Wins needed for 2019 NCAA Bid | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Wins needed for 2019 NCAA Bid

Reaction Score

New projections by BaseballAmerica has UConn as #2 in the Atlanta Regional w/ #9 overall seed Georgia Tech, #3 Florida and #4 Stetson. All spitballing till Selection Monday.

ECU hosting but down to the #11 overall seed.
UCF in Fayetville as the #3seed and Houston as the #3 in Stillwater.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
GT still has Danny Hall and Florida has absolutely no pitching. That's a very favorable regional.

I want nothing to do with Arkansas.

jho

Reaction Score
You know it doesn't look like it would be big enough, at least as initially built. Then again, the smaller stands would make the crowd look better on TV (or internet.)
As I understand it, the new field will have a hill beyond the grandstand on the first base side and in right field that can accommodate spectators.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

New projections by BaseballAmerica has UConn as #2 in the Atlanta Regional w/ #9 overall seed Georgia Tech, #3 Florida and #4 Stetson. All spitballing till Selection Monday.

ECU hosting but down to the #11 overall seed.
UCF in Fayetville as the #3seed and Houston as the #3 in Stillwater.

GT and UF in the tourney...sounds awfully familiar.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
As I understand it, the new field will have a hill beyond the grandstand on the first base side and in right field that can accommodate spectators.
Yep. A hill. [shrug]

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Exactly zero postseason FBS and MBB games take place on campus. So *of course* the NCAA would care very much about this as a principle in the isolated context of UConn’s bid to host a regional.

Schools aren’t even in session. So every campus is essentially empty. What a moronic position for the NCAA to take if true no idea who this a$$wipe Aaron Fitt is.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Schools aren’t even in session. So every campus is essentially empty. What a moronic position for the NCAA to take if true no idea who this a$$wipe Aaron Fitt is.

Co-editor of the biggest college baseball site in the country...

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Exactly zero postseason FBS and MBB games take place on campus. So *of course* the NCAA would care very much about this as a principle in the isolated context of UConn’s bid to host a regional.

NCAA prez and UCONN antagonist Mark "The Antichrist" Emmert strikes again, in strange and mysterious ways.

Reaction Score
Updated base on recent conference tournament results: College Baseball Projected Field Of 64: May 24 • D1Baseball

UConn projected as the 2 seed in the Nashville Regional w/ host Vanderbilt (which D1 projects as the #2 overall seed). UConn is matched against #3 Samford while Vandy has Southern University.

ECU is projected as the #9 overall seed.
Houston is the #3 seed in Lubbock
UCF as the #3 seed in Atlanta.

Last Five In: 60. Texas State, 61. Florida, 62. Houston, 63. UCF, 64. UC Irvine
First Five Out: 65. Missouri, 66. Southern Miss, 67. Liberty, 68. Arizona, 69. Oklahoma

Heck - there are some brackets I'd rather be the #3 seed based on match-ups

In today's projection, Houston is the last at large team in the field, and UCF next to last.

Also, there is the Stolen Bid Watch:

>Stolen Bid Watch
No bids were “stolen” Saturday by the elimination of strong at-large candidates in conferences that would otherwise be one-bid leagues. That leaves BYU and Texas State as the only two regular-season champions in projected one-bid leagues that have moved onto the at-large bubble so far.

Overall, Saturday brought good news for bubble teams, as Creighton and Fresno State both followed up their regular-season conference titles with conference tourney crowns, keeping them out of the at-large pool and ensuring the Big East and Mountain West will remain one-bid leagues.

But bubble teams aren’t out of the woods yet, as teams outside at-large range could steal swoop in and grab automatic bids Sunday in the American (Cincinnati), A-Sun (Stetson), Big 12 (TCU, though the Frogs have played their way back onto the bubble) and Big Ten (the winner of the Ohio State/Minnesota semifinal). Also keep an eye on Conference USA, where Southern Miss remains one of our first five teams outside the field of 64, but could snag the auto bid and turn C-USA into a two-bid league if it takes down FAU in Sunday’s final.<

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Given my Pirates will likely be rained out today, nice to see UConn/Cincy game is on ESPNews.

EDIT: Well, I thought I could watch it, but turns out ESPNews is a pixellated, sound-less mess. Thanks Verizon!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He is fantastic, I do not understand why people on here dislike him. He and Kendall praise us on their site at every reasonable opportunity.

Ya. Aaron Fitt is saying what he thinks the (idiot) Selection Committee will do. He is not personally against us hosting off-campus. D1Baseball is very complimentary towards UConn and the AAC.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ya. Aaron Fitt is saying what he thinks the (idiot) Selection Committee will do. He is not personally against us hosting off-campus. D1Baseball is very complimentary towards UConn and the AAC.

Fair enough. But since schools aren’t in session, on campus priority is asinine.

Reaction Score
Only Regional site UConn can’t end up in is Greenville (ECU):

>>The remaining at-large teams, top-16 national seeds, first-round regional pairings and site assignments will be announced at noon (ET), Monday, May 27. The one-hour program will be shown live on ESPNU. The committee will set the entire 64-team bracket through both the super regionals and the first round of the Men’s College World Series and will not reseed the field after play begins. <<

Reaction Score
Only Regional site UConn can’t end up in is Greenville (ECU):

>>The remaining at-large teams, top-16 national seeds, first-round regional pairings and site assignments will be announced at noon (ET), Monday, May 27. The one-hour program will be shown live on ESPNU. The committee will set the entire 64-team bracket through both the super regionals and the first round of the Men’s College World Series and will not reseed the field after play begins. <<

When was the last time a Northeast team (Maryland and North) hosted a regional? All of the hosts are South or West. Plus, their new field whose only holds 3,500, sits on the otherside fo the river from the WVU campus where student live and is not even in Morgantown. Not sure I would consider West Virginia, which is more culturally a mix of Midwest and South than Northeast.

Reaction Score
When was the last time a Northeast team (Maryland and North) hosted a regional? All of the hosts are South or West. Plus, their new field whose only holds 3,500, sits on the otherside fo the river from the WVU campus where student live and is not even in Morgantown. Not sure I would consider West Virginia, which is more culturally a mix of Midwest and South than Northeast.

UConn/Norwich in 2010 is the only recent one I can remember. There have been some mid-west sites over the years.

As far as WVA - it’s their home field if your trying to make an on campus vs off campus point.

Reaction Score
Lastest and final update from Baseball America: 2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament Projected Field of 64

UConn as the #2 in the Stanford Regional w/ host Stanford (#10 overall seed), Duke (#3 seed and Sacramento State the #4 seed.

Last Four In
Central Florida ⬆
Florida
Duke
Michigan

First Four Out
Houston ⬇
Brigham Young ⬇
Arizona ⬇
Texas State

Next Four Out
UC Irvine
Boston College
Texas Christian
Virginia

Reaction Score
I would take Atlanta also. I don't want any part of Athens or Nashville. Georgia and Vandy are both real good.

Reaction Score
I would take Atlanta also. I don't want any part of Athens or Nashville. Georgia and Vandy are both real good.

In the projection -> poor CCSU gets UCLA and Quinnipiac gets Vanderbilt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom