Clemson
Florida
Virginia

First Four Out:
Missouri
Central Florida
Southern Mississippi
Oklahoma

Next Four Out:
Wake Forest
Washington
Louisiana Tech
Liberty
It's funny watching these predictions change everyday. I would think our seed has moved up and yet now they have us projected in the Arkansas region. When we were considered a lower seed they had us in the Miami and Athens regions. I would take those 2 over Arkansas any day. Arkansas has a lethal offense.

Reaction Score
We could still host as a two seed. As was the case least time Dodd was used for a regional.

Reaction Score
What a great win, that firmly places us in NCAA tourney. It would be a travesty if this team gets left out. Now it would be great to end up winning AAC, and possibly hosting a regional with a #2 seed. Not likely, but we can hope.

Our post season criteria chart is basically all Green. Our record is .003% behind our goal ( .614 - .617). So for today's purpose I am going to say that we have matched our goal and am designating our record in Green.

Also I am Not going to be able to post any updates to chart for 10 days. I will have 1 last chart update on June 5 -6th. By that time I hope we are doing damage in a regional.

I like to thank everyone that keeps us updated during the year by posting on game threads. That is usually the way I end up following games. I hope you enjoyed this thread, it really keeps me interested in UConn Baseball.

Go Huskies.

Current record.. season goal
4 - 5 / .444% .... 5 - 4 / .556 - Top 55 RPI (out of conf)
7 - 4 / .636% .... 7 - 4 / .636 - Over 55 RPI (out of conf)
10 - 1 / .909% ... 9 - 2 / .818 - New England games

12 - 12/ .500% .... 14 - 10 / .583 % - AAC regular season
2 - 0 / 1.000% .... 2 - 2 / .500 - AAC tourney

Post season Criteria
(1) 35-22/ .614 ..... 37-23 / .617 - Overall record

(2) 27 .... <50- RPI

(3) 4th ....Top 4 AAC

CHART Code
red = below goal
green = at or above goal
black = not yet applicable

Reaction Score
Baseball America: Bubble Watch: Clemson, Michigan Bolster Their Cases

>>As conference tournaments heat up around the country, teams have just a few more chances to improve their standing in the NCAA Tournament race. We look at the winners and losers from Thursday’s action.

Winners

Connecticut: With an RPI inside the top 30, UConn was probably already in good shape for an at-large bid should they fall short of the auto bid, but with wins against Houston and Wichita State to push their record to 2-0 so far this week, the Huskies more or less sealed the deal, despite finishing the regular season at 12-12 in the American Athletic Conference.<<

Baseball America does a daily update to their bracket projections as conference tourneys roll on. UConn still projected as the #2 in Fayetteville.

Reaction Score
We could still host as a two seed. As was the case least time Dodd was used for a regional.

Dodd Stadium is a no-go according to Aaron Fitt. He says that the NCAA Committee values on-campus stadiums over non-campus ones. I got into it with him last year when he was, IMO, disparaging UCONN's hosting chances. Or, maybe it was possible hosting chances? I forget which one it was.

Reaction Score
They won't get it, if Aaron Fitt is to be believed.

If we should win the AAC tournament and a bunch of other things happen, I think there’s an outside shot we could host. Definitely good on UConn for doing their due dillegence in the event that this does happen.

Reaction Score
If we should win the AAC tournament and a bunch of other things happen, I think there’s an outside shot we could host. Definitely good on UConn for doing their due dillegence in the event that this does happen.

Well, like I said in the post above yours, I was told by Aaron Fitt on Twitter last year that the NCAA doesn't like Dodd Stadium...at all. I called him out on that and he doubled, nay tripled down on that take. Also, with the new on-campus stadium not up yet, our chances at hosting are slim-to-none and slim's getting ready to leave.

Reaction Score
Dodd Stadium is a perfect choice for a regional, IMO. I don't know what the NCAA doesn't like about it, other than it not being on-campus.

Reaction Score
Dodd Stadium is a perfect choice for a regional, IMO. I don't know what the NCAA doesn't like about it, other than it not being on-campus.

Exactly zero postseason FBS and MBB games take place on campus. So *of course* the NCAA would care very much about this as a principle in the isolated context of UConn’s bid to host a regional.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
What a great win, that firmly places us in NCAA tourney. It would be a travesty if this team gets left out. Now it would be great to end up winning AAC, and possibly hosting a regional with a #2 seed. Not likely, but we can hope.

Our post season criteria chart is basically all Green. Our record is .003% behind our goal ( .614 - .617). So for today's purpose I am going to say that we have matched our goal and am designating our record in Green.

Also I am Not going to be able to post any updates to chart for 10 days. I will have 1 last chart update on June 5 -6th. By that time I hope we are doing damage in a regional.

I like to thank everyone that keeps us updated during the year by posting on game threads. That is usually the way I end up following games. I hope you enjoyed this thread, it really keeps me interested in UConn Baseball.

Go Huskies.

Current record.. season goal
4 - 5 / .444% .... 5 - 4 / .556 - Top 55 RPI (out of conf)
7 - 4 / .636% .... 7 - 4 / .636 - Over 55 RPI (out of conf)
10 - 1 / .909% ... 9 - 2 / .818 - New England games

12 - 12/ .500% .... 14 - 10 / .583 % - AAC regular season
2 - 0 / 1.000% .... 2 - 2 / .500 - AAC tourney

Post season Criteria
(1) 35-22/ .614 ..... 37-23 / .617 - Overall record

(2) 27 .... <50- RPI

(3) 4th ....Top 4 AAC

CHART Code
red = below goal
green = at or above goal
black = not yet applicable
Thanks for your efforts!

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Exactly zero postseason FBS and MBB games take place on campus. So *of course* the NCAA would care very much about this as a principle in the isolated context of UConn’s bid to host a regional.

With UConn baseball, expect critics to use any random, irrelevent data point to try to disparage our program. Unfortunately, our critics include the NCAA and Ray Tanner. Ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Can't wait until Elliot Park is open next year, it should help with recruiting/exposure. I played a lot of games on JO Christian and I am somewhat sad to see it go, but a new park is imperative for UConn at this point.

Reaction Score
With UConn baseball, expect critics to use any random, irrelevent data point to try to disparage our program. Unfortunately, our critics include the NCAA and Ray Tanner. Ridiculous.

Is Dunkin Donuts Park in Hartford avilable? It's sort of on-campus as it just a block or two from UConn Harftord. I would also think that the opportunity to bring the tournament to the Northeast where it does not go often would be attractive to the NCAA committee to expand it's exposure. That said, I know its UConn.

Reaction Score
Is Dunkin Donuts Park in Hartford avilable? It's sort of on-campus as it just a block or two from UConn Harftord. I would also think that the opportunity to bring the tournament to the Northeast where it does not go often would be attractive to the NCAA committee to expand it's exposure. That said, I know its UConn.

UConn plays a number of home games at DDP. And you would think that hosting an NCAA regional there would be be a good draw, meaning more money for the NCAA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom