Will Uconn CARE at all about the NIT? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Will Uconn CARE at all about the NIT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Let me ask you this.

If I'm wrong? Why hasn't anyone asked for a hanging for mojo to win the NIT? Where's this year's Testiculo that's bringing us the NIT hardware? You know what? No one.....and I repeat no one cares about this tournament.

Uh, because they care less than they do about the NCAA tournament. There you go, mystery solved.

Reaction Score
Let me ask you this.

If I'm wrong? Why hasn't anyone asked for a hanging for mojo to win the NIT? Where's this year's Testiculo that's bringing us the NIT hardware?

Because those things are stupid and have nothing to do with anything?

Reaction Score
I cared but now I don't. Our women's team is pretty good at least.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Because those things are stupid and have nothing to do with anything?

I'm going to print this out and hang it on my fridge.

Reaction Score
Defense was non-existent, but they did look like they cared. Way too much one on one when they fell down by a huge deficit.

I have to say, tonight proved that reffing is really really really bad outside the AAC as well, maybe just an angstrom better than inside the AAC.

When you get down 16 points, a lot has to go right for you to tie the game. But that non-over-the-back call on Calhoun sucked the air out of the comeback.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The first rule of the Boneyard drinking game is when upstater complains about refs you do a shot.

Reaction Score
The first rule of the Boneyard drinking game is when upstater complains about refs you do a shot.
Two things have been true this year: the refs have not been good; and upstater will complain about how bad the refs are regardless.

There are always bad calls. Only game I can truly remember being brutal this year was the the AAC Title game. But I was there, and caught up in the emotion.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The officiating is just as bad outside of the AAC based on tonight.

Pat Driscoll: Spent the season doing mostly Big Ten and Big East games. Had an Elite 8 game last year

Jeff Anderson: Did the Big East tourney and games like Duke/NC State. Sweet 16 and NIT Championship last year.

Raymond Styons: Only did 3 ACC tourney games. Had an NCAA tourney game last year.

I'm sure they have the next four days off...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Which ref was the one who ran up the court like he had a loaf of in his pants?

Reaction Score
Two things have been true this year: the refs have not been good; and upstater will complain about how bad the refs are regardless.

There are always bad calls. Only game I can truly remember being brutal this year was the the AAC Title game. But I was there, and caught up in the emotion.

I struggle to watch basketball because of the refs. Unlike most sports, they have such a huge impact. I stopped watching the NBA because of it.

I still watch soccer and football.

Reaction Score
Wait a second: I said the refs are bad, was called out for it, and the people who called me out then posted the refs are bad. LOL

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wait a second: I said the refs are bad, was called out for it, and the people who called me out then posted the refs are bad. LOL

If you misread the tone sure. If you caught the sarcasm no.

Only 6 months until we can read all about how the Big 10 only calls holding on Penn St!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I struggle to watch basketball because of the refs. Unlike most sports, they have such a huge impact. I stopped watching the NBA because of it.

I still watch soccer and football.

But yet you can seed the tournament on the upstater eye test. Quite the skill from someone who doesn't like watching basketball.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I had an epiphany last night and have come over to Deepster's way of thinking. The AAC is beneath us, so I'm not watching until we get into a P5.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
storrsroars said:
I had an epiphany last night and have come over to Deepster's way of thinking. The AAC is beneath us, so I'm not watching until we get into a P5.

I know you are being facetious, but I have often thought that you may have just stumbled on ahead of the curve thinking. There is a good chance you can save yourself 5-10 years of escalating misery by hopping off the bus now.

Sadly it is just as likely ( and maybe MORE likely) our beloved program is a shell of its former self in that time frame ( not at our own hand but because of P5/CR crap) than it is to get a P5
invite.

Unfortunately I don't have the testiculos to hop off the bus, I've never been a "smart money" type of guy and my level of fanaticism won't allow it. But I fear that my decade older self is going to end up saying " see I told you so". The only saving grace is I have a track record of being wrong. :)

Reaction Score
The AAC are not weak schools. Stop wailing and crying. Please. For the love of God. The schools in this conference are not going to die. The president of Tulane is the president of our beloved AAU. He's also a former UConn football player.

Muahahahahahahahahaha.

Reaction Score
But yet you can seed the tournament on the upstater eye test. Quite the skill from someone who doesn't like watching basketball.

Stop twisting words. I watch college basketball. I don't watch the NBA. I watch NFL football, and don't watch NCAA football.

Reaction Score

Well, right now, that is true. The AAC is beneath us. And there are lots of fans on this board who are less excited about the conference schedule than they were in the past. If the conference doesn't improve and UConn stays put in it long term, I can see where plenty of folks would lose interest and not be as dedicated in watching some of the games.

Reaction Score
Well, right now, that is true. The AAC is beneath us. And there are lots of fans on this board who are less excited about the conference schedule than they were in the past. If the conference doesn't improve and UConn stays put in it long term, I can see where plenty of folks would lose interest and not be as dedicated in watching some of the games.
Right. There are always going to be hardcore fans. But you can't have enough of those to be significant without sustained, Kentucky level success. Every other team is filled with bandwagoners. And you king of want those. Those are what most high school kids are, and so having a bandwagon helps in recruiting.

There are only 3 ways we maintain our level of fan interest:

1) We get into a P5 and continue our success.
2) The league gets much better, and we continue our success.
3) The league hardly improves, but we dominate it like Gonzaga/Memphis and we have exciting OOC games.

Short of one of those, we are going to have a decrease in fan involvement. You can have a season like this and not lose fans provided that we turn it around into deep tournament runs.

Reaction Score
Uh, because they care less than they do about the NCAA tournament. There you go, mystery solved.
He actually considers himself the most REAL fan out there, so you're clearly wrong

I'd ignore the tool if I didn't find these insane points so entertaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky