Why so much finger pointing? | The Boneyard

Why so much finger pointing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not here but on the court. Its somewhat funny to see so much policeman style car trafficking. Even Giff got into the General look a few times. Sometimes two at once, pointing in different directions. By the way players didn't need to have the ball (i.e. dribbling) to point.

Are they trying to run a play or look authoritative?

Reaction Score
Primadonna mentalities always backfire... Couldn't watch the game but did not like what I saw against Quinnipiac. This "UConn basketball" hype being pushed by Ollie is getting players thinking too highly of themselves. Someone correct me if I am wrong. We've become an "SEC football" program in basketball, bluntly put.

Reaction Score
Primadonna mentalities always backfire... Couldn't watch the game but did not like what I saw against Quinnipiac. This "UConn basketball" hype being pushed by Ollie is getting players thinking too highly of themselves. Someone correct me if I am wrong. We've become an "SEC football" program in basketball, bluntly put.

There's some "confident" guys out there but I'm not picking up what you're putting down here butch? Huh?

Reaction Score
The finger pointing was about setting picks, setting them incorrectly, etc.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm not going to correct you, Butch, but I disagree. I think poor play begets finger-pointing. You can play next to your best friend but when you're playing badly against a team you should be creaming, people are going to point fingers. Because there are errors being made that can be pointed to.

Bazz does a lot of it, but that's who he is. You can say Ollie should reel him in a little. Maybe he should. I don't know -- none of us knows -- what goes on in the locker room, practices, and the huddle.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to correct you, Butch, but I disagree. I think poor play begets finger-pointing. You can play next to your best friend but when you're playing badly against a team you should be creaming, people are going to point fingers. Because there are errors being made that can be pointed to.

Bazz does a lot of it, but that's who he is. You can say Ollie should reel him in a little. Maybe he should. I don't know -- none of us knows -- what goes on in the locker room, practices, and the huddle.

Well, someone needs to find out right now.

I'm tired of guessing and reading posts from all of you.

Many of you seem pretty smart and have a much better sense of 'things' and basketball than I do. But I can only take so much . . . .

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There are about four guys on the team who usually know what is supposed to be happening - those are the four that tend to do all the pointing and gesturing.

It's not ego or anything else - they're trying to get that frontcourt into some sort of order.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not here but on the court. Its somewhat funny to see so much policeman style car trafficking. Even Giff got into the General look a few times. Sometimes two at once, pointing in different directions. By the way players didn't need to have the ball (i.e. dribbling) to point.

Are they trying to run a play or look authoritative?
It's what happens when you have a team with lots of new looks. The only veteran player with significant game experience is SN and last year he was the 1 G. This year he is playing the off guard.
RB subbed for SN last season but he missed the first third of the season and now he is running the point.
NG played brief minutes and primarily at the three. This year he's playing at the four primarily, although in this game he played minutes at the three.
TO played decent minutes but as a back up four not a starting five.
DD hardly played last season. OC is a freshman and RE was on a different team.
EW and Nolan are still learning the game.

I like the team working on things even as they are trying to get another win. If this team can avoid a bad spurt they can be playing decent ball by the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom