Will 5-7 save P's job. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Will 5-7 save P's job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
NO

I really think this is about Warde Manual and Susan Herbst. Neither hired that old man. They understand that their job security and legacy at this school and in their circles has a lot to do with a Football Coach that brings UConn to a different platform ... (*which may be another conference or just a very competitive next tier). They see the leakage in this Program.

I believe WM gave the old dogs the extra PP year ... reluctantly. But he was shrewd. No board member of Connecticut stakeholder can say we are on a good path any longer. More recruiting doesn't make up for the lack of rush game nor the poor OLine. It's over. (just not by wk5)

Exactly, absolutely this.

Reaction Score
I agree with Pudge, as well. The Herbst administration is aiming for the moon. Literally. We might see a UConn branch on the moon one day. Just kidding. Seriously, they are aiming super high. Have the relevance that Big Ten and land-grant ACC schools have in their own states. The athletic department wants to reach into Fairfield County and have hockey and basketball games played there. I see no way PP is retained. Unless he goes undefeated the rest of the way or goes 8-4 and wins all the remaining home games.

Reaction Score
PP should have been fired right after the Maryland game at which he had so much fun during a loss. What coach says that kind of thing?

Reaction Score
5-7 no chance. None. 6-6, 7-5 it would be highly dependent on how it happened. If they looked progressively better, maybe upsets Louisville and Rutgers, maybe put together a 5-6 game winning streak like the 2010 team. If it is Buffalo, USF, SMU, Memphis, Temple, say Rutgers or say a Louisville team without its quarterback due to injury, there is no chance he returns. 8 wins and he's probably back because that mean he had to beat at least a couple of pretty fair football teams. But I've always believed that 8 was the line and anything less would be highly dependent on who and how.

Reaction Score
5-7 - he's gone. If they lose to Buffalo - he probably goes next week because the storm will be epic.

Reaction Score
He would need to go 5-4, the rest of the way. But it would look like a turn around given the start of the season.
If PP's record is 7-5 (very doubtful at this point) and there is apathy towards the program (small crowds, fans arriving late, leaving early) then he's gone. 5-7 no matter what...he's gone

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
PP is gone... Probably at season's end. We miss a bowl, go 4-8. (Wins this week again Buffalo, USF, SMU, and Memphis)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
please God, don't let that happen

"I'll be good, I promise"

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If 5 wins (even six or seven) saves P's job, it will (within a year) cost Warde his job.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
UB. W
USF. W
CINCY L
UCF. L
LOU. L
Smu W
Temp. W
Rutg. L
Memp. W

5-7

No bowl. Dracula shitcanned.

Case dismissed

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
P isn't going anywhere. The sooner this board bends over and accepts the shaft this administration has been given us the easier it will be.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
Good God I Hope Not, Can you imagine him continuing his sub-par (Last 3 yrs @ Syracuse record) for another 3 or 4 yrs here??
I don't think I could take 4 more yrs of games where I ask myself "WTF did he just do???, again #$%&!!!"

Reaction Score
If we lose to Buffalo, there's an outside shot he doesn't survive the bye week. If we lose to Buffalo, there's a higher chance one or both coordinator plus staff (read: GDL) will not survive the bye week.

Reaction Score
same exact answer as last year. If he is still the coach then you know 1) there is little interest in raising the program in any way 2) there is no reason to invest in the program due to realignment future (stuck in AAC). why spend more money on a program that loses mone for the university and will continue to do so in its current state?

Reaction Score
You are probably not related to PP but I'm guessing your name ends in a vowel or you have ties to the Gambini crime family.
Plus you are on the crack pipe. First off if this team goes 7-5 plus a bowl win, which equals 8-5 a monkey WILL fly out of my ass.
Second, if the preceding happens, Warde will realize the players pulled it off and not the coaches and he still will be fired.

No, I'm not related to Coach Pasqualoni and I take offense to that crack pipe insult and the last name insult... that's pretty childish even from you but.... I guess it should be expected. I support the football program and the school and will continue to support the coaching staff in a positive manner until they are replaced at which time I will support the new coaching staff. You might consider that blind faith but since I or anyone in here has any say what-so-ever in who coaches this team I opt to just support the school, their decisions and the sports teams and staff they put out there for my enjoyment. And if you don't like it too bad!

Reaction Score
Well Pal, here's my gauge on whether P can survive no matter the 5-7 record you proffered. My social worker wife (who you know) sees good in all and redemption for most. She voted for Jimmy Carter in 1980 when he was failing badly because (to paraphrase weyuo--"It might be blind faith but I support the president and his decisions").
She just said "that *king guy has to go---now!!"
lol--I'd say P is doomed.

Reaction Score
Nostical, funny! As I said, the bar is really 8 wins, 7 he's got an outside shot, but it is way outside. Need to put together a 4-5 game win streak down the stretch and it would need to be impressive in how it occurred...running Louisville out of the stadium, blowing away Memphis, that type of impressive. 7-6 with a bowl win over the MAC#3 isn't getting him extended. There is a pretty steep price for losing to Towson in my view. And part of that is the need to win 8.

Reaction Score
P isn't going anywhere. The sooner this board bends over and accepts the shaft this administration has been given us the easier it will be.

Here's my view about "this administration" - SH will pretty much get a free pass unless she says something stupid in support of PP. WM, on the other hand, gets no free pass if PP stays on much longer. Let's revisit on Sunday, but a sh!tty performance @ Buffalo should seal PP's fate. WM can be told that PP goes or you and PP go. One caveat - will the BOT get in the way?

Reaction Score
First off UConn isn't going 7-5 this season. The Michigan was an aberration, the team played inspired football. Let's see on the road and when they are 1-6 or 1-8. They are going nowhere this season, so PP is done.

Reaction Score
I think 4 and 8 might be a stretch goal. I'm just hoping we can play inspired football the rest of the year and retain the recruiting class that we have. I'd be shocked if HCPP is still here on XMAS day.

Reaction Score
First off UConn isn't going 7-5 this season. The Michigan was an aberration, the team played inspired football. Let's see on the road and when they are 1-6 or 1-8. They are going nowhere this season, so PP is done.
I didn't say they would. I said even if they do, it likely won't be enough. I tend to agree that 4 wins is the ceiling. None is not beyond the realm of possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom