Williams PT tonight | The Boneyard

Williams PT tonight

Reaction Score
If Ollie came out and said he didn’t play Williams because of the boneyard I think I’d respect it more than anything he’s done the past couple of years.

that would be hilarious

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Still has to be about practice time, but in my opinion, what you do on the court during game time should matter as well.

Reaction Score
Still has to be about practice time, but in my opinion, what you do on the court during game time should matter as well.
Agree, at some point you have to also consider what the court performance is and unless Polley and DO are having the world's greatest practices, there's absolutely ZERO justification for both continuing to get consistent PT over Williams.

Reaction Score
Agree, at some point you have to also consider what the court performance is and unless Polley and DO are having the world's greatest practices, there's absolutely ZERO justification for both continuing to get consistent PT over Williams.
I think KO had a solid overall game but DO just can’t be getting minutes over the younger guys, who need as much floor time as possible for next year. The sequence between DO and AA in the first half that went horribly wrong perfectly epitomized this season.

Reaction Score
I think KO had a solid overall game but DO just can’t be getting minutes over the younger guys, who need as much floor time as possible for next year. The sequence between DO and AA in the first half that went horribly wrong perfectly epitomized this season.
I hate to say this because they do seem like genuinely good teammates but this offseason's biggest addition will be DO and AA leaving the roster.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Outside of some rebounds when the opponent has taken their foot off the gas up 25, what has Williams done this year?

He looks like he’s landed on another planet nearly every time he’s gotten into a game.

Reaction Score
I hate to say this because they do seem like genuinely good teammates but this offseason's biggest addition will be DO and AA leaving the roster.
I feel bad hating on kids who practice hard every day and give it their all on the court, as it seems these two kids do. It’s just a glaring reflection of the state of the program when two grad transfers of this caliber actually start. Anderson hit some big two pointers tonight, and an important corner 3. It’s not his fault that he’s relied on this heavily, when in reality he should be a fourth guard at best.

Reaction Score
Can't understand the complaint here. I mean, they played about as well as they can play tonight, especially on D. Bad rebounding, mediocre shooting, and some spastic attempts, but I liked the tempo.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Outside of some rebounds when the opponent has taken their foot off the gas up 25, what has Williams done this year?

He looks like he’s landed on another planet nearly every time he’s gotten into a game.
And yet strangely refreshing when he crouches and pushes a pass around the top of the key, like someone eager to be given an opportunity to try out something new.

Reaction Score
I feel bad hating on kids who practice hard every day and give it their all on the court, as it seems these two kids do. It’s just a glaring reflection of the state of the program when two grad transfers of this caliber actually start. Anderson hit some big two pointers tonight, and an important corner 3. It’s not his fault that he’s relied on this heavily, when in reality he should be a fourth guard at best.
I understand that Anderson specifically was thrust into a larger role than expected this season with AG's injury, and I don't fault either of them for having the skill level they do. The fault here lies on KO for bringing these guys on board into a situation where it's very difficult to excel. Neither are UConn-caliber players, much less AAC-caliber players. They were best suited for the level of play they were at at Fordham and Cornell, as low-level D1 programs.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I understand that Anderson specifically was thrust into a larger role than expected this season with AG's injury, and I don't fault either of them for having the skill level they do. The fault here lies on KO for bringing these guys on board into a situation where it's very difficult to excel. Neither are UConn-caliber players, much less AAC-caliber players. They were best suited for the level of play they were at at Fordham and Cornell, as low-level D1 programs.

Low-major grad transfers can easily do well at high-major programs. The two we happened to bring aboard just didn’t fit into that category.

Reaction Score
Happy with the win but not happy with Williams playing time. Ridiculous he only played 4 minutes coming off the game he had. The Williams/ Diarra combo needs to be on the floor more minutes.

Did you actually watch any of the game? If you did it should be more than obvious why he didn't play. This coming from one who really likes his enthusiasm and team spirit. He has no idea what he is doing on the bball court.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

I think DO only started this game because it was senior night.

Reaction Score
Did you actually watch any of the game? If you did it should be more than obvious why he didn't play. This coming from one who really likes his enthusiasm and team spirit. He has no idea what he is doing on the bball court.

I would argue that he does have some idea what he is doing as evidenced by 7 points and 7 rebounds in 10 minutes against Memphis. Who cares if he is a bit raw, the productivity is good.

Reaction Score
I would argue that he does have some idea what he is doing as evidenced by 7 points and 7 rebounds in 10 minutes against Memphis. Who cares if he is a bit raw, the productivity is good.
Exactly. I completely disagree with Fishy and others who say he’s completely clueless. He’s obviously very raw but for a team pretty limited in talent and upside, he’s one of the few guys who possesses both while playing like a man. Let the kid play already, especially over David Freakin Onourah.

Reaction Score
KW was not a happy guy on the bench the other night, visibly upset when other big were going in and not him.

Reaction Score
KW was not a happy guy on the bench the other night, visibly upset when other big were going in and not him.

If I had 7 and 7 in 10 minutes and then hardly played in the next game, I wouldn't be too happy either.

And after 30 games there still isn't a set starting lineup or rotation. Despite a total of 12 points and 9 rebounds over an 8 game stretch, David Onuorah remains an Ollie favorite. Stunning.

Reaction Score
If I had 7 and 7 in 10 minutes and then hardly played in the next game, I wouldn't be too happy either.

And after 30 games there still isn't a set starting lineup or rotation. Despite a total of 12 points and 9 rebounds over an 8 game stretch, David Onuorah remains an Ollie favorite. Stunning.

He stayed with the 3 guard line up for the majority of the game leaving 2 spots only to sub from. Larrier continues to get big minutes, granted he makes a couple shots but he gives up so many on the other end too people go by him like he's sanding still (he is sometime) and yes, David gets minutes which should be whoever is playing well from the 4 some of Diarra, Whaley, Williams and Carlton. Diarra showed some good things the other night he certainly deserved more time. It is quite puzzling I'd say. But they won so...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom