Williams should play. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Williams should play.

Reaction Score
Williams should be playing more. That being said, KO put him in the game and left him in the game. That's all you can really ask considering the fact that we're talking about a guy who had been very limited coming into this game.

Playing well in a pinch when you're down 20 is one thing. Sustaining it over the course of several games is quite another. There have been times this season when the board has bashed Ollie for not playing Williams, Polley, Whaley, and Diarra enough, and while I agree that the minute management has been less than ideal, at some point you have to accept the fact that none of these players are good. You can start Williams next game if you want, but chances are we're going to get blown out again and then someone else will have the pleasure of playing with the Michael Jordan of garbage time to up their numbers.
Everything you said would make sense if it wasn’t DO taking his minutes. If KW is limited then what is DO.

Reaction Score
Williams should be playing more. That being said, KO put him in the game and left him in the game. That's all you can really ask considering the fact that we're talking about a guy who had been very limited coming into this game.

Playing well in a pinch when you're down 20 is one thing. Sustaining it over the course of several games is quite another. There have been times this season when the board has bashed Ollie for not playing Williams, Polley, Whaley, and Diarra enough, and while I agree that the minute management has been less than ideal, at some point you have to accept the fact that none of these players are good. You can start Williams next game if you want, but chances are we're going to get blown out again and then someone else will have the pleasure of playing with the Michael Jordan of garbage time to up their numbers.
I would rather take that chance on Williams at this point in the season. Let see what he can do over the course of a full game. At least he gives us life out there

Reaction Score
Would like to give Whaley, Williams, Polley, Vital and Jalen the start this week.

Then on the weekend against Houston I would like to see the biggest blizzard in Texas history and our guys just can’t get there.:eek:

Reaction Score

Thankfully Onuorah gets more minutes than Kwintin and Diarra. After all, he is a big part of our future.

Reaction Score
Folks were saying that about Whaley for a while, then they were saying it for Diarra, now we're saying it for Williams. We have a new garbage time hero every few games.
Eh, he's showing a willingness to play hard every chance he got.

Reaction Score
There was one moment in particular that I really liked where Memphis had the ball down low and Williams ran over to double, arms straight up in perfect defensive position.

In the 6 games in which Williams has played in 9+ minutes, Williams has 28 with a rebounding rate of 14.9 boards/40 minutes. Last I checked, this team is one of the worst rebounding teams in the country, and Williams could help. He's offensive game is lacking, but it doesn't take a lot of basketball IQ to grab a defensive board, give the ball up to your best ball handler and move quickly into an offensive possession. Good offense starts with good defense and I think Williams could help with ending the opponent's possessions and eliminating second chance points.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Folks were saying that about Whaley for a while, then they were saying it for Diarra, now we're saying it for Williams. We have a new garbage time hero every few games.

Wrong. He turned a garbage game into a decent show. And Jalen can’t just float for extended periods. All comes back to the demands of the coach.

However,today was basically the consistent KO game. Inconsistent effort for long stretches during almost every game regardless of who is on the floor.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He has no skill, but plays with tremendous energy and toughness.

He should get minutes over other guys (read: Larrier) if for no other reason than to send a message and set a tone about what kind of effort is expected.

Comparable to an entry level worker who out works and out performs all the sheepskins.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Each time there's a shot of DO's back and I see the rippling physique, I mean he might be the greatest physical specimen in the league and he plays like a little mouse. I agree w/ all, for KW and Diarra not to get significantly more playing time than they currently get is so curious. Makes you wonder if the game was being thrown. When DO is in there it is always 4 vs. 5. Summer league, 4 v. 5. Pickup 4 v. 5, reunion game 4 v. 5. I wanted to call someone in Storrs, a decisionmaker in the AD's office and deliver this diatribe. Couldn't think of a number, so here it is BY. Thank you and my apologies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thankfully Onuorah gets more minutes than Kwintin and Diarra. After all, he is a big part of our future.
Yes, I can see that if you're concentrating on him now, you'll probably be bringing him up in the future.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It was a joke. The battle is over. Time for the Boneyard to come together as one.
I've trying this for almost a month. Some progress, but a lot of posters aren't very coachable. It's the best way we (Boneyarders) can close out the season.

Reaction Score
Everything you said would make sense if it wasn’t DO taking his minutes. If KW is limited then what is DO.

I would rather take that chance on Williams at this point in the season. Let see what he can do over the course of a full game. At least he gives us life out there

I will grant you that Onuorah playing the minutes he does is inexplicable. Only thing I can think of is he's one of only two pure centers on the roster and Ollie doesn't want to use Williams/Whaley/Diarra at center.

Reaction Score
He didn't get more PT because he has less skill than the starting players. What he does bring is energy and relentless rebounding effort and we haven't seen much of that.

Reaction Score
He didn't get more PT because he has less skill than the starting players. What he does bring is energy and relentless rebounding effort and we haven't seen much of that.

Less skill than the starting players like DO and Whaley? They both have started many games. Are you saying rebounding isn't a skill? Because he is a way better rebounder than both of them. Ollie insinuated he isn't playing because of practice and not skill level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom