Will Uconn CARE at all about the NIT? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will Uconn CARE at all about the NIT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hamilton is taking the Red Eye back from Caly and I wouldn't expect too much from him.

Might help given his shooting hasn't been uh-great? You just never know.

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
Then a "real fan" would know it's the march for title number 6.

I meant "real title" #5.. Working towards next years NCAA Tourney. Another NIT banner would be great this year, but to me it's not even in the same category.. I'm sorry but our NIT win in '88 doesn't count as a national title.. we're not the 'Cuse ;)

Reaction Score
I hate the whole "you're not a fan if you don't do X, Y, Z!!" mindset.

I'll probably at least watch parts of the game tonight, but it's certainly not appointment TV for me. Some people on here will still watch the whole thing.

Doesn't mean we're not all fans.

Reaction Score
The "beneath us" stuff sounds pretty dumb to me, but to each his own. They had a ____ year, they didn't belong in the big tournament. Hopefully they can build something for next year. I'm not sure if the "beneath us" crowd noticed, but UConn just finished sixth in a mid-major league.

Reaction Score
I'm a fan, what type I guess I don't know. I know I will watch this game tonight for sure and of course I want them to win but I also don't really give a crap if the season ends tonight with a loss to the Sun Devils. Not sure what that makes me, my palms aren't all sweaty for this one I admit it.:oops:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Myself and Whaler are picking up tabs at MSG.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I doubt any of these teams 'don't care', but with the NIT, you can generally tell who's excited to play and who isn't.

UConn generally starts even big games flat and must-win isn't something they really do well - it wouldn't surprise me to see them come out without a pulse.

There's the let-down from Sunday, a middling NIT crowd, Boat's hurt and Hamilton has to be tired.

I'd be less than shocked if they packed it in.

Reaction Score
Just because you don't get the mindset of it makes it okay to label people with another opinion a ""?

Yes. These people are D-bags, because they're stating what the University and team should be about and represent, and they want them to give up or turn down an invitation to a tournament. They aren't supporting the team they claim to be a fan of.

Its a douchey thing to do or say, period. The equivalent of bad sportsmanship for a fan

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Other than my family and friends, I probably care more about UConn basketball than any other interest. I basically look at the team collectively like another kid. I support them, root for them, get disappointed and frustrated when they under-perform, and glow with pride when they succeed. If one of my kids was an A-team player but had a bad performance and ended up on the B-team, I wouldn't tell them that I couldn't watch them play because the B-team was beneath them. I would support them and tell them to try to learn something from it, and to try their best no matter how disappointed they are.

Most importantly, I would come back to the "anything worth doing is worth doing well" lesson I try to live and teach. I won't be surprised to see the team come out flat because of the type of season we've had, but I hope they don't.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's weird some people are spending their time posting in a UConn message board but won't spend their time watching an actual UConn game. That is super backwards to me.
Nah, exhibitions don't count.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's weird some people are spending their time posting in a UConn message board but won't spend their time watching an actual UConn game. That is super backwards to me.
Yes and no.
I love these forums because I bleed Husky Blue and White and this forum in particular because I put my focus on the men's bb team. But I also love these forums because they are a great way of examining how different we all are. It's more surprising to me that people can see trends in players development, a teams development and really struggle to understand the variations in how we think, feel and behave.

As an example. Jerome. Some people loved his intensity. Some thought he was out of control. Same player. Same games. Two different points of view. It's not hard to understand why this happens if we recognize that we have different computers and different programming leading to variations of perspective. The real friction in these forums takes place when we insist other people change in order to make us feel more comfortable. That is, we argue to win as opposed to inform. We make issues and our opinions personal. Any attack on our ideas is like an attack on our physical body.

People can feel comfortable socializing here but feel so disappointed with the outcome of the season it bothers them to continue watching the team. Others can put aside the outcome of the season and find this forum uncomfortable.

There are advantages with having a free for all regarding perspectives. We are likely to examine things more thoroughly because it's next to impossible for any one of us to fully think of all the parameters and outcomes. On the other hand the disadvantage is that some of us struggle filtering out the pertinent vs. all the noise. And this leads to all sorts of negative consequences especially if our hot buttons are pushed or if the topic and the manner of discussion goes against the way we've learned to cope with life.

Reaction Score
Yes. These people are D-bags, because they're stating what the University and team should be about and represent, and they want them to give up or turn down an invitation to a tournament. They aren't supporting the team they claim to be a fan of.

Its a douchey thing to do or say, period. The equivalent of bad sportsmanship for a fan

And you're stating what the rules are to be an acceptable fan. That's equally as "douchey", .

Reaction Score
And you're stating what the rules are to be an acceptable fan. That's equally as "douchey", .

If its douchey to expect that "fans" of a team would support the team and wouldn't give up on them when they don't reach the pinnacle of post-season tournaments, then that's me all the way.

Just don't consider yourself much of a fan. If they're playing an elimination win-or-end-your-season game, with a senior on the squad, and its not of interest to you... you are not a fan by my definition of the word.

Reaction Score
If its douchey to expect that "fans" of a team would support the team and wouldn't give up on them when they don't reach the pinnacle of post-season tournaments, then that's me all the way.

Just don't consider yourself much of a fan. If they're playing an elimination win-or-end-your-season game, with a senior on the squad, and its not of interest to you... you are not a fan by my definition of the word.

How about this? I consider myself to be a much bigger and more realistic fan than you. So there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I won't be watching. I refuse to watch or follow the NIT. It's beneath us.
:rolleyes:
Apparently, it's not. Beating the team in front of you rather than worrying about yesterday is the path to greatness.

Reaction Score
I won't be watching. I refuse to watch or follow the NIT. It's beneath us.
I refuse to believe this. Isn't it like having a naked lady in the next room with the door open, and you don't want to take a peek?

I'll be at work so it will be easy for me to watch.

Actually tonight would have been a good time for the Mrs. to ask me to sacrifice watching a game for one of her fancies. I would tell her this is a major 'Tournament' game but concede. This one deposit would have carried me all through 2015-2016 with no problem.

Brain Fart: I think I've found something that this NIT is good for if we win tonight.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Sorry, but no. The only thing worse than not making the NIT, is playing in the NIT, and losing.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Power is out at home. I may not see the game after all...but not for lack of want-to. If my Wi-Fi is still up, I may watch in the car on my tablet. Maybe even off the 4G network on my phone...

Reaction Score
Do you know who wasn't above the NIT? Kevin Ollie, Donyell Marshall, Richard Hamilton, Caron Butler, and Kemba Walker among others.

But, if it's beneath Deepster, then I do not understand how any other self-respecting individual could watch.

Reaction Score
Let me ask you this.

If I'm wrong? Why hasn't anyone asked for a hanging for mojo to win the NIT? Where's this year's Testiculo that's bringing us the NIT hardware? You know what? No one.....and I repeat no one cares about this tournament.

Reaction Score
Judging by that D tonight I'm going to say no. A shame too cuz they actually played well on offense besides that 5-10 minute stretch where the lead got to dbl digits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom