Will Azzi be ready for the Creighton game? | The Boneyard

Will Azzi be ready for the Creighton game?

Reaction Score
It will be past 3 weeks based on the 3-6 week timeline UConn gave us. I know its on the aggressive side of things, but still fits in the range. The @Creighton game will be big in terms of winning the Big East.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While we are all hopeful, it would surprise me if Azzi was ready to play on the 28th. When asked about Azzi’s availability after the Seton Hall game, CD had nothing new to offer, suggesting that decision was, “above my pay grade.”

Reaction Score
It will be past 3 weeks based on the 3-6 week timeline UConn gave us. I know its on the aggressive side of things, but still fits in the range. The @Creighton game will be big in terms of winning the Big East.
I think we have to assume 6 weeks, not three. It could even be as much as 8 weeks. She then will need to become basketball fit. It will be much like waiting for Paige last season. It is the way of UCONN lately.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
We all want Azzi back but we are tempering that want with "when she's healthy". As much as we'd like to win any and every game, none is more important than any player not being ready. I'm of the opinion that we can beat Creighton with the core of players we presently have. My greatest concern right now is limiting the TOs.

Reaction Score
I'm not looking for Azzi before the Butler game. From that point on it seems to me it will become day to day.
Which Butler game are you referring to? If you are referring to the first meeting I applaud your optimism. If you mean the second game I applaud your realism.

Reaction Score
I think we have to assume 6 weeks, not three. It could even be as much as 8 weeks. She then will need to become basketball fit. It will be much like waiting for Paige last season. It is the way of UCONN lately.
Paige had surgery and needed to immobilize the knee for a while. Azzi has been playing and practicing since at least the FSU game. If it takes 8 weeks just try to red shirt her for next season.

Reaction Score
Not to be a jinx, but Creighton looks horrible. I’m on vacation in SF and I saw Stanford play Creighton. Stanford could have named the score. His strategy was to back off the Stanford guards, I guess in order to pack the paint. Long story short, his defense did not take anything away from Stanford. The freshman PG for Stanford hit like 5 3’s. Look for similar strategy versus UConn. Hope Nika stays warm.
I think Creighton caught lightening in a bottle last year with great shooting. Now he’s back in “moral victories” mode. Surely he’s good at that. As Herm Edwards famously said, “ you play to win the game”.

Reaction Score
Is anyone else worried about what Azzi’s injury is? Little to no information given out about it other than it’s a knee injury. She and Paige truly are generational talents. I hope they both get their chance to shine, sooner rather than later.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When I was making Christmas cookies with Azzi and her family, she looked good to me, but the cuts in the kitchen were of a different type. :D Fingers crossed that my local girl is close to ready. As Coach Scribner's mother told me 4 years ago, Azzi is a sweetheart. She's also a heck of a baller.

Reaction Score
I don’t understand the “let Azzi rest” thing. We all know there is zero chance they will allow her to play until she is both medically cleared and self-cleared (she will tell them when she feels comfortable, as she did with her foot) That being the case, I want her to play as soon as possible. No one on this board wants her to play if she’s not ready (and healthy).

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Which Butler game are you referring to? If you are referring to the first meeting I applaud your optimism. If you mean the second game I applaud your realism.
The initial diagnoses was 3-6 weeks. The first Butler game will be 4 weeks from the injury. If that sounds optimistic then so be it. The second Butler game is past the 6 weeks number, while the second Seton Hall game is on the mark. I frankly expect Azzi back before the second SH game.

Reaction Score
Well, it's good seeing her take part in the same exercises that her teammates are doing, Paige also doing them all. Assi on the knee bend didn't seem to bend the left knee as far towards the ground as either Ayanna or Paige, but the camera view made it difficult to see. A question for me, how long will Dorka need to have her thumb in a brace? It was visible in this workout video. Maybe when cleared to play her get-up-to-speed time won't be too long.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Is anyone else worried about what Azzi’s injury is? Little to no information given out about it other than it’s a knee injury. She and Paige truly are generational talents. I hope they both get their chance to shine, sooner rather than later.
Nope.
What does it matter to any of us?

Reaction Score
Much like last season, Azzi will let the coaching staff know when she is ready to play. No point in rushing a player back too soon and risk a setback. Just let Azzi and her family, along with the doctors and coaching staff, determine the timetable for a return to on the court activity. Plus, there is the gradual steps in order to return to on the court activity. No rush. Just let Azzi follow the proper procedures for a return to on the court activity.

Reaction Score
I would expect her not to return until the 6 week mark, just as a precaution

Reaction Score
Not to be a jinx, but Creighton looks horrible. I’m on vacation in SF and I saw Stanford play Creighton. Stanford could have named the score. His strategy was to back off the Stanford guards, I guess in order to pack the paint. Long story short, his defense did not take anything away from Stanford. The freshman PG for Stanford hit like 5 3’s. Look for similar strategy versus UConn. Hope Nika stays warm.
I think Creighton caught lightening in a bottle last year with great shooting. Now he’s back in “moral victories” mode. Surely he’s good at that. As Herm Edwards famously said, “ you play to win the game”.
Don't sell Creighton short..........they're a smart well-coached team that has multiple players that can heat up from three...........I never underestimate teams like that.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom