Will 5-7 save P's job. | The Boneyard

Will 5-7 save P's job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He would need to go 5-4, the rest of the way. But it would look like a turn around given the start of the season.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
no. all it would show is the the schedule turned around. pp is toast barring an undefeated aac season and a bcs bowl win.

Reaction Score
He would need to go 5-4, the rest of the way. But it would look like a turn around given the start of the season.

No. He needs 7 wins and he also needs to fire his offensive line coach.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
As long as he can prove to Suzy H that he's a winner, that likes winning that almost wins more than he loses, but loves winning, he'll be back!

Reaction Score
I think you're losing your fast ball Pal. 7-5 doesn't save his job

Reaction Score
7-5 with a bowl win and Coach P is retained. The team is improving, they just need to clean up some of the mistakes. I'd like to see who they sign this winter especially on the offensive and defensive lines. That HAS to be their priority at this point. Every play starts there.

Reaction Score
Skibs 6-6 might save his job. The bar has been set pretty low for football.
If it does, no wonder everybody's happy our games are on ESPN3 (save the Michigan game)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
7-5 with a bowl win and Coach P is retained. The team is improving, they just need to clean up some of the mistakes. I'd like to see who they sign this winter especially on the offensive and defensive lines. That HAS to be their priority at this point. Every play starts there.

I dont know, just my opinion, but I'm not so sure P keeps his job even in this scenario. He'll really needs the team to sparkle in the wins and in the bowl game, otherwise if we win based on the turnover battle and good D alone, I'm not convinced he stays. If there is a good young coaching prospect out there, I think Warde makes the move, even with a 7-5 season w/bowl win.

Reaction Score
If PP wins 7 of the last 9 games, goes to a bowl. He would definitely retain his job. He would show that the teamed turned things around and headed in the right direction. No way WM gets rid of him if this happens.

Reaction Score
NO

I really think this is about Warde Manual and Susan Herbst. Neither hired that old man. They understand that their job security and legacy at this school and in their circles has a lot to do with a Football Coach that brings UConn to a different platform ... (*which may be another conference or just a very competitive next tier). They see the leakage in this Program.

I believe WM gave the old dogs the extra PP year ... reluctantly. But he was shrewd. No board member of Connecticut stakeholder can say we are on a good path any longer. More recruiting doesn't make up for the lack of rush game nor the poor OLine. It's over. (just not by wk5)

Reaction Score
There are realistic scenarios where P is retained, it would involve salvaging something really tangible out of this season (winning), and recruiting. That can still happen, it's a long shot, but it's not out of the question. When we were 3-4 in 2010, everybody had written things off, except the coaches and players themselves, who rallied. Can it happen again? We'll see. The run that we would need to go on, to get to a 7-5, or 8-4 season from here, would be a lot of fun though, and it would be longer than the run we had in 2010. One week at a time is the only way we can go.

But there is no way in HELL that Deleone comes back. That can't happen. We can go 9-3 from here, but Deleone can't come back.

I honestly don't remember the last time we went 0-3 to to start a home schedule for a season, let alone a CONSECUTIVE 0-3 to start a season at home. That's something to check on for people with that kind of inclination. My bet is that you have to go WAYYYY back, to find a season, where we started 0-3 with our home schedule, never mind a consecutively 0-3 start at home. It's possible that in over a 100 years, we've never had 3 home games to start a season, and gone 0-3.

The P era, has indeed been historic.

Reaction Score
Skibs 6-6 might save his job. The bar has been set pretty low for football.

No way. Warde did not hire him. He's not his guy. Fanbase is disallusioned and no amount of wins against horrible Buffalo, USF, SMU, Memphis etc. can change that. Media is turning too

He's gone even at 7-5. The home record over thest three years is a joke and ticket revenue (not attendance - don't be fooled by the announced attendance at that Memphis game) later in the year will drop off. More than anything, you cannot sell any kind of upward trajectory

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
NO

I really think this is about Warde Manual and Susan Herbst. Neither hired that old man. They understand that their job security and legacy at this school and in their circles has a lot to do with a Football Coach that brings UConn to a different platform ... (*which may be another conference or just a very competitive next tier). They see the leakage in this Program.

I believe WM gave the old dogs the extra PP year ... reluctantly. But he was shrewd. No board member of Connecticut stakeholder can say we are on a good path any longer. More recruiting doesn't make up for the lack of rush game nor the poor OLine. It's over. (just not by wk5)

I agree, I think Warde will want to pick his guy at the end of the season. He didnt fire PP at the end of last year because 2 seasons is too short and perhaps moreover, he hadnt had the time to coach shop given all the BE drama. I also think the buyout had some influence as well. PP only stays if he shows improvement in all facets of Uconn football experience. I dont think he stays even with a 7-5 season if the 7 wins is based on the D and winning the turnovers battle rather than comprehensive program improvement.

Reaction Score
I guess the more immediate question is - Will WM make any changes if we lose Saturday?

Reaction Score

You are probably not related to PP but I'm guessing your name ends in a vowel or you have ties to the Gambini crime family.

Plus you are on the crack pipe. First off if this team goes 7-5 plus a bowl win, which equals 8-5 a monkey WILL fly out of my ass.

Second, if the preceding happens, Warde will realize the players pulled it off and not the coaches and he still will be fired.

Reaction Score
To paraphrase the great Jim Mora: "Bowl games? Don't talk about bowl games. Are you kidding me? Bowl games? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game."

Reaction Score
I cannot imagine who would possibly support another 5-7 season not ending in a firing.

Even 6-6 is a stretch. 7-5 he probably stays. But that's looking pretty unlikely at this point.

Reaction Score
You are probably not related to PP but I'm guessing your name ends in a vowel or you have ties to the Gambini crime family.

Plus you are on the crack pipe. First off if this team goes 7-5 plus a bowl win, which equals 8-5 a monkey WILL fly out of my ass.

Second, if the preceding happens, Warde will realize the players pulled it off and not the coaches and he still will be fired.

I have no idea what your connection to the program is art, nor do I care to, but you seem to relay the pulse of the players at times. All I can say, is that I'm pulling like hell for those players to make monkeys fly out your ass. There's no reason they can't do it, it's up to them.

What happens at Buffalo will be a good gauge, as to whether or not they are capable of putting the run together. Because they're going to have to motivate themselves, and if it's going to happen, it started yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom