Williams, Walker and ONO to compete at USA 3x3 Championships | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Williams, Walker and ONO to compete at USA 3x3 Championships

Reaction Score
Watched the stream for Maryland vs. Defend. Bella Alarie is so talented. Not many 6’4s can do wht she can. Of course Stewie could. She would have fit in well here IMO.

With Banghart gone, perhaps Bella would like to try for an NC:D

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just saw the final live. High quality game. Ionescu and Howard were absolutely incredible trading haymaker 2pt shots. On the other hand, Ionescu can drive on anyone.

21-20 OU wins with 13 seconds left when Ionescu drives and is fouled at 20-20 and calmly sinks the FT. A stud.

Link to finals (Men and Women)

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I know this was supposed to be 3x3 but it appears that in the championship game it was 1x3 as Ionescu had 17 of her team’s 21 pts, including the game winner, while assisting on the other 4.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I know this was supposed to be 3x3 but it appears that in the championship game it was 1x3 as Ionescu had 17 of her team’s 21 pts, including the game winner, while assisting on the other 4.

Her shot range is Steph Curry like and you cant play off her. The she blows by you and can take it her self or pass off. When you speak DT, she is the real successor.

I was surprised how well Rhyne Howard played. Don't know her stats in the game but as I said in an earlier post, she was almost matching Sabrina shot for shot with a lot of deep balls as well.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Her shot range is Steph Curry like and you cant play off her. The she blows by you and can take it her self or pass off. When you speak DT, she is the real successor.

I was surprised how well Rhyne Howard played. Don't know her stats in the game but as I said in an earlier post, she was almost matching Sabrina shot for shot with a lot of deep balls as well.
I honestly believe that UConn’s additions over the past week or so, maybe with one more transfer to come, will give the Huskies a legitimate opportunity to hunt a 12th championship. But the road to a championship this coming year goes through OR and Ms Ionescu. I’m not sure you can stop her, so the only way to beat OR is to hit more Big Shots down the stretch. With that in mind, I’m looking for Christyn to be our unstoppable force next season.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score

I couldn't agree more. Even though this is Oregon's second straight win in the national 3x3 tournament, the team it fielded (the only US players available due to injuries to both Erin Boley and Taylor Chavez) was anything but a well balanced 3x3 team: one guard + 3 inside players who, given their lack of anything resembling an outside (or even a midrange) shot could never be considered a stretch anything. On paper, they had no business winning or even placing. But, one might say, they had Ionescu and Drive didn't. On the other hand, Howard looked great to me.

Reaction Score
I couldn't agree more. Even though this is Oregon's second straight win in the national 3x3 tournament, the team it fielded (the only US players available due to injuries to both Erin Boley and Taylor Chavez) was anything but a well balanced 3x3 team: one guard + 3 inside players who, given their lack of anything resembling an outside (or even a midrange) shot could never be considered a stretch anything. On paper, they had no business winning or even placing. But, one might say, they had Ionescu and Drive didn't. On the other hand, Howard looked great to me.
Lol

Reaction Score
Yeah last night’s championship game was pretty funny the way Oregon’s strategy was to get the ball into Ionescu’s hands at every instance. The Drive team should have done the same a little more with Howard, likely would have resulted in a win for them.

Reaction Score
For Howard to have been ranked so low by hoopgurlz, I’m not understanding how. The closet things to her this season were Christyn and NaLyssa Smith and maybe Balogun. Clearly she was the better freshman of them all.

Looking over rankings, Tennessee missed out on a lot of players from the 2018 class that lived in the state.

Reaction Score
For Howard to have been ranked so low by hoopgurlz, I’m not understanding how. The closet things to her this season were Christyn and NaLyssa Smith and maybe Balogun. Clearly she was the better freshman of them all.

Looking over rankings, Tennessee missed out on a lot of players from the 2018 class that lived in the state.

Those were the girls that knew they didn’t want to play for Holly

Reaction Score
Yeah last night’s championship game was pretty funny the way Oregon’s strategy was to get the ball into Ionescu’s hands at every instance. The Drive team should have done the same a little more with Howard, likely would have resulted in a win for them.

Drive had more balanced scoring (I wouldn't have known that by reading the comments here) and probably would've have won if played Bailey, Howard, and Slocum the whole game together.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom