Will Hartford Athletic ever win a game? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Will Hartford Athletic ever win a game?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
lol yeah i can see successful programs and franchises and have expectations for our local ones.

it’s way better to just shut up and watch someone like suzie lax burn the entire athletic program to the ground.
They had $7.00 No Filter and Headway at the game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They had $7.00 No Filter and Headway at the game.

lord knows how much booze is needed to get through the seasons our teams have.

Reaction Score
lol yeah i can see successful programs and franchises and have expectations for our local ones.

it’s way better to just shut up and watch someone like suzie lax burn the entire athletic program to the ground.

hmmm

I am good with Hurley & Cavanaugh. Legacy coaches in Reid, Penders, Auriemma, Stevens (and not watching the other Olympics); in fact, several are amazing. I understand Edsall. The facilities? Pretty much a good story (given the Rent wasn't her).

Conference? Not sure what else UConn could have done. Except get the "Winter Hill Gang" to bury BC bodies under a Causeway. SNY? Not sure what the outcome is on that ... concerned ... but the fight is still on.

Ollie? sheesh. That's a head scratcher. It is not because the guy does not have talent. He is just missing about 40% of the job requirements - like lots of AAU networking and then ... never mind.

Susan Herbst legacy? I am sure many are more focused on STEM, Faculty recruitment and advanced ranking, Higher Quality incoming students, Better Fundraising than previous (but still not stellar), Good Provost, Capital Budgeting for new campus buildings and infrastructure, innovative connectivity to Mansfield and Corporate and Healthcare institutions, moving the Campus to Downtown Hartford and creating a There-there in UConn-Stamford, correct decisions on Torrington and Avery Point and new flavors at the Dairy Barn + number of Tubas in the Marching Band

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
hmmm

I am good with Hurley & Cavanaugh. Legacy coaches in Reid, Penders, Auriemma, Stevens (and not watching the other Olympics); in fact, several are amazing. I understand Edsall. The facilities? Pretty much a good story (given the Rent wasn't her).

Conference? Not sure what else UConn could have done. Except get the "Winter Hill Gang" to bury BC bodies under a Causeway. SNY? Not sure what the outcome is on that ... concerned ... but the fight is still on.

Ollie? sheesh. That's a head scratcher. It is not because the guy does not have talent. He is just missing about 40% of the job requirements - like lots of AAU networking and then ... never mind.

Susan Herbst legacy? I am sure many are more focused on STEM, Faculty recruitment and advanced ranking, Higher Quality incoming students, Better Fundraising than previous (but still not stellar), Good Provost, Capital Budgeting for new campus buildings and infrastructure, innovative connectivity to Mansfield and Corporate and Healthcare institutions, moving the Campus to Downtown Hartford and creating a There-there in UConn-Stamford, correct decisions on Torrington and Avery Point and new flavors at the Dairy Barn + number of Tubas in the Marching Band

this is why there are 10k people at home football games. she doomed the athletic department but most are still blind to it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
lord knows how much booze is needed to get through the seasons our teams have.
That's why soccer is so fun. One beer per half. And HA wasn't any worse than Charlotte.

I have plenty of experience rooting for bad teams. I deal with it by cheering for effort because if your guys are outgunned, what can you or they do that game beside give it your best? HA had a sub who I watched start running full out 60 yards after a giveaway (not his) to break up a potential opportunity late in the game. That's fun and something I can get behind. I saw a team playing hard and giving a crap. I'm not sitting there fuming about what the stands look like on TV.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That's why soccer is so fun. One beer per half. And HA wasn't any worse than Charlotte.

I have plenty of experience rooting for bad teams. I deal with it by cheering for effort because if your guys are outgunned, what can you or they do that game beside give it your best? HA had a sub who I watched start running full out 60 yards after a giveaway (not his) to break up a potential opportunity late in the game. That's fun and something I can get behind. I saw a team playing hard and giving a crap. I'm not sitting there fuming about what the stands look like on TV.

if only everyone tolerated losing - we could be enjoying Diaco still!

Reaction Score
fun time and great vibe inside and out of the Rent Saturday. any excuse to tailgate more works for me.

up the CT sporting growth

Reaction Score
As a former Whaler season ticket holder, from the WHA days through the final home game, I have seen my fair share of losing. Not to mention being a Mets and NYG fan. I use to live and die with my teams, now I just enjoy them for what they are. A chance to spend time with my family and friends. The wins and losses are secondary.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
if only everyone tolerated losing - we could be enjoying Diaco still!
This is just inane, even for whaler. I wonder if he got his account hacked? When all the stuff about UConn FB that somehow whaler thinks is remotely relevant here was happening, whaler didn't do merde. Sure, he repeated himself ad infinitum on the Boneyard, but that was it. He didn't start-up a petition. In fact, I'm pretty sure he didn't even compose a strongly-worded letter.

Hey, whaler instead of using the "cement issue" just to troll and insult Athletic fans, why don't you actually do something for a change? Give 'em a call. Tell them what you think. Get involved. Let us know what happens.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is just inane, even for whaler. I wonder if he got his account hacked? When all the stuff about UConn FB that somehow whaler thinks is remotely relevant here was happening, whaler didn't do merde. Sure, he repeated himself ad infinitum on the Boneyard, but that was it. He didn't start-up a petition. In fact, I'm pretty sure he didn't even compose a strongly-worded letter.

Hey, whaler instead of using the "cement issue" just to troll and insult Athletic fans, why don't you actually do something for a change? Give 'em a call. Tell them what you think. Get involved. Let us know what happens.

lol i’m an athletic fan. ive watched at least some of every game they have played (except the weekday game in NJ)

i pointed out the product would look better on TV if they covered the stained concrete. its jarring and ugly. I bet they will fix

i

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For the record, HA is not the worst team in the league. Three other teams are ranked lower. They just drew against a team ranked 9 spots higher in the league and are playing the team just one spot ahead of them on Friday. I'm thinking Friday may be the day.

Reaction Score
For the record, HA is not the worst team in the league. Three other teams are ranked lower. They just drew against a team ranked 9 spots higher in the league and are playing the team just one spot ahead of them on Friday. I'm thinking Friday may be the day.

That’s an interesting find. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Couldn’t go last weekend due to a college graduation but hope to make it on Friday. Out of curiosity, what was LAZ charging for parking?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Couldn’t go last weekend due to a college graduation but hope to make it on Friday. Out of curiosity, what was LAZ charging for parking?
Less than $20.

Reaction Score

$15 per car. They let me in for $5 though because I told them that's all I had, and it worked, sooo there's that LOL

Reaction Score
$15 per car. They let me in for $5 though because I told them that's all I had, and it worked, sooo there's that LOL
Enjoy the cash discount now; won't last too much longer even as the States slowly reels its' neanderthalic-self away from cash payments.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The other side had this big guy who was probably a good player back in the day. He's like a USL Zlatan. Doesn't run a whole lot but was clearly the most skilled guy on the pitch. We called him General Zod. It was 1-1 at halftime and the comment was made "Y'know Zod is gonna bone us." Zod boned us. But the word wasn't bone. HA's goal was very nice.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Enjoy the cash discount now; won't last too much longer even as the States slowly reels its' neanderthalic-self away from cash payments.
The "freedom" we had was nice till stuff started getting super digitalized.

Reaction Score
Fan Friendly Rentschler!

The entire half of the Rent where the players came out of the tunnel and stood on the sideline was roped off. And if the rope wasn't enough to send you the message there were multiple yellow jacket security guards there too! I brought my niece hoping to get some autographs, good pictures of the players as they were coming out of the tunnel, and just be able to slap them high five or something and you couldn't do that. I mean that's why you go to a game like this, to have some interaction with the players that you can't get going to a pro game. But that wasn't possible at the Rent! The fans had to stay on their side of the stadium.

As the game ended some rebellious youths fought back and crossed the rope to be able to slap hands with the players as they left the field. My niece joined them. A look of uncertainty came over the yellows.

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score
Hartford needs to go after more young talent, I understand wanting USL experience for a first-year expansion team but the best USL teams are filled with young, athletic talent. Hartford should go after young regional talent which there is plenty off

Reaction Score
As if you’re not absolutely owned, but carry on wishing to lead life in a far less convenient past
I know I am 100% owned. Am a product of this space age complex. Carry on.

You obviously don't know me well enough. I am completely for a "Utopia". Duh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom