Will Azzi be ready for the Creighton game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will Azzi be ready for the Creighton game?

Reaction Score
Don't sell Creighton short..........they're a smart well-coached team that has multiple players that can heat up from three...........I never underestimate teams like that.....
As Geno says, “they run their stuff…”
I just spent 2 hours of my life watching them against Stanford. BTW, I’ll never get those 2 hours back.

Reaction Score
For what it is worth, I was watching Azzi at pre-game shoot around before the Seton Hall game. She was dancing around, chasing down loose balls, feeding the shooters and appeared to be moving quite fluidly. No limp, noticeable brace or favoring one leg. That was encouraging!

Reaction Score
Paige had surgery and needed to immobilize the knee for a while. Azzi has been playing and practicing since at least the FSU game. If it takes 8 weeks just try to red shirt her for next season.
I know you want Azzi and PB to have multiple years together on the court. However, Azzi and everyone want to win in 2023.

Reaction Score
I know you want Azzi and PB to have multiple years together on the court. However, Azzi and everyone want to win in 2023.
Which won’t happen if they delay her return until late January

Reaction Score
Even from my Coaching HS Wrestling days, I learned to NEVER over look any opponent!
Our mantra was, "Respect all, fear none!"
If you have that mind set you'll never have any regrets why you should have beat some team!
Any way Geno would never allow it!

Reaction Score
As Geno says, “they run their stuff…”
I just spent 2 hours of my life watching them against Stanford. BTW, I’ll never get those 2 hours back.
All teams have their good and bad games........Stanford is no picnic with all of their size combined with skilled players.........I just watched them struggle against Tennessee the other day, yet they clearly should have beaten South Carolina when they played them recently.........you just never know which teams are going to show up from game to game.........if Creighton is shooting well from three they will give UConn all they can handle, if not it could be an easy victory for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Personally, I find Tara's rotations an enigma. One game a player can get 2 min and the next game 25 min. How does consistency get built. I think that's why they can struggle in games where on paper they shouldn't....

Reaction Score
Personally, I find Tara's rotations an enigma. One game a player can get 2 min and the next game 25 min. How does consistency get built. I think that's why they can struggle in games where on paper they shouldn't....
While I find her substitution patterns confusing, appears her focus is on the playoffs, not so much the overall record. Typically they have a full lineup and give most on the team the opportunity to prove themselves in games. Works for them.

Reaction Score
Is anyone else worried about what Azzi’s injury is? Little to no information given out about it other than it’s a knee injury. She and Paige truly are generational talents. I hope they both get their chance to shine, sooner rather than later.
We fans have nothing but speculation. However, based upon wha I saw happen ( the injury ), her knee has hyper extended in the wrong direction. It is likely, therefore, a strain of the ACL or MCL. And it may have "tested" a surgical repair from her HS days. So severity is the big question. But this is just guesswork.

Reaction Score
All teams have their good and bad games........Stanford is no picnic with all of their size combined with skilled players.........I just watched them struggle against Tennessee the other day, yet they clearly should have beaten South Carolina when they played them recently.........you just never know which teams are going to show up from game to game.........if Creighton is shooting well from three they will give UConn all they can handle, if not it could be an easy victory for the Huskies.
Good points.
Be aware that your analysis would apply to any game at any level anywhere. If they hoist up shots and make them, they will be tough to handle. I personally like more nuance. Moly looked putrid. She was like 3 for 14. She seemed distracted from the opening warmups. Jensen only got 10 shots. What else is there?
I was amazed at how ineffective they are inside. He runs an offense with cutting and screening that actually gets inside looks, but they don’t have anyone that can take advantage of it. We just hold our ground, hands high without fouling and it’s clank. Of course teams have good and bad games, but I’m sorry it’s not just some crap shoot. Some teams are better than others.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi was in the gym with her brother on Christmas Eve Day. I think she was stretching and putting up some shots. I’m not sure when she wIll be ready to play, but I’ll bet on her in a game of H-O-R-S-E any day.

Reaction Score
I have neither knowledge nor even informed opinion... and maybe even would prefer her to rest the knee a bit longer. But if she's feeling good, I'd love to see her get a few minutes against Creighton. Of course, that will make more work for @MSGRET since I'll revise my prognostication at the slightest suggestion that Azzi's going to play.

Reaction Score
Don't need her, so hope she takes the time to be healthy, and have a game or 2 under her belt for the South Carolina game!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Just want to ensure that she is completely healed to avoid a possible relapse later in the season. I would like to see her a couple of games before Tennessee which would give her at least a couple more weeks to get into shape. Although they aren't ranked right now, their chemistry should be better at that time, so beating them will have an impact on our tournament seeding. Plus, losing to them is like losing the NC game as far as my mental state is concerned.

Reaction Score
Don't need her, so hope she takes the time to be healthy, and have a game or 2 under her belt for the South Carolina game!

Will she be “ready” by February 5th?

I’m hopeful this morning. She may have a month to get in shape. Pulling for her / until that date!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom