Will UConn Get a B12 Invite

• Yes

Votes: 56 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 59 51.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Florida State and NC state aren't state flagships or at least 1B level flagships?
Not by the strict definition. Schools like Arizona St., Iowa State, Oklahoma St., Kansas State, NC State, Florida St., Miss. St., Clemson, Washington St., Oregon St., Auburn, Virginia Tech,... are not. Out of all of those listed, perhaps FSU would be closest.

Reaction Score
Folks up here also underestimate the power of Va Tech. it has nearly twice the enrollment of UVA and has a huge (and very loyal) following. It’s also an excellent school. it May not be UVA, but it is no second rate State school for those who can’t get into the flagship. I would say folks in VA consider it a second flagship.
Nobody is calling schools like FSU and NC St. second class schools as they are very good schools. They just are not the flagship universities of their states.

Reaction Score
Folks up here also underestimate the power of Va Tech. it has nearly twice the enrollment of UVA and has a huge (and very loyal) following. It’s also an excellent school. it May not be UVA, but it is no second rate State school for those who can’t get into the flagship. I would say folks in VA consider it a second flagship.
Georgia Tech is similar in this regard.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Not by the strict definition. Schools like Arizona St., Iowa State, Oklahoma St., Kansas State, NC State, Florida St., Miss. St., Clemson, Washington St., Oregon St., Auburn, Virginia Tech,... are not. Out of all of those listed, perhaps FSU would be closest.
Okay, but wouldnt these be view as perhaps 1C type state supported schools?

Regardless, what it boils down to is this, going forward in a future P4 world, purely private schools like BC, Wake and Northwestern will be the distinct minority (and at an ongoing disadvantage) in this landscape as the vast majority will be state flagships and/or well supported jr state flagships.

Reaction Score
I think the term "state flagship" is extremely overrated. It doesn't automatically make them a bigger brand with better athletics are mean they are more valuable. Notre Dame isn't a state flagship is probably the biggest brand and most valuable school there is. New Mexico is a state flagship. So is Hawai'i.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think the term "state flagship" is extremely overrated. It doesn't automatically make them a bigger brand with better athletics are mean they are more valuable. Notre Dame isn't a state flagship is probably the biggest brand and most valuable school there is. New Mexico is a state flagship. So is Hawai'i.
State flagship isn't what a lot of people believe it is. A few states don't list one school as a flagship, some give that designation to the school that was the land grant from that state, which isn't necessarily the leading public school in that state.

Reaction Score
I believe Cornell is NY's land grant university
Cornell is weird. They do receive some state funding, and certain schools within the university offer in state tuition.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Cornell is weird. They do receive some state funding, and certain schools within the university offer in state tuition.
Yes- but so don’t some other private schools outside of the northeast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom