Winning over fans | The Boneyard

Winning over fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I've been meaning to share this and finally got the chance.

My wife and I live in the Natti. We had a family of 5 as house guests for a few days including the night of the Natl. Championship game. Both my wife and I made sure everyone knew that we were watching the lead in and the game.
Our guests reluctantly agreed but said, although they were big IU basketball fans (they are from Indy) they didn't have a very high opinion of womens' BB.
During the Nat Anthem, all our girls had their hands respectfully over their hearts while the LVille players didn't and were not really attentive. For them, it was a big selling point for UConn and the way the program is presented. Between that, our input, and the game, there are now 5 more UConn WBB fans in the world.
The Dad is an orthopedic doc and was just stunned the Steph could even walk, never mind compete, with her injuries. They were all blown away with the skill and effort the girls played with and especially their comportment. They think Geno is hoot, and a hell of a coach too.
Needless to say, they all love Kelly and are going to follow her career with the Sun and we're all planning on going together to Nashville next year.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
what did they think of that "lil something"

Reaction Score
I never liked uconn as a kid probably cause they always won lol( just like my hate for the yankees). Now older I like both uconn teams. Started with kemba and now with this year's women's cbb team. Very fun ladies that love to have fun and work hard. Good for them!

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
I never liked uconn as a kid probably cause they always won lol( just like my hate for the yankees). Now older I like both uconn teams. Started with kemba and now with this year's women's cbb team. Very fun ladies that love to have fun and work hard. Good for them!
Congratulations! Now you just have to start liking the Yankees.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

We don't need to go that far. (But classy of the Yankees to play Sweet Caroline)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
When pigs fly!
images

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score

My wife and I live in the Natti. We had a family of 5 as house guests for a few days including the night of the Natl. Championship game. Both my wife and I made sure everyone knew that we were watching the lead in and the game.
Our guests reluctantly agreed but said, although they were big IU basketball fans (they are from Indy) they didn't have a very high opinion of womens' BB.
During the Nat Anthem, all our girls had their hands respectfully over their hearts while the LVille players didn't and were not really attentive. For them, it was a big selling point for UConn and the way the program is presented. Between that, our input, and the game, there are now 5 more UConn WBB fans in the world.
The Dad is an orthopedic doc and was just stunned the Steph could even walk, never mind compete, with her injuries. They were all blown away with the skill and effort the girls played with and especially their comportment. They think Geno is hoot, and a hell of a coach too.
Needless to say, they all love Kelly and are going to follow her career with the Sun and we're all planning on going together to Nashville next year.
You need to tell me who they are. ...I need more UConn fan friends in Indy...lol

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
the 'Natti is Cincinatti, just as Louisville is "the 'Ville". I guess that means that Chattanooga is "the 'Ooga".;)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Being from The Natti, I assume you were/are fans of Mel Thomas? Are you also aware that her Mom [Mary T] won some kind of contest regarding sausages last year....by singing some song she composed about said product on stage....and either has or will be in a parade trumpeting Cincy's finest patties? Truth is that since she attacked the project with Mel's fervor for getting loose balls the other contestants had no shot at the crown.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score

that is a great note to share- my friends from all over have started watching the nationally televised games and SNY regional games because of me. Most become enomored for the same reasons. How they play, and the class of the program just comes thru in every way. Their conduct before during and after games- win or lose! That is what makes us so fanatical- beyond the winning! And I love the entire womens game because for the most part, there is a different joy for the game and sportsmanship- most of the time.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Being from The Natti, I assume you were/are fans of Mel Thomas? Are you also aware that her Mom [Mary T] won some kind of contest regarding sausages last year....by singing some song she composed about said product on stage....and either has or will be in a parade trumpeting Cincy's finest patties? Truth is that since she attacked the project with Mel's fervor for getting loose balls the other contestants had no shot at the crown.
Oh yes. I've met them all on a number of occasions. They are very nice people. I attended 6 of Mel's games during her senior year, always wearing UConn gear. I think for the first couple of games they thought I was on staff!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Covington, unfortunately, ain't what it used to be. It's almost respectable.
How's Cincy itself? I used to have business trips about 15 years ago for a theatre chain (operating under USA theatres, IIRC, belonged to Loews) and visited a number of suburbs, including Covington (I think the theatre was called the Florence). We had one downtown location that closed quickly, in the "Skywalk" and I remember thinking the area was a bit sleezy. The locations nearer the [beltway?] were nicer. I think the last theatre we had before we left the area was called the Kenmore??

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Very fun [players] that love to have fun and work hard. Good for them!
Hmmm ... doesn't quite fit my definition of the recent Yankee teams!
Maybe 'Very overpaid players who are spoiled, often obnoxious, and tend to behave badly.' But then that just seems to define any male professional team in the major sports. The Yankees do not have a patent on those qualities. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom