Will you watch Alabama-Clemson? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Will you watch Alabama-Clemson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Heisman voters blew it, Deshaun Watson is clearly the best player in college football.

Reaction Score
Caught the 1st and 4th quarters. One of the best bowl games this bowl season.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Heisman voters blew it, Deshaun Watson is clearly the best player in college football.

Maybe you didn't watch McCaffrey, because he is better than Watson.

Reaction Score
I thought Clemson really blew it when they were up 24-21. They had momentum, field position, and they had the ball not just once, but twice with a chance to go up by two scores. You have to step on the other team's throat there and they just weren't able to do it.

One thing seems sure to me, those were the two best teams in the country in that game and it was fun watching the explosiveness that each team brought to the game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I thought Clemson really blew it when they were up 24-21. They had momentum, field position, and they had the ball not just once, but twice with a chance to go up by two scores. You have to step on the other team's throat there and they just weren't able to do it.

One thing seems sure to me, those were the two best teams in the country in that game and it was fun watching the explosiveness that each team brought to the game.

I completely jinxed Clemson at that point. I sent a text to a neighbor saying taking Clemson and the points looked like a great move. All downhill after that.

The back door cover was classic. Never bet your team as a favorite. Think of Bama fans who bet with points and won't fully appreciate the win because of the cover on the TD at the end.

Reaction Score
Great, great game. Almost won my pre-season bet so it was lots of excitement all night. This is what College Football is all about. I want UConn to be a part of that so hope is eternal.
One more thing. I hope the folks who decided not to watch the game are pleased with their decision.
I was thinking about you during the game. I hate the ACC and couldn't root for Clemson but if they won, your good fortune would have been the consolation.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If that clock error hadn't happened... is one thing.

Saban making the call to do the onsides kick is another. That was a momentum changer and the right call at the right time.

Reaction Score
Maybe you didn't watch McCaffrey, because he is better than Watson.
I watched a lot of Christian McCaffrey and Watson is better, McCaffrey would have finished second if I had a Heisman vote.

Reaction Score
Apparently not a lot of people wanted to watch. A ratings bloodbath for ESPN last night. 15.8 rating, below the total for the basketball championship game! Why the game isn't on ABC is puzzling.

polycom

Reaction Score
Apparently not a lot of people wanted to watch. A ratings bloodbath for ESPN last night. 15.8 rating, below the total for the basketball championship game! Why the game isn't on ABC is puzzling.

Over/under on the demise of ESPN... I'll take under 7 years.

Reaction Score
Clemsons defense was awful, I give a lot of credit to Coker but you can't excuse the missed tackles from Clemson, if Clemson gets the ball they win the national championship. Too many big plays given up of course the KO return for TD, the 50 yard TD run, the 50 plus yard screen to the TE.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Because people get ABC by sticking an antenna on their house and that makes it hard to generate billions of dollars to pay the rights fees?

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Clemsons defense was awful, I give a lot of credit to Coker but you can't excuse the missed tackles from Clemson, if Clemson gets the ball they win the national championship. Too many big plays given up of course the KO return for TD, the 50 yard TD run, the 50 plus yard screen to the TE.

What was crazy was that they would completely own the LOS, and then give up a flukey 50 yard TD. Their D played well outside of 6 plays. Too bad they were 6 SCORING plays though :)

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Because people get ABC by sticking an antenna on their house and that makes it hard to generate billions of dollars to pay the rights fees?

Is that rating inclusive of all 16 methods that were available to watch the game, or just ESPN?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is that rating inclusive of all 16 methods that were available to watch the game, or just ESPN?

I saw 15.8 for the 'broadcast' and 16.0 with all the nonsense included.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
I saw 15.8 for the 'broadcast' and 16.0 with all the nonsense included.
Just wondering because I spent most of the time watching the one that had the coaches (Dantonio, McElwain, Muschamp, etc) commenting

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just wondering because I spent most of the time watching the one that had the coaches (Dantonio, McElwain, Muschamp, etc) commenting

I would guess the 15.8 is ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN News, ESPN Classic.

The other .2 is Watch ESPN I'm guessing.

polycom

Reaction Score

I wish they did this for every game..listening to coaches watch a football game was exponentially better than listening to a broadcast crew. However, I wish they made the picture of the coaches smaller than the game so, the view could at least see what was happening with the game.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
I wish they did this for every game..listening to coaches watch a football game was exponentially better than listening to a broadcast crew. However, I wish they made the picture of the coaches smaller than the game so, the view could at least see what was happening with the game.

Agreed, that would be my only gripe. You work with Polycom phones? I sell those things all day every day :)

Reaction Score
I would guess the 15.8 is ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN News, ESPN Classic.

The other .2 is Watch ESPN I'm guessing.
It does not include Watch ESPN as far as I know. I did see in one of the articles that the mobile streaming numbers were very good for ESPN. That said, for the football national championship with one relative outsider and one blue blood to get outdrawn by the basketball national championship also with one relative outsider and one blue blood is astonishing.

Reaction Score
It does not include Watch ESPN as far as I know. I did see in one of the articles that the mobile streaming numbers were very good for ESPN. That said, for the football national championship with one relative outsider and one blue blood to get outdrawn by the basketball national championship also with one relative outsider and one blue blood is astonishing.

Basketball is obviously now driving the bus. P5s will be offering US tons of cash to accept their invite!

polycom

Reaction Score
Agreed, that would be my only gripe. You work with Polycom phones? I sell those things all day every day :)

Ha! Someone figured it out. I was sitting at work one day and that's where it came from.

Reaction Score
Palatine said:
I was thinking about you during the game. I hate the ACC and couldn't root for Clemson but if they won, your good fortune would have been the consolation.

Or a full year of "well I was right on Clemson so..."

Reaction Score
I'm skeptical that the football championship will ever really catch on beyond the hard core. Last year was a curiosity but this year was more normal. It drags out to long and drags into the NFL playoffs which utterly dominate it. Plus it is not helpful to have 2 southern teams, one of whom isn't even the biggest name in its own league. Big fans and Pac fans have moved on to basketball now that the Rose bowl is over. B12 have too.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
I'm skeptical that the football championship will ever really catch on beyond the hard core. Last year was a curiosity but this year was more normal. It drags out to long and drags into the NFL playoffs which utterly dominate it. Plus it is not helpful to have 2 southern teams, one of whom isn't even the biggest name in its own league. Big fans and Pac fans have moved on to basketball now that the Rose bowl is over. B12 have too.
I think it will ebb and flow depending on who is in the game. Michigan vs USC? Texas vs Ohio State? Huge ratings most likely.

Baylor vs Florida State? Uh oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01