Will we ever see Gilbert again | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will we ever see Gilbert again

pj

Reaction Score
@Chief00, you may be an insider with Andre Drummond but are you an insider with Alterique Gilbert and his medical advisors? Does he have shoulder instability or just inflammation in a stable shoulder due to normal tissue rubbing on/adhering to scar tissue? How bad is the inflammation, is it just discomfort and weakness that he can play through or is it disabling? If you don't know the answers to these questions then you are just guessing what he should do like the rest of us.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Gilbert shouldn’t come back this season because it’s not in his long term health interest to do so. Yes, the coach needs to guide him to make the right decision not an emotional one.

I have known Andre since he was in junior HS and was the poster who said in August 2011 that he would be enrolling in classes for the Fall semester. You are basically clueless.
You should stick closer to church-oriented social activities.

Want a donut?

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Gilbert shouldn’t come back this season because it’s not in his long term health interest to do so. Yes, the coach needs to guide him to make the right decision not an emotional one.

I have known Andre since he was in junior HS and was the poster who said in August 2011 that he would be enrolling in classes for the Fall semester. You are basically clueless.

Chief its a shoulder injury. What are the long term health issues from a sports shoulder injury?
It's not a enlarged heart or anything like that . Once he stops playing it won't be an issue.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Chief its a shoulder injury. What are long term health issues from a sports shoulder injury?
It's not a enlarged heart or anything like that . Once he stops playing it won't be an issue.
Long-term effects if it's a serious injury that is made worse are lack of mobility of the arm, chronic pain, continuous surgeries, etc. All potential outcomes and not guaranteed, but on the table if mismanaged. Forget his playing career being over, it'd be a quality of life issue for him.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Why are you all engaging with someone who thinks concussions are taken far too seriously these days on the topic of sports medicine?
So you are saying he is casual when it come to concussions?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Why are you all engaging with someone who thinks concussions are taken far too seriously these days on the topic of sports medicine?
His hot First Night takes redeem him

C

Chief00

@Chief00, you may be an insider with Andre Drummond but are you an insider with Alterique Gilbert and his medical advisors? Does he have shoulder instability or just inflammation in a stable shoulder due to normal tissue rubbing on/adhering to scar tissue? How bad is the inflammation, is it just discomfort and weakness that he can play through or is it disabling? If you don't know the answers to these questions then you are just guessing what he should do like the rest of us.
As I told Dr Hoop a few weeks ago, I go by what I see in a context of someone who has been around the game. I have no access to any medical records nor am I a doctor. Given the circumstances since, I believe Dr Hoop is closer to my view. The season is not static either measured in games or practices. What needs to be done is not necessarily what Gilbert wants short term but what is in his best interest long term. People forget or don’t know there was a scare late last summer too, which resulted in the panic about a better brace and then the Oregon game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As I told Dr Hoop a few weeks ago, I go by what I see in a context of someone who has been around the game. I have no access to any medical records nor am I a doctor. Given the circumstances since, I believe Dr Hoop is closer to my view. The season is not static either measured in games or practices. What needs to be done is not necessarily what Gilbert wants short term but what is in his best interest long term. People forget or don’t know there was a scare late last summer too, which resulted in the panic about a better brace and then the Oregon game.

So you admit that you don’t know anything about his situation or what the Doctors have advised for him. Got it. Niether do I. Nor does anybody else here. This speculation is pointless.

I wish him the best whatever he decides to do on the advice of his doctors. He sure as hell should not be getting advice from us, and we shouldn’t be trying to give it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Word salad.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Don’t know what it means but Rodney posted a pic of AG on his insta story with one of those emojis... maybe he knows something we don’t?

Reaction Score
Don’t know what it means but Rodney posted a pic of AG on his insta story with one of those emojis... maybe he knows something we don’t?

Yea that was def weird. One of the zip your lip emoji's next to an AG picture. I assume he knows he's done for the year.

Reaction Score
Word salad.

mean, listen, we're talking about SALAD, not a PIZZA, not a PIZZA, not a PIZZA, we talking about SALAD. Not a PIZZA. Not, not … Not the PIZZA that I go out there and die for and eat every PIZZA like it's my last. Not the PIZZA, but we're talking about SALAD, man.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Salad. Salad. We talkin' bout Salad.
Not Pizza. We talkin' bout salad.
I have had a salad pizza before. Best one was at Abbot's Pizza in Venice Beach, CA, where they use bagel dough for their pizza crusts, so you can do a salad pizza on an everything bagel crust, which is tremendous.

348s.jpg

Reaction Score
I have had a salad pizza before. Best one was at Abbot's Pizza in Venice Beach, CA, where they use bagel dough for their pizza crusts, so you can do a salad pizza on an everything bagel crust, which is tremendous.

348s.jpg
Might be good but just cuz it’s in the shape of pizza doesn’t make it pizza. I believe you have to have more unhealthy ingredients than healthy to qualify. It’s the law

Reaction Score

348s.jpg
Looks good, but do you eat it like a salad or like a pizza? If you eat it like a pizza, how on earth does everything not fall off of it? And if you eat it like a salad, then are you just left with an empty piece of pizza?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Looks good, but do you eat it like a salad or like a pizza? If you eat it like a pizza, how on earth does everything not fall off of it? And if you eat it like a salad, then are you just left with an empty piece of pizza?
That's not my photo, but I ate it primarily like a pizza, using the slight bend method with a hand underneath to help guide it. It is a bit of a messy affair and you inevitably lose a little off the sides, which I ate with a fork, but it's not as messy as you might think because the bagel dough is sturdier than, say, typical New Haven-style apizza crust.

Reaction Score
....or maybe he knows he is coming back?
Yea I honestly read it as it means he’s coming back. The zipper mouth emoji usually is foreshadowing for something big comin that you wanna keep under wraps. But who knows

Reaction Score

348s.jpg

That's just wrong. This would be close to allowing Best Birch and Root in the Beer thread. What doesn't belong and why?

C

Chief00

So you admit that you don’t know anything about his situation or what the Doctors have advised for him. Got it. Niether do I. Nor does anybody else here. This speculation is pointless.

I wish him the best whatever he decides to do on the advice of his doctors. He sure as hell should not be getting advice from us, and we shouldn’t be trying to give it.
You don’t read between the lines.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom