Wind barley matters | The Boneyard

Wind barley matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's a coincidence its 24 points in one direction and none in the other today in the first half.

Reaction Score
It's a coincidence its 24 points in one direction and none in the other today in the first half.

Hard to tell, do we actually have an opponent today?

Reaction Score
That was an excellent movie...

MV5BMTc1MjA5ODY2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTk2MTQ1MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR3,0,214,317_.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Uconn took wind in 3rd. Yeah hire TJ.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Are you actually griping about TJ today?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
Are you actually griping about TJ today?

If pointing out a lack of strategy is griping than yeah sure.

Reaction Score
Poor Whalerlawyer. We're blowing a team out and putting it in the air 90% of the time. I guess you can complete passes in December:)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
ZooCougar said:
Poor Whalerlawyer. We're blowing a team out and putting it in the air 90% of the time. I guess you can complete passes in December:)

Oh good now from home in Missouri Zoo is going to get on the Weist train because Memphis stayed in Tennessee for this game.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If pointing out a lack of strategy is griping than yeah sure.

Or perhaps his strategy is to put a boot on Memphis' throat?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
Or perhaps his strategy is to put a boot on Memphis' throat?

I'm sure that was the strategy against Michigan. It's dumb.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
ZooCougar said:
Yeah big leads and offense suck. Are you not getting enough oxygen?

Which has a lot to do with being bright enough to take wind in 4th quarter. How sharp is taking a delay with a FG attempt and punting?

Reaction Score
Which has a lot to do with being bright enough to take wind in 4th quarter. How sharp is taking a delay with a FG attempt and punting?
You are foocking insufferable. Team had a great day. Offense, defense and specials. I come home to the boneyard and see this. You need to get a grip man

Reaction Score
You guys have to understand, Randy Edsall once said, you have to run the ball at the Rent, therefore that has to be where everything starts and ends as far as the UConn offense.

I'm just busting chops, but the ball can be thrown at the rent even under windy conditions. Casey set a school records for passing yards today. More balance would be better, but we should never digress to the Edsall offensive philosophy of 180 yds rushing and 110 yds passing as the norm. Not if you want to attract kids like Lamelle and Bradley, and even more talented wideouts as you go forward.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You guys have to understand, Randy Edsall once said, you have to run the ball at the Rent, therefore that has to be where everything starts and ends as far as the UConn offense.

I'm just busting chops, but the ball can be thrown at the rent even under windy conditions. Casey set a school records for passing yards today. More balance would be better, but we should never digress to the Edsall offensive philosophy of 180 yds rushing and 110 yds passing as the norm. Not if you want to attract kids like Lamelle and Bradley, and even more talented wideouts as you go forward.

I've always subscribed to the philosophy of "Do what the other team doesn't want you to do." Sometimes that means you run the ball on them for 200+ yards. Sometimes that means throw the ball until your arm falls off. Quite frankly, I like an offense that does both relatively well, and that knows when to use it. Memphis wasn't going to give us the ground game, so we chewed them up in the air. Similar to the Rutgers game. The Temple game? We turned that one around on the ground. Too much is made about having to be one style or the other....just do what the other team doesn't want you to do...

Reaction Score
I've always subscribed to the philosophy of "Do what the other team doesn't want you to do." Sometimes that means you run the ball on them for 200+ yards. Sometimes that means throw the ball until your arm falls off. Quite frankly, I like an offense that does both relatively well, and that knows when to use it. Memphis wasn't going to give us the ground game, so we chewed them up in the air. Similar to the Rutgers game. The Temple game? We turned that one around on the ground. Too much is made about having to be one style or the other....just do what the other team doesn't want you to do...
I agree. The only thing I'll add, is that next year we will have our most talented compliment of wide receivers in program history. Big, physical, fast, strong, quick, shifty. We have all angles covered. Oline will be obviously be the key.

Reaction Score
Whaler needs an enema.

Dan,

You mean we should be flexible? How novel! Lol. It's been so refreshing to watch Day and Weist actually make adjustments and adapt to what the other team was doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom