Wichita State Postgame thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Wichita State Postgame thread

Reaction Score
He said he was uncomfortable with the quality of basketball being played at certain times by the home team. I think that is probably what you saw.
What I saw was right after he said he felt fine, he grimaced in pain just unscrewing the cap on his water bottle. Ouch.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What I saw was right after he said he felt fine, he grimaced in pain just unscrewing the cap on his water bottle. Ouch.
I think he was reacting to bad posture ... looked like back pain.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just one more thing on 'A' games and Uconn teams - there have been a few years where Uconn really didn't need their A game to win it all as long as none of the other good teams played their A+++ game. There was one year (against OK) where playing their C game was good enough in the final.

This year is a year where even playing their A game might not be enough which is why it feels so different and why a lot of fans are freaking out. I am enjoying the ride and watching the development of the players.

Of course, there are a few games I may have to watch on replay so I don't have a heart attack! :eek: :cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It takes a while for a person with abdominal surgery to recover - not sure but I suspect this was not micro-surgery/arthroscopic which means cutting through muscle. I have had it done and any movement that puts strain on the incision is not fun and that last for a couple of months. Suspect Geno will not be attempting any half court shots till late March.

Reaction Score
Christyn:

Goes without saying but I will say it anyway, she is a very smart, very self aware young lady. I think she has figured it out and I will be surprised if she doesn’t start to “take off” from here.

Reaction Score
Kyla played 17 minutes and took 1 shot. Molly only played 4 minutes, but she looked like she didn't want to shoot. You can't play 4 on 5 basketball against the top teams and win.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
The issue as always is teams playing their 'A' game, and so far this season there are only Uconn, Oregon State, NC State, and UCLA in the top 10 ranking that have played enough of their 'A' game in each of their contests to not lose. So Baylor, SC, and Oregon have already proven to be incapable of playing anything close to an 'A' game at least once.
And of note:
Oregon has played zero away games
Baylor has played two away games
SC has played four away games
Uconn has played six
The first three all lost on neutral courts, Uconn has yet to lose and has played as many away games as the other three combined.

Oregon has in fact played two away games: Syracuse and Long Beach State. UCONN will be the third.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Oregon has in fact played two away games: Syracuse and Long Beach State. UCONN will be the third.
Whoops - sorry. Mixed up Baylor and Oregon in that listing. Baylor is 8-0 at home and 0-0 away. They were 2-1 at the Paradise Jam (same record at the Jam as both Oregon and SC)

Reaction Score
I did like how CW took over after Megan fouled out.
By "took over" do you mean going one-on-one against the Shockers? It's alarming to think that our team offense didn't work against WS, not the highest rung on the ladder, eh?

Reaction Score
He looked tired to me in the pre game presser but looked fine to me during the game and in the post game presser. No problems here. :D
He actually looked in pain to me. I believe he was out sick but I did not hear what was wrong. Hope he recovers soon.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Kyla played 17 minutes and took 1 shot. Molly only played 4 minutes, but she looked like she didn't want to shoot. You can't play 4 on 5 basketball against the top teams and win.
Head bang :rolleyes:
Will it ever end (before they graduate)???
Unbelievable.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
There are a number of teams that have players who seldom shoot but they do other things to help their teams. Not every team has five scorers on the floor at the same time. We don't know if Kyla and Molly are following instructions from the coaching staff. Earlier Kyla was shooting a lot more than she is now. She stated that she was told what she should do and what she should not do. I think they are doing what the staff has told them to do. Otherwise, Kyla would not still be starting, imo. Regardless, they are both contributing and doing it in prime time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom