Will Wade done? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Will Wade done?

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Because they're used to it with football and it's a different mentality in the SEC.

View attachment 40760
Actually, it's the opposite. In football, fans would be pissed. For bball, the LSU fans just think this is the way the game is played. And they are right.

Anyone seen the new Zion Williamson residence in Durham?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Actually, it's the opposite. In football, fans would be pissed. For bball, the LSU fans just think this is the way the game is played. And they are right.

Anyone seen the new Zion Williamson residence in Durham?

Pics of Zion's residence?

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Pics of Zion's residence?
It's a $900k mansion.

Dp07PC6X4AArbUb.jpg

Reaction Score
That's right. Any wins LSU has in the SEC and NCAA tourneys obviously affect their opponents adversely, with no recourse. Years later the NCAA, moving at its usual snail pace, vacates their entire season. That's no consolation to the teams they bounced. They still went home unfairly.

SEC won't deny their participation in their conference tournament because there's no such thing as bad publicity in the SEC. The only loss to the league and its teams will be the money LSU will have to return that otherwise would be added to the league's pot for distribution.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
SEC won't deny their participation in their conference tournament because there's no such thing as bad publicity in the SEC. The only loss to the league and its teams will be the money LSU will have to return that otherwise would be added to the league's pot for distribution.

Yeah, what's the old saying...sometimes bad publicity is better than none at all?

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
One of the writers bashing Wade (Dan Wolken), also wrote this in an article from last October:

Sorry, but the head-in-the-sand routine being performed by Krzyzewski and North Carolina’s Roy Williams isn’t going to work anymore. The credibility of the sport is under withering assault in that courtroom, and there are still two more trials.
What’s being revealed isn’t some anomaly; in fact, everything about the evidence suggests it was altogether normal.
Just consider the text exchange between Gassnola and Self on Sept. 19, 2017, shortly after Kansas and Adidas had agreed to a new $191 million apparel deal.
After Gassnola thanked Self for helping complete the deal, Self responded “Just got to get a couple real guys,” seemingly referring to recruits.
Gassnola texted back: “In my mind, it’s KU, Bill Self. Everyone else fall into line. Too (expletive) bad That’s what’s right for Adidas basketball. And I know I’m right. The more you have lottery picks and you happy. That’s how it should work in my mind.”
Self responded: “That’s how (it) works. At UNC and Duke.”
Gassnola answered that it works that way at Kentucky, too.

“I promise you I got this,” he texted Self. “I have never let you down. Except (Deandre Ayton). Lol. We will get it right.”​
It's the way the sport is run. Has been for a while.

Reaction Score
Interesting...

Suspended LSU coach Will Wade's attorney has notified university officials that his client won't sit down to discuss his relationship with convicted middle man Christian Dawkins until after the federal government concludes its investigation into college basketball corruption.

In a letter sent to LSU chancellor F. King Alexander, athletics director Joe Alleva and others, Wade's attorney, Michael G. McGovern in New York, wrote that "upon conclusion of the pending [Southern District of New York] criminal investigation, Coach Wade will be happy to meet with you and LSU's Board of Supervisors and to answer any and all questions you may have."

Wade won't talk to LSU until fed probe over

Reaction Score
Interesting...

Suspended LSU coach Will Wade's attorney has notified university officials that his client won't sit down to discuss his relationship with convicted middle man Christian Dawkins until after the federal government concludes its investigation into college basketball corruption.

In a letter sent to LSU chancellor F. King Alexander, athletics director Joe Alleva and others, Wade's attorney, Michael G. McGovern in New York, wrote that "upon conclusion of the pending [Southern District of New York] criminal investigation, Coach Wade will be happy to meet with you and LSU's Board of Supervisors and to answer any and all questions you may have."

Sooooo...."wait to see what they find before I admit what I'm guilty of"?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Interesting...

He's still getting paid I assume?

Reaction Score
LSU coach Will Wade says he should be allowed to coach even if he refuses to sit down to discuss his relationship with convicted middle man Christian Dawkins until after the federal government concludes its investigation into college basketball corruption.

Wade tells LSU he should be allowed to coach

Reaction Score
LSU coach Will Wade says he should be allowed to coach even if he refuses to sit down to discuss his relationship with convicted middle man Christian Dawkins until after the federal government concludes its investigation into college basketball corruption.

Wade tells LSU he should be allowed to coach

>>The school responded to Wade’s statement Thursday during an interview with Sports Illustrated. “In everything that’s been said by Will and his folks in the past week, not once have they denied any wrongdoing,” says Tom Skinner, the school’s general counsel. “As a university and employer, we need to hear our employee say, ‘I didn’t do anything wrong,’ or explain the circumstances or admit he did do something wrong. We’ve been unable to get to that point. We have no choice, in terms of institutional control, to not suspend someone.”<<

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
One of the writers bashing Wade (Dan Wolken), also wrote this in an article from last October:

Sorry, but the head-in-the-sand routine being performed by Krzyzewski and North Carolina’s Roy Williams isn’t going to work anymore. The credibility of the sport is under withering assault in that courtroom, and there are still two more trials.​
What’s being revealed isn’t some anomaly; in fact, everything about the evidence suggests it was altogether normal.​
Just consider the text exchange between Gassnola and Self on Sept. 19, 2017, shortly after Kansas and Adidas had agreed to a new $191 million apparel deal.​
After Gassnola thanked Self for helping complete the deal, Self responded “Just got to get a couple real guys,” seemingly referring to recruits.
Gassnola texted back: “In my mind, it’s KU, Bill Self. Everyone else fall into line. Too (expletive) bad That’s what’s right for Adidas basketball. And I know I’m right. The more you have lottery picks and you happy. That’s how it should work in my mind.”
Self responded: “That’s how (it) works. At UNC and Duke.”
Gassnola answered that it works that way at Kentucky, too.
“I promise you I got this,” he texted Self. “I have never let you down. Except (Deandre Ayton). Lol. We will get it right.”​
It's the way the sport is run. Has been for a while.

“Blue Chips” was frighteningly accurate and ahead of its time.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score

If he says he did or didn't do anything (either way), he is going to get a subpeona from the FBI. That is why his lawyer won't let him speak. It's the same thing anyone with a competent lawyer would be doing. Not a great look though.

Reaction Score
If he says he did or didn't do anything (either way), he is going to get a subpeona from the FBI. That is why his lawyer won't let him speak. It's the same thing anyone with a competent lawyer would be doing. Not a great look though.
Thought he was notified he was going to be supeonaed.

Reaction Score
If the NCAA didn't give cheaters an at-large, Dartmouth would be a #1 seed. Feels like half the teams are under investigation, and the other half just haven't got caught yet. The NCAA will protect their brand and cash cows as much as they can while trying to sell to the public they are trying to clean things up. UNC was the breaking point for me. They will make an example of some 3rd tier school and then pour a 3 fingers of bourbon and put their feet up. And round and round we go.

Reaction Score
This won’t play out the way most are hoping. The NCAA is scared the P5 will take their ball and play elsewhere. I see a scenario where the P5 breaks away from the NCAA and puts out bids to the networks much like the NFL does. They will play by a set of rules all can agee with - but there will still be cheaters - and make tons more money. You will know I’m right when Emmert leaves the NCAA and then become commissioner of the new association. The big questions will be how large the association is, who else they let in and whether they will jettison the dead weight.

ESPN may regret creating this situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom