Why UConn needs to take step in NCAA Tournament | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Why UConn needs to take step in NCAA Tournament

Reaction Score
Nowhere to be found when Ollie won UConn #4 as well.
I remember that. He just disappeared for a long time. No posts admitting he was wrong or having some positive take. Just disappeared into some hole.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I like Herb Sendek. And he wasn’t an awful coach. Got his teams to the NCAA tournament pretty regularly at NC State. He made 5 straight including a Sweet 16. Plus got Arizona State to the Round of 32. Hurley actually has a way to go to be Sendek. To date Hurley looks like a lot of coaches. He’s fine. Not going to win you a championship but he’ll rarely put really bad teams out there. He is as I said, pretty good. If you traded him for any number of coaches. In fact if you look at the current crop of New Big East Coaches you have to wonder if he will have some trouble keeping up.

College basketball is full of guys who succeeded at lower levels before hitting a ceiling once they got a high major job. He has surpassed some and isn’t as good as others. Based on what he has delivered so far I think it is likely that UConn needn’t pack more than 1 change of clothes when they go to the Dance. Of course to date they didn’t need to pack anything. Eventually I suspect UConn fans will want more. Though that might not be true. Perhaps we will like being another Seton Hall.
i was mostly with you on this until u said, aboot danny,
'Not going to win you a championship.' i am hopeful that he can, but that's all i got, reasonable hope.

'Seton Hall has 1 top 25 KenPom team in the last 25 years. Hurley did it twice in a row in his first 4 seasons after inheriting a team ranked 180th.'

Back to Back Kenprom Top 25!

too long for a bumper sticker. that's out as a yardstick. more like a foot stick.

Reaction Score
i was mostly with you on this until u said, aboot danny,
'Not going to win you a championship.' i am hopeful that he can, but that's all i got, reasonable hope.

'Seton Hall has 1 top 25 KenPom team in the last 25 years. Hurley did it twice in a row in his first 4 seasons after inheriting a team ranked 180th.'

Back to Back Kenprom Top 25!

too long for a bumper sticker. that's out as a yardstick. more like a foot stick.
Nobody said we'd be satisfied with that. Just that we're not going to end up like Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
Counterpoint to your vibe on Freescooter.. Where does he go/what does he do when DH scores Banner #5??
I’ll do what I did when Ollie got #4. I posted that I was excited and had misjudged Ollie who did a better job than I thought he could do. In hindsight I now think he did a creditable job for sure but was also incredibly fortunate. His post 2014 career was an embarrassment. I honestly still don’t know what to make of the guy.

Reaction Score
So far Hurley has shown himself to be a solid mid-major coach who has been pretty ordinary at the major level. Highest finish in the league has been 3rd. New Big East Tournament best finish semi finals. NCAA two bids: 0-2. You could probably replace him with 25 other pretty good major conference coaches and end up with a similar result. Or just accept that he is going to be Herb Sendek.
sick team america GIF

Reaction Score
Either way, Alex Karaban didn’t mince words after the UConn men’s basketball team's practice on Saturday.

“I think we can be a national championship team,” the 6-foot-8 forward proclaimed. “We have the talent level, we have the great coaching staff. The only thing that can stop us is ourselves. If we don’t come in every day with it, I think we’ll fall short of expectations. But I really think we’re a national championship team.”

Ultimately, Hurley appreciates Karaban’s confidence.

“My expectation is that his class will win a national championship here. That’s the goal, that’s what we’re all here for. I’m thrilled to hear that, that that’s what he’s talking about and not an individual award or self-obsessed, which unfortunately has crept into the college game.”

freescooter with another bad take. What else is new?

UConn men's basketball team enters season-opener confident yet 'vulnerable'

Should I post every time Hurley talks about winning a national championship or is that just piling on? :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom