Wins needed for 2019 NCAA Bid | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Wins needed for 2019 NCAA Bid

Reaction Score
When was the last time a Northeast team (Maryland and North) hosted a regional? All of the hosts are South or West. Plus, their new field whose only holds 3,500, sits on the otherside fo the river from the WVU campus where student live and is not even in Morgantown. Not sure I would consider West Virginia, which is more culturally a mix of Midwest and South than Northeast.

Last season Minnesota hosted a regional. Not in the northeast, but certainly northern.

Reaction Score
You know it doesn't look like it would be big enough, at least as initially built. Then again, the smaller stands would make the crowd look better on TV (or internet.)

I don't know enough about the new stadium. So I could be wrong about the prospect of future regionals there.

Reaction Score
Given my Pirates will likely be rained out today, nice to see UConn/Cincy game is on ESPNews.

EDIT: Well, I thought I could watch it, but turns out ESPNews is a pixellated, sound-less mess. Thanks Verizon!

You own the Pirates?

Reaction Score

D1Baseball’s final projections has UConn has the #3 seed in the Oxford Mississippi Regional w/ host Ole Miss (projected as the #16 overall nationally seed). The #2 seed is Miami and the #4 is Jacksonville State.

ECU still hosting and Cincinnati gets the # 3 seed in Nashville.

LAST FIVE IN:
60. Florida State
61. Clemson
62. Duke
63. BYU
64. Florida
FIRST FIVE OUT:
65. Texas State
66. UCF
67. Houston
68. Missouri
69. UC Irvine

Reaction Score
Yup. I don't brag about it because every time I do, people just get pissed off about what a cheap bastard I am.

Can I hit you up for some tickets when the Mets visit in August? I can do it on the down low.

Reaction Score
You know it doesn't look like it would be big enough, at least as initially built. Then again, the smaller stands would make the crowd look better on TV (or internet.)

My understanding is that minimum seating capacities to host NCAA events were incorporated during design for baseball & softball stadiums. That should not be an issue. I was part of the initial feasibility study committee; the end product turned out different from the initial concept but being able to host NCAA events was a primary goal/objective.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know enough about the new stadium. So I could be wrong about the prospect of future regionals there.

Don't know what they are looking for for capacity. It's definitely great looking though.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Can I hit you up for some tickets when the Mets visit in August? I can do it on the down low.

I just told you I'm a cheap bastard. There are no freebies.

Reaction Score
View attachment 43537
Don't know what they are looking for for capacity. It's definitely great looking though.

They look for seating capacity of 3k but it is not a hard and fast requirement. UCLA is hosting a Regional and Jackie Robinson Stadium (off campus - home stadium) seats 1800. Minnesota's home field seating capacity for the Regional last year was under 1500.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom