Williams, Walker and ONO to compete at USA 3x3 Championships | The Boneyard

Williams, Walker and ONO to compete at USA 3x3 Championships

Reaction Score
I guess Danger was busy? Or maybe some other playing experience this summer? I wonder what led to the fourth choice for the team from USF. You think it was supposed to be Coombs until she decided to transfer?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
This is great for Megan, Christyn and Ono as they get plenty of experience playing together and each being responsible for scoring points and playing defense. They can't defer to KLS, Napheesa or Crystal to score points in order to win games.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t be surprised if Geno made a call to his good friend Jose looking for a 4th player to join the UConn trio. Harvey was on the AAC all freshman team and she is a great addition to the 3x3 team.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The teams from Oregon, Texas and Stanford will be competitive. A good time to be in Las Vegas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
The teams from Oregon and Stanford will be competitive. A good time to be in Las Vegas.
I wasn’t that impressed with the Stanford roster. The two teams that will be selected could be talented, one could be a super team depending on how selected.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
We have:

Myah Taylor
Bre'Amber Scott
Andra Espinoza-Hunter
Jessika Carter

I might go see this. Sounds like fun!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sabrina , Ruthy and anyone should make them the favorites. They play off each other like telepaths.

UConn has great talent but not the experience in this type of game.

By the way, what is the meaning of the

2019 USA Women’s 3x3 Minicamp Roster. ???

Also some potential matchup heat.

ONO vs Collier
AEH vs anyone.

Reaction Score
Sabrina , Ruthy and anyone should make them the favorites. They play off each other like telepaths.

UConn has great talent but not the experience in this type of game.

By the way, what is the meaning of the

2019 USA Women’s 3x3 Minicamp Roster. ???

Also some potential matchup heat.

ONO vs Collier
AEH vs anyone.
The mini camp is basically 8 players and then they will be split into two teams of 4. At least thats how I took it. Slocum, Alarie, Onyenwere, and Howard could be really good.

The two teams with 30+ y/o ladies is funny:D

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I thought this might get more air time than the U18 3 x 3 but apparently not. :(

The women’s championship game, which will be streamed live online at usab.com/live, is set to tip at 10 p.m. (Sat May 4)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The mini camp is basically 8 players and then they will be split into two teams of 4. At least thats how I took it. Slocum, Alarie, Onyenwere, and Howard could be really good.

The two teams with 30+ y/o ladies is funny:D

I decided to read the information page. :oops::oops:
and can confirm your answer

Arriving in Las Vegas for a May 1-2 minicamp are eight athletes who submitted applications and were accepted by USA Basketball to compete in the tournament. The eight who will be divided into two teams for the USA 3x3 Nationals following the minicamp

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I thought this might get more air time than the U18 3 x 3 but apparently not. :(

The women’s championship game, which will be streamed live online at usab.com/live, is set to tip at 10 p.m. (Sat May 4)

10 pm PDT/1 am EDT

Reaction Score
Question about logistics. Who coaches them? Will one of the assistants such as Lister go with them or will they get an assigned coach when they get there?

Reaction Score
Question about logistics. Who coaches them? Will one of the assistants such as Lister go with them or will they get an assigned coach when they get there?

There is not much coaching involved in 3x3, basically just like a pick up game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
There is not much coaching involved in 3x3, basically just like a pick up game.
Didn't Kara Lawson "coach" the last youth Team USA 3X3 team?

Reaction Score
Enough Micky "D" All Americans to fill a golden arch and no team from Tennessee ??? :confused: :confused:

Reaction Score
Enough Micky "D" All Americans to fill a golden arch and no team from Tennessee ??? :confused: :confused:
You would think with the coaching they’ve had, they would be accustomed to playing as if only 3 members of the team were on the court

Reaction Score
I wish all of the UConn players great success in this endeavor. I also hope that no one is injured in such a manner that they can lose their participation for a part or all of the coming season.

Reaction Score
This should be fun. With all the different sports networks, I'm surprised one of them isn't picking this up.

Reaction Score
How they perform in this tournament will give us some insight into how good UConn will be for next season. A good performance will speak loudly as will a bad performance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom