Williams, Walker and ONO to compete at USA 3x3 Championships | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Williams, Walker and ONO to compete at USA 3x3 Championships

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
How they perform in this tournament will give us some insight into how good UConn will be for next season. A good performance will speak loudly as will a bad performance.
While I hope they do well and have fun, I don’t necessarily believe that how they do in this tournament has any bearing on next season. This is pickup playground ball, not 5 on 5 WBB.

The one thing that I do hope comes out of the tournament is that the 3 UConn players all get more comfortable with each other on and off the court. That’s something they can build on next season.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
While I hope they do well and have fun, I don’t necessarily believe that how they do in this tournament has any bearing on next season. This is pickup playground ball, not 5 on 5 WBB.

The one thing that I do hope comes out of the tournament is that the 3 UConn players all get more comfortable with each other on and off the court. That’s something they can build on next season.

Yes, this kind of informal, quick-moving competition will enable them to "see" each other, anticipate each others' movements, habits, preferences. Should make them much more comfortable on the floor together. Barring injuries, there's no downside.

Reaction Score
I wish all of the UConn players great success in this endeavor. I also hope that no one is injured in such a manner that they can lose their participation for a part or all of the coming season.

agreed......................injuries are always a concern.................these 3x3 off season tournaments make me especially nervous...........as opposed to competing as part of the national team which only makes me slightly nervous.........................:(

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UConn is in Pool E with Texas, NC State and a team named Still Ballin'.

UConn's first game is Friday at 4pm vs Texas (Holmes, Collier, Sutton & Warren).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Our first game is Texas - Connecticut . I guess we can micro-analyze the ONO-Collier Matchup. :eek:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
By the way, I am not sure how substitutions work in the 3 x 3 format. I think their are no coaches at this level and I guess you have a set number of timeouts to make subs but do the players mainly sub out for being tired? Are they trying to
work matchups? Can a second team call a time out to answer a change in roster with one of their own?

Not very coherent questions :oops: but ......

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
By the way, I am not sure how substitutions work in the 3 x 3 format. I think their are no coaches at this level and I guess you have a set number of timeouts to make subs but do the players mainly sub out for being tired? Are they trying to
work matchups? Can a second team call a time out to answer a change in roster with one of their own?

Not very coherent questions :oops: but .
From what I’ve seen, there are no in game coaches and the players manage their own substitutions, which can happen after a made basket or any other stoppage of play.

Reaction Score
I wonder which one is the extrovert? :rolleyes:

One thing that has always confused me about Megan is how shy and reserved she seems to be. I would have thought based on her high school senior year reputation, with a Megatron nickname, and wanting to build her brand that she would be a little more out there.

Reaction Score
This should be good for building chemistry next season. Let’s go UCONN!!!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
From what I’ve seen, there are no in game coaches and the players manage their own substitutions, which can happen after a made basket or any other stoppage of play.
At this level I believe you are correct - no coach. At the next level playing against teams from other countries I believe there is a coach. See As A Player, Broadcaster And Now Coach, Kara Lawson Is A Leader Of Girls And Women
"Lawson, 37, spends her time leading the U.S. women’s 3x3 basketball team and serving as the primary analyst for the Washington Wizards, just the second woman to hold that job in the NBA."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Oh Poop. Low scoring affair.

Texas 13, Connecticut 12 (OT)

See what Texas can do without a coach.

This link points to the scores to this point

2019 USA Women's 3x3 Open National Championship Schedule

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One thing that has always confused me about Megan is how shy and reserved she seems to be. I would have thought based on her high school senior year reputation, with a Megatron nickname, and wanting to build her brand that she would be a little more out there.
Megan is unique. She’s an honors student, thoughtful and certainly reserved. I tend to believe that she’s the person least likely to be recognized as the smartest person in the room, even though she’s usually the smartest person in the room.

Reaction Score
Me too, I don’t necessarily care if she’s turn into Stefanie Dolson personality wise, I just want her to leave that reserved, timid energy for the personality and be extroverted, confident in her game. I just know it’s more there.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Re
Really surprised by how well Stanford is doing given that our 3x3 team includes only one of our starters and no one over 6'1. I was not expecting that at all - but I'll take it.

Stanford squeeks out another one. Stanford 16, DePaul 14 (OT)

Must be using some advanced math. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom