Will Uconn CARE at all about the NIT? | The Boneyard

Will Uconn CARE at all about the NIT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Assuming a big upset by st francis over richmond this will be the last UCONN game at home, they are only -4 vs a team that is traveling to the east in arizona st who I watched play in the pac 12 and is mediocre and lost to to my trojans in the 1st rd. Just wonder how much is gonna be put into this game after that heartbreaker sunday.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Yes, they do care. They want to win.

Reaction Score
It's gonna be a learning process. Not for boatright of course, but there are like 6 (at least) players on that team with national championships. The youngsters in Lubin and Hamilton will get the most out of this, and Samuel will need to step up if boat isn't able to play a good amount of the game. Just another bump in the road to our 5th championship

Reaction Score
I hope so, but personally I think they'll come out flat, like they have all year, and struggle all night.

Wouldn't be surprised if we lose

Reaction Score
I see them going hard even if the shots don't fall. Unless this ASU team can really keep guys out of the lane, I expect Purvis and Samuel to go hard to the rack to pick up fouls, Hamilton too.

Purvis has his eyes on the prize, he wants to be a fan favorite, and he knows we are all still watching

Reaction Score
Besides Boat, I don't see these guys having the attitude/pride to feel like they're above playing in the NIT. That's not necessarily a good thing.

Reaction Score
I see them going hard even if the shots don't fall. Unless this ASU team can really keep guys out of the lane, I expect Purvis and Samuel to go hard to the rack to pick up fouls, Hamilton too.

Purvis has his eyes on the prize, he wants to be a fan favorite, and he knows we are all still watching

I won't be watching. I refuse to watch or follow the NIT. It's beneath us.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I won't watch because I will be at the hearing for my property tax assessment appeal; otherwise I would watch just to see how we play.

Reaction Score
Not sure what Boat's got left but we know he'll do his best. Kind of up to the other guys to step up and start making shots and snatching rebounds. Maybe Coach can figure out a way to take the pressure off and these guys can play a little looser on offense and have some fun. It's been a real grind lately.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
If they come out with good energy it will be a testament to both their attitude and the coaching staff's ability to motivate.

It would be easy to come out flat and hope for the best. The expectation (for attitude and ability to motivate) is that they come out swinging. Winning the NIT might not mean a damn thing but I know I'll feel a little better about next season if the guys play well.

Reaction Score
he's saying that he wishes they were elitist jerks who frowned on their own presence in the NIT

I don't get this mindset of I dont watch the NIT... its the game of basketball. Theoretically we watch because of pride in the team/university/state and love of the game in general, so unless you're such a that you choose to be in denial about the season we've had... wins only make it better. I dont understand how people couldn't want to watch their team go for a win, period, no matter who its against

Get the trophy that we wont brag about boys, because it means you get to play and we get to watch a handful more games

Reaction Score
he's saying that he wishes they were elitist jerks who frowned on their own presence in the NIT

I don't get this mindset of I dont watch the NIT... its the game of basketball. Theoretically we watch because of pride in the team/university/state and love of the game in general, so unless you're such a that you choose to be in denial about the season we've had... wins only make it better. I dont understand how people couldn't want to watch their team go for a win, period, no matter who its against

Get the trophy that we wont brag about boys, because it means you get to play and we get to watch a handful more games
Just treat these games as Purvis is: the first games of the 2015-16 season, come early.

Reaction Score

Just because you don't get the mindset of it makes it okay to label people with another opinion a ""?

Reaction Score
I actually think that without Boat playing, they'll care A LOT. It's a chance for Purv and DHam to prove they can take the wheel and drive this thing back to a checkered flag.
Hamilton is taking the Red Eye back from Caly and I wouldn't expect too much from him.

Reaction Score
I care much more about how hard the guys play tonight as opposed to the result. I'd be much happier watching these guys go all out in a losing result then to play flat and win the game.

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
I won't be watching. I refuse to watch or follow the NIT. It's beneath us.

I agree being in the NIT sucks, but if you're a real fan, you'll watch any game OUR Huskies play in, be it the NCAA, NIT or (God forbid) the CBI..

I'll be there tonight and back at MSG in a few weeks.. Our effort/march for title #5 starts tonight..

Reaction Score
I agree being in the NIT sucks, but if you're a real fan, you'll watch any game OUR Huskies play in, be it the NCAA, NIT or (God forbid) the CBI..

I'll be there tonight and back at MSG in a few weeks.. Our effort/march for title #5 starts tonight..

How about this? You don't define for me or for anyone else what a "real fan" is?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't like UConn in the NIT but I like the NIT. Some good games last night.

Reaction Score

Then a "real fan" would know it's the march for title number 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom